Welcome to the 127th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
In just 1 day, the 2020 US election will take place and no winner will be officially declared. It will be a big mess for many weeks to come unfortunately.
Working on the frontline, our very own Dr. Anna this past week fell victim to COVID-19. She is on the mend and will be back to 150% soon. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- AOC’S next four years.
- Brexit trade talks to go on in Brussels.
- Moldova heads to runoff Presidential Election as Pro-EU candidate leads.
- Oliver Burkeman’s last column: the eight secrets to a (fairly) fulfilled life.
- Blackpool grime artist Mille B took over TikTok, and then the charts. ?
- How emotions connect your body and brain. ?
- Study of 14,000 runners reveals surprising link between elite athletes and beginers. ?♀️
- Flying is safe from Covid, says staudy funded by airline group. ✈
- New clues to chemical origins of metabolism at the dawn of life.
- Area 51 has a huge new hangar facility that points to a drone swarm future.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Scientists discover new organ in the throat.
- High fat or ‘ketogenic’ diets could prevent, reverse heart failure.
- MeliBio is building honey in the lab, not in the hive. ?
- High-sugar diet can damage the gut, intensifying risk for colitis.
- Genomic study reveals role for hypothalamus in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Can the body’s endocannabinoids fight intestinal infections?
- Single brain region links depression and anxiety, heart disease, and treatment sensitivity.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Wuhan General Group updates on University of Pretoria research collaboration for Psilocybin Magic Mushroom Clinical Trials.
- Seth Rogen on fighting cannabis stigma and why pot should be as accepted as beer.
- The role of psychedelic plant medicines in addiction treatment.
- Why you didn’t get the cannbis strain you think you did.
- International study finds 79% of individuals who microdose with psychedelics report improvements in their mental health.
- Synthetic cannabinoids linked to increased hospitalizations and deaths in older adults with COPD.
- Pain, inflammation top reasons why low-THC cannabis interests Canadians.
- Scientists identify a powerful anti-inflammatory compound in psychedelic drugs.
- Dodgers win their first World Series title since 1988. ⚾?
- Utah Jazz to be sold to Ryan Smith, ending Millers’ three-decade run as owners. ?
- Ronaldo scores twice on return from COVID-19 in Juve win. ⚽
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- JPMorgan sees bitcoin rising up to ten-fold as Millennials flood into the “Alternative” Currency.
- Aurora Cannabis looks to shore up finances with $500 million shelf offering.
- Twitter shares plummet after user growth falls short. ?
This Past Week in the Markets:
Dow -6.5% to 26,502. S&P 500 -5.6% to 3,270. Nasdaq -5.5% to 10,912. Russell 2000 -6.7% to 1,531. CBOE Volatility Index 38% to 38.02.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -4.8%. Utilities -3.7%. Financials -5.6%. Telecom -3.9%. Healthcare -5.7%. Industrials -6.5%. Information Technology -6.5%. Materials -4.3%. Energy -5.7%. Consumer Discretionary -6.2%.
London -4.8% to 5,577. France -6.4% to 4,594. Germany -8.6% to 11,556. Japan -2.3% to 22,977. China -1.6% to 3,225. Hong Kong -3.3% to 24,107. India -2.6% to 39,614.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -10.2% to $35.77/bbl. Gold -1.4% to $1,878.7/oz. Natural Gas 14.1% to 3.39. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.2% to 138.13.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.77%. USD/JPY -0.02%. GBP/USD -0.77%. Bitcoin 2.8%. Litecoin -8.5%. Ethereum -7.2%. Ripple -7.5%.
Top Stock Gainers
Scholar Rock Holding (NASDAQ:SRRK) 175%. Novus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NVUS) 58%. Universal Security Instruments (NYSEMKT:UUU) 42%. Tupperware Brands (NYSE:TUP) 41%. Lianluo Smart (NASDAQ:LLIT) 36%.
Top Stock Losers
Intec Pharma (NASDAQ:NTEC) -48%. Biondvax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BVXV) -42%. Cancer Genetics (NASDAQ:CGIX) -41%. Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BLCM) -40%. Axovant Gene Therapies (NASDAQ:AXGT) -39%.
US Foods (NYSE:USFD) and Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) on November 2; Humana (NYSE:HUM), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Ferrari (NYSE: RACE), Prudential (NYSE:PRU), Sysco (NYSE:SYY) and Eversource Energy (NYSE: ES) on November 3; Performance Food Group (NYSE:PFGC), Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) and MetLife (NYSE:MET) on November 4; Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Booking Holdings (NASDAQ:BKNG), General Motors (NYSE:GM), Uber (NYSE:UBER), Bristol- Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY), Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE), Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON) and AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) on November 5 and CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), Hershey (NYSE:HSY) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ:VIAC) on November 6.
New Oriental Education (NYSE:EDU) launches its Hong Kong IPO on November 3. IPO lockup periods expire on GAN (NASDAQ:GAN) on November 1, as well as Ayala Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AYLA) and China Liberal Education (NASDAQ:CLEU) on November 4.
? Our Must-Have Of The week:
- Habitat: Manufacturer of design since 1964, Habitat offers more than 1000 references of furniture and sofas for a contemporary interior.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. – Confucius
? Word Of The Week:
Contentious adj. Causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial. Involving a heated argument. “The terms of the agreement remain contentious between the parties.”
❔ Did You Know:
Gerald Ford is the only person who served as President and Vice President without having been elected to either office. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews: James O’Keefe, M.D.: Preventing cardiovascular disease and the risk of too much exercise. (An incredible podcast filled with so much valuable information for you and your health)
? Books We Are Reading:
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- The Cold Millions by Jess Walter
- Can’t Even: How Millennials Became The Burnout Generation by Anne Helen Petersen
- I started with nothing, and I still have most of it.
? Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team