Welcome to the 138th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
All markets are getting frothy and ridiculous. Stocks, crypto, art, comic books, sneakers and so much more. Buyer beware.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
Nothing new, interesting nor factual to report. Same old BS.
- 9 uncomfortable facts about the U.S. stock market.
- Beware Goldman’s latest prediction about the stock market.
- The SPAC boom is hazardous — ‘That’s the Whole Point’of Mark Yusko’s new ETF.
- EasyJet says revenues slump almost 90% on virus hit.✈📉
- Black Lives Matter is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
- China executes ex-banker Lai Xiaomin in corruption, bigamy case.
- The San Francisco School District’s renaming debacle has been a historic travesty.
- Five ways artificial intelligence can help space exploration.🌌
- Google salvaged Robinhood’s one-star rating by deleting nearly 100,000 negative reviews. (unreal)
- Reducing bias in AI requires high-quality data.
- Cognitive scientists and corporations see human minds as predictive machines. Right or wrong, they will change how we think.
- Tim Cook on why it’s time to fight the “Data-Industrial Complex“.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Immune cells in the brain are behind the depression experienced in inflammation.
- One-third of SARS-CoV-2 infections occur in people who never develop symptoms.
- The longevity gene mammalian Indy (mINDY) is involved in blood pressure regulation.
- Scientists discover a new promising target for diabetes treatment.
- Scientists jump-start two people’s brains after coma.🔌🧠
- Scientific research shows that THC and CBD promote a healthy microbiome.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Former NHL player launches psychedelics company.🏒
- Over half of cannabis users with Parkinson’s disease report clinical benefits.
- LSD may offer viable treatment for certain mental disorders.
- As the climate crisis looms large, the cannabis and hemp industries have begun to take a look at their collective plastic footprint.
- Frequent cannabis use by young people linked to decline in IQ.
- Essential fatty acids and the endocannabinoid system.
- How ecstasy and psilocybin are shaking up psychiatry.
- Neuroscience study indicates that LSD “frees” brain activity from anatomical constraints.
- Psychedelics as antidepressants.
- Your brain on LSD: a guide through the most mind-blowing psychedelics research.
- Research establishes antibiotic potential for cannabis molecule.
- We thought Brady had already done everything a quarterback could do🏈
- FC Barcelona is on the ‘verge of bankruptcy’ after it reported a $117 million loss and failed to pay players.⚽
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. 📰
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- GameStop (NYSE: $GME): Online Boiler Room Or Illegal Institutional Naked Short Selling?
- Robinhood raises $1 billion of fresh funding from existing investors.
- Robinhood not living up to its name.
What Moved The Markets
Dow -3.3% to 29,983. S&P 500 -3.3% to 3,714. Nasdaq -3.5% to 13,071. Russell 2000 -4.% to 2,082. CBOE Volatility Index +51% to 33.09.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.6%. Utilities -1.1%. Financials -4.6%. Telecom -3.4%. Healthcare -2.2%. Industrials -4.2%. Information Technology -3.%. Materials -5.%. Energy -6.6%. Consumer Discretionary -4.4%.
London -4.3% to 6,407. France -2.9% to 5,399. Germany -3.2% to 13,433. Japan -3.4% to 27,663. China -3.4% to 3,483. Hong Kong -4.% to 28,284. India -5.3% to 46,286.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.3% to $52.13/bbl. Gold -0.4% to $1,849.6/oz. Natural Gas +4.5% to 2.556. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 137.21.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.24%. USD/JPY +0.89%. GBP/USD +0.21%. Bitcoin +5.6%. Litecoin -3.7%. Ethereum +10.8%. Ripple +6.6%.
Top Stock Gainers
Koss Corporation (NASDAQ:KOSS) +1816%. GameStop (NYSE:GME) +400%. New Concept Energy (NYSEMKT:GBR) +350%. AMC Entertainment Holdings (NYSE:AMC) +278%. Express (NYSE:EXPR) +235%.
Top Stock Losers
eHealth (NASDAQ:EHTH) -40%. ReneSola (NYSE:SOL) -38%. Zymeworks (NYSE:ZYME) -35%. Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG) -35%. Irhythm Technologies (NASDAQ:IRTC) -33%.
The Week Ahead
The stock market tries to reset after its worst week since October with even popular stocks like Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) suffering post-earnings declines. The GameStop (NYSE:GME)-Reddit saga and ensuing short squeeze will still be a major story next week, but the Q4 earnings season will keep rolling with Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Merck (NYSE:MRK) and oils giants BP (NYSE:BP) and Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) some of the notable companies stepping into the earnings confessional. Economic reports due out include updates on durable goods, factory orders and construction spending. At the end of the week, the January jobs report blasts in to turn some of the focus back on some of the underlying issues with the U.S. economy.
The calendar in the week ahead features reports from Thermo Fisher (NYSE:TMO), NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) on February 1; Alibaba (BABA), BP (BP), UPS (NYSE:UPS), Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOG), Amazon (AMZN), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) on February 2; Humana (NYSE:HUM), AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), MetLife (NYSE:MET), Spotify (NYSE:SPOT) on February 3; Merck (MRK), Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN), Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM), Snap (NYSE:SNAP), Ford (NYSE:F), Pinterest (NYSE:PINS) and Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) on February 4 as well as Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) and Sanofi (NASDAQ:SNY) on February 5.
IPO pricings set to fire off during the week include Telus International CDA (TIXT), ON24 (ONTF), LoanDepot (LDI), Atotech (ATC) and Evaxion Biotech (EVAX). Across the Atlantic, Dr. Martens will start week two of trading after a successful first day in London. Also next week, IPO lockups expire on Rackspace Technology (NASDAQ:RXT), BigCommerce (NASDAQ:BIGC) and CNS Pharma (NASDAQ:CNSP) on February 2, as well as Freeline Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FRLN), Ibex Holdings (NASDAQ:IBEX), Checkmate Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CMPI) and Olb Group (NASDAQ:OLB) on February 3. Quiet periods end on Cullinan (NASDAQ:CGEM) and Gracell Bio (NASDAQ:GRCL) on February 3 to free up analysts to cover the stocks. One of the most anticipated IPO debuts of the year was pushed back when Roblox postponed its offering after recently raising private funding at a $29.5B valuation.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) 📈
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 (news here)
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Incessant adj. Continuing without pause or interruption. “The incessant noise kept him awake.”
❔ Did You Know:
On the night of Aug 21, 1986, a low lying white cloud grew over Lake Nyos in Cameroon. The cloud was created by a release of carbon dioxide gas at the bottom of the lake, which floated across the ground and into a nearby village, where it killed 1700 people.☁☠
📚 Books We Are Reading
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ
by Daniel Goleman
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
by Clayton Christensen
- True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
by Bill George
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
👀👂 Must Watch or Listen
Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Guy Winch, Ph.D.: Emotional first aid and how to treat psychological injuries.
A Review of the Evidence Base Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19. (video)
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.