Welcome to the 131st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Confessions of a Clinton exile.
- Valéry Giscard d’Estaing obituary: Aspired to modernise France as president. (RIP)
- For music’s crew workers, 2020 has been devastating.
- Less than half of Americans know that alcohol is a carcinogen. Big Booze wants to keep it that way.
- Six in a row: winning numbers in South African lottery are: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- The neuroscience of peripersonal space explores how you create, defend or relax the buffer zone between you and the world.
- How a former Pizza Hut delivery guy used TikTok And Instagram to build Gymshark into a billion-dollar sportswear brand.
- If you pay a mouse to eat a cookie, will he like it more or less?🍪
- The carpenter behind some of New York’s most elaborate—and expensive—homes.🏡
- The lessons of Tony Hsieh’s quest for employee happiness. (RIP)
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- One person in the room with you has COVID-19. Here’s how long it takes to get infected.
- Drug reverses age-related mental decline within days.
- Did viruses create the nucleus? The answer may be near.
- Need to increase HPV vaccine uptake in adolescents.
- Scientists unlock ‘sugar code’ to regulate in vivo and ex-vivo blood stem cell production.
- Cocoa flavanols boost brain oxygenation, cognition in healthy adults. (order up Medspresso Hot Chocolate here)☕
- Research reveals how a fungal infection activates inflammation.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- How psychedelics help you “die before you die”.
- As psychedelics enter a new era, Errol Morris’s new doc explores their original evangelist.
- ‘I was lost.’ Ex-NHL enforcer Daniel Carcillo says magic mushrooms saved his life and offer real hope for mental health treatment.🏒🥊
- Liberty cap: the surprising tale of how Europe’s magic mushroom got its name.🍄
- These four former pro athletes are using psychedelics to heal their brain injuries.
- The Dutch government is supporting research into the use of medicinal cannabis in the treatment of neuropathic pain with € 1.9 million.
- Cannabis removed from United Nations list of most harmful substances.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) in cannabis does not impair driving, landmark JAMA study shows.
- NBA to continue policy of not testing players for marijuana.🏀
- Diego Maradona dies after suffering cardiac arrest.⚽ (video here)
- LeBron James, Lakers agree to two-year, $85 million extension.🏀
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Nikola short sellers (NASDAQ: NKLA) are now making money as GM scuttles deal. More here.
- Latest hemp investor group files plans to raise $100 million.
What Moved in the Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.0% to 30,218. S&P 500 +1.7% to 3,699. Nasdaq +2.1% to 12,464. Russell 2000 +1.9% to 1,891. CBOE Volatility Index -0.2% to 20.79.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.9%. Utilities -2.2%. Financials +1.8%. Telecom +1.8%. Healthcare +2.8%. Industrials +0.4%. Information Technology +2.8%. Materials +0.1%. Energy +4.5%. Consumer Discretionary -0.4%.
London +2.9% to 6,550. France +0.2% to 5,609. Germany -0.3% to 13,299. Japan +0.4% to 26,751. China +1.1% to 3,445. Hong Kong -0.2% to 26,836. India +2.1% to 45,080.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.2% to $46.09/bbl. Gold +3.% to $1,842.1/oz. Natural Gas -10.2% to 2.554. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.8% to 137.4.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.33%. USD/JPY +0.09%. GBP/USD +0.99%. Bitcoin +6.%. Litecoin +10.5%. Ethereum +6.9%. Ripple -9.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Auris Medical Holding (NASDAQ:EARS) +184%. China Automotive Systems (NASDAQ:CAAS) +104%. Aquabounty Technologies (NASDAQ:AQB) +94%. Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MACK) +85%. Codiak BioSciences (NASDAQ:CDAK) +82%.
Top Stock Losers
Ovid Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OVID) -57%. Kandi Technologies Group (NASDAQ:KNDI) -41%. Canaan (NASDAQ:CAN) -36%. Kaixin Auto Holdings (NASDAQ:KXIN) -35%. Titan Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TTNP) -34%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Sagacious adj. Shrewd; showing keen mental discernment and good judgment. “A sagacious remark.”
❔ Did You Know:
Before Coca-Cola got in on it, Santa used to look a lot less jolly — even spooky. It wasn’t until 1931, when the beverage company hired an illustrator named Haddon Sundblom for magazine ads that we got the jolly old elf. Now, kids won’t get nightmares when they dream of Christmas eve.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Diego Maradona Goals That SHOCKED The World (love the announcers)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 inspiring books top women leaders:
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs by Nathalie Molina Niño
A cold seat in a public restroom is unpleasant. But a warm seat in a public restroom is worse.🚽
📆 Upcoming Events:
19 days until Christmas.🎅🎄
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team