Welcome to the 81st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Just 17 days until Christmas Day!?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Hong Kong elections: pro-democracy camp wins 17 out of 18 districts.
- Are your neighbors ready for President Pete? More here.
- Kamala Harris drops out of presidential race after plummeting from top tier of Democratic candidates.
- Macron pension reform: France paralysed by biggest strike in years.
- UK election: Boris Johnson ahead but polls say it’s close.
- Paul Singer has been called the ”Doomsday Investor”. Now he’s hoping for calm waters.
- How Jonathan Rubinstein turned Joe Coffee into New York’s hometown brand.☕
- The 2010s will always be remembered by investors for the longest bull market in history.⬆
- Jobs growth soars in November as payrolls surge by 266,000.? (the economy continues to show massive resilience)
- Ponzi schemes, private yachts, and a missing $250 million in crypto: The strange tale of Quadriga.
- Why apocalyptic claims about climate change are wrong. Why climate alarmism hurts us all.
- Barbara Liskov the architect of modern algorithms.
- That uplifting Tweet you just shared? A Russian troll sent it.
- The FTC said Riley faked Sephora reviews for two years to boost sales.
- Montreal bagel war unites rival kings. ?
- After AI, fashion and shopping will never be the same.?
- Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin relinquish control of Alphabet to CEO Sundar Pichai.
- How we’ll buy things in 2030: Smart stores and personalized experiences.?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Israeli scientists discover molecule that destroys pancreatic cancer cells.
- The deadly superbugs lurking in more than nine in ten make-up bags. ?
- Brush your teeth to protect the heart. ??
- The hunt for a blood test for Alzheimer’s Disease.?
- The end of HIV transmission is a distant dream.
- Proprioception: The silent “sixth” sense.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psilocybin for major depression granted Breakthrough Therapy by FDA.
- Fyllo wants to be the PayPal of weed.
- The benefits of CBD oil for sleep disorders and insomnia.?(Getting quality rest is so important for your health. Take the time to read up on the subject and see how you can apply your learnings and improve upon your sleep habits)
- Cannabis may spark the munchies — so why aren’t users gaining weight?
- Israeli cannabis company Kanabo Research has agreed to an acquisition by UK company Spinnaker Opportunities.
- Africa could reap major benefits from the legalization of cannabis.
- The keys to understanding psilocybin’s medical value and market potential.
- Messi’s hat trick highlights Barcelona’s win over Mallorca.⚽ (check out the insane goal by Suarez)
- United Puts on One of Best Displays of Season, Dents Rival’s Title Hopes in Process.⚽
- Davis Cup final: Spain beat Canada with wins for Rafael Nadal & Roberto Bautista Agut. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Alibaba shares rise in Hong Kong debut, creating city’s biggest stock with HK$4 trillion market capitalisation.? (now that is how a well run IPO should go off, long term the stock has huge upside potential)
- Charles Schwab to buy TD Ameritrade in deal that will reshape the retail brokerage business.
- LVMH aims to restore Tiffany’s sparkle with $16.2bn takeover.
- Aurora CEO eyes U.S. amid looming ‘carnage’ for Canadian pot industry.
- Berkshire Hathaway bet big on dialysis giant DaVita (NYSE: DVA). Jim Chanos thinks it’s a scam.
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6bn in world’s biggest share sale.
- Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) target raised as JMP sees price cut luring more users. (we see this 60% lower for next year settling in at $15 from a current $33) ?♂️?
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The wealth required by nature is limited and is easy to procure; but the wealth required by vain ideals extends to infinity.” — Epicurus
? Word Of The Week:
- Abrogate v. Repeal or do away with a law, right, or agreement. “To abrogate a law.”
❔ Did You Know:
An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body
You have about 5 liters of blood in your body (at least, most people do) and the average heart pumps about 70 mL of blood out with each beat. A healthy heart also beats around 70 times a minute. So, if you multiply the amount of blood that the heart can pump by the number of beats in a minute, you actually get about 4.9 liters of blood pumped per minute, which is almost your whole body’s worth of blood. In just a minute, the heart pumps the entire blood volume around your body.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- ADL International Leadership Award presented to Sacha Baron Cohen at Never Is Now 2019. (he really takes aim at facebook?)
- Life, Death, Psychedelic Mushrooms and Cancer – 30 minute audio interview. (most interesting)
- NO TIME TO DIE Trailer – Bond. (looks great)
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Ben Horowitz, founding partner of famed venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. (another great interview by Barry)
? Books We Are Reading:
Our list of 5 great books about meditation:
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Meditate: A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind by Ani Pema Chödrön
- Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace by Dr. Patrizia Collard
- Sensational Meditation for Children: Child-Friendly Meditation Techniques Based on the Five Senses by Sarah Wood Vallely
? One Liners:
What did one ghost say to another? Do you believe in people??
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)