Welcome to the 188th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Russia buildup reaches 70% needed for Ukraine invasion, according to anonymous American officials. 🚨
- GoFundMe says it will withhold more than $7 million dollars raised for Canadian truckers protesting against vaccine mandates. 💉
- Boris Johnson on the brink: The week that led his premiership to unravel. 🌀
- Biden officials push to hold up $11.3 billion USPS truck contract, citing climate damage. 🚚
- Tunisian President Kais Saied dissolved judicial council that deals with independence of judges – raising fears of bringing judges under presidential instruction. 👩⚖️
- Incredibly spiking US national debt hits monstrous $30 trillion. 📈
- Argentina joins China’s Belt and Road initiative, eyes US$23 billion investment. 💰
- Apocalypse Money: New private currency uses bills filled with real Gold. 🏅
- This is the worst earnings season since Covid emerged – half S&P500 companies having reported their earnings, it doesn’t look good for the rest. 📉
- Dashboard to navigate emerging market vulnerabilities to rising global rates. 💹
- What the hell are NFTs and what do they mean for art? 🖼
- A Gladiator arena, possibly the last ever built, discovered in Switzerland. 🇨🇭
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa: A standing miracle with a fascinating history. 🇮🇹
- Fashion is just TikTok now. 👗
- The Royal rundown on Cleopatra’s children. 👸
- From foraging to faux meats, mushrooms are having a moment. 🍄
- The Slap that changed American film-making. 🎥
- Mapped: Corruption in countries around the world. 🗺
- Scientists witness Orcas kill Blue Whale for the first time. 🐋
- Jeremiah Stamler, the pioneer of Preventive Cardiology, dies at 102. 👨⚕️
- Abandoned Spanish ghost town flooded in 1992 reemerged from the watery grave after 30 years submerged. 👻
- Johns Hopkins Analysis: ‘Lockdowns should be rejected out of hand’. ✋
- What’s so hard about understanding consciousness? 😶🌫️
- To help process the pandemic, one doctor turns to art. 🎨
- At 190, Jonathan the Tortoise is the world’s oldest. 🐢
- The cost of space flight before and after SpaceX. 🚀
- A mathematical model may help explain how blood circulates in the brain. 🩸
- Blockchain is just a database without crypto. ⛓
- The science of weather forecasting: what it takes and why it’s so hard to get right. 🌦
- Owl wing design with serrated edges reduces aircraft, wind turbine noise pollution. 🦉
- In the world’s fastest drummer, scientists see a bionics breakthrough. 🥁
- New spacecraft would take off on a runway and fly directly to space. 🚀
- Saudi Arabia to invest billions in metaverse, blockchain technology. 🤑
- With a little help, new optical material assembles itself. ⚛️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How COVID-19 might increase the risk of memory loss and cognitive decline. 😷
- World-leading authority on dietary interventions speaks out on the importance of “getting it right” when it comes to fasting for longevity. 🍽
- Novel drug combination triggers successful limb regeneration in adult frogs. 🐸
- Using deep learning to find genetic causes of mental health disorders in an understudied population. 🧬
- Researchers have developed new brain growth charts that provide reference models for brain development and aging across the entire lifespan. 🧠
- Can changing the microbiome reverse lactose intolerance? 🥛
- The Muslim Doctor behind the first cocaine-laced pig-to-human heart transplant. 🐷
- A solution to the Faint-Sun Paradox reveals a narrow window for life. 🪟
- How a major aging breakthrough could dramatically extend human longevity. 🙌
- The old medical maxim that the brain cannot repair itself was mistaken, which is good news amid widespread neurodegenerative disease. 👩⚕️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis may impair driving ability for up to 4 hours, study finds. 🚗
- Virginia Psilocybin Decriminalization Bill defeated in Senate Committee after top GOP lawmaker flips support. 👎
- Washington bill to legalize psilocybin mushroom treatment centers won’t pass. 🚫
- Canopy vows to ‘forge forward,’ says no mold issues in marijuana greenhouses. 🌿
- Can active ingredients in cannabis protect against brain aging? 🧠
- Trial will test synthetic cannabinoid for weight loss in obesity. 🔬
- Meet the Trailblazers in Women’s Olympic Snowboarding. 🏂
- Cameroon beats Burkina Faso to end AFCON 2021 in third place (1st and 2nd will be decided in tonight’s game). 🥇
- Rafael Nadal hails Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic after Australian Open win. 🏆
- European roundup: Dortmund’s hopes in tatters after 5-2 thrashing. ⚽️
- Kamila Valieva, Teenage Russian figure skater, makes striking Olympic debut. ⛸
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Inside Bill Ackman’s big Netflix (NASDAQ: $NFLX) buy. 💰
- The NFT gold rush made OpenSea into a $13 billion company — but can it stay on top? 💸
- Standard Lithium: All the hallmarks of made-in-Vancouver stock promotion. 📢
- Google (NASDAQ: $GOOGL) stock jumps 7% as company reports record revenue of $75.3 billion amid allegations of online ad markets manipulation. 📈
- Facebook (NASDAQ: $FB) shares plunge more than 20% on weak earnings, big forecast miss. 📉
🚨 Investment Opportunity: NURO 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Canadian NeuroTech company NURO is on a mission to help people communicate, using nothing more than the power of their brain. 🧠
The company has developed a groundbreaking technology platform called NUOS that transforms communication for people with paralysis and loss of natural speech. From readings collected via a headband or a pair of glasses, users of NURO’s products can instantly start communicating using brain activity alone, without requiring them to have any voice, touch, vision, or movement capacity, and without cameras or surgery.
While high-profile companies like Elon Musk’s Neuralink garner much of the attention in this area, most are still far from widespread use in humans.
NURO has already received FDA and Health Canada clearances for its non-invasive technology, and the company is currently raising funding to support a large-scale clinical trial at one of the United States’ leading healthcare institutions. 🔬
Having successfully raised over $1 million in grants and financing, the company is now raising this seed round of $5 million.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, February 7 Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN), Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) and Simon Property (NYSE:SPG).
Tuesday, February 8 BP (NYSE:BP), Centene (NYSE:CNC), Pfizer (PFE), Sysco (NYSE:SYY), DuPont (NYSE:DD), Yum China (NYSE:YUMC) and Chipotle (NYSE:CMG).
Wednesday, February 9 Honda Motor (NYSE:HMC), CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), MSG Entertainment (NYSE:MSGE) and DraftKings (NASDAQ:DKNG), PepsiCo (NASDAQ:PEP), Disney (DIS), Uber (UBER) and Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT).
Thursday, February 10 AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN), Coca-Cola (KO), Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM) and Kellogg (NYSE:K), Zillow (NASDAQ:ZG) and Equitable Holdings (NYSE:EQH).
Friday, February 11 Enbridge (NYSE:ENB) and Under Armour (NYSE:UAA).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are on the calendar for next week as the market stays in a quiet mode with new offerings. Analyst research will open up on TPG Inc. (NASDAQ:TPG) on February 7 and Cerberus Cyber Sentinel (NASDAQ:CISO) on February 8. Also on the calendar, IPO lockup periods expire on Hertz Global (NASDAQ:HTZ) and Eliem Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ELYM) on February 7, as well as CI&T (NYSE:CINT) and Southern States Bancshares (NASDAQ:SSBK) on February 8, Backblaze (NASDAQ:BLZE) and Lulu’s Fashion Lounge Holdings (NASDAQ:LVLU) on February 9 and Dutch Bros (NYSE:BROS) and Vallon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VLON) on February 10. Some of the lockup expirations are just for a certain block of shares.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +1.1% to 35,090. S&P 500 +1.6% to 4,501. Nasdaq +2.4% to 14,098. Russell 2000 +1.9% to 2,005. CBOE Volatility Index -16.1% to 23.22.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.6%. Utilities +1.6%. Financials +1.8%. Telecom -0.4%. Healthcare +1.8%. Industrials +1.5%. Information Technology +0.6%. Materials +1.5%. Energy +3.3%. Consumer Discretionary +0.2%.
London +0.7% to 7,516. France -0.2% to 6,951. Germany -1.4% to 15,100. Japan +2.7% to 27,440. China flat at 3,361. Hong Kong +4.3% to 24,573. India +2.5% to 58,645.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +5.9% to $91.95/bbl. Gold +1.3% to $1,808.9/oz. Natural Gas -1.9% to 4.55. Ten-Year Bond Yield +8.9 bps to 1.916.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +2.75%. USD/JPY -0.03%. GBP/USD +0.93%. Bitcoin +7.5%. Litecoin +8.7%. Ethereum +15.4%. XRP +4.5%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
DXC Technology (NYSE:DXC) +21%. Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) +17%. Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) +17%. Enphase Energy (NASDAQ:ENPH) +14%. United Parcel Service (NYSE:UPS) +13%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
PayPal Holdings (NASDAQ:PYPL) -23%. Meta Platforms (NASDAQ:FB) -21%. The Clorox (NYSE:CLX) -15%. C.H. Robinson Worldwide (NASDAQ:CHRW) -15%. Xylem (NYSE:XYL) -11%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $40 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Success is getting what you want, and happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie.
📖 Word Of The Week:
noun – a witty remark: “Peter ate heartily with a quip about being a condemned man.”
verb – make a witty remark: “‘Flattery will get you nowhere,’ she quipped.”
❔ Did You Know:
Only one person has ever won gold in both the Winter and Summer Olympics. 🥇
American Eddie Eagan captured gold in the light-heavyweight boxing event at the 1920 Antwerp Summer Games, and a dozen years later he was a member of the four-man bobsled team that won at the 1932 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid.
Norway’s Jacob Tullin Thams, East Germany’s Christa Luding-Rothenburger, and Canada’s Clara Hughes are the other three athletes to win medals in different sports in the Winter and Summer Olympics.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction – by
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – by
- Liar’s Poker – by Michael Lewis (a classic).
- The Fifth Risk – by Michael Lewis.
- From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America – by Howard Schultz.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
🎯 IBR Connecting the Dots – Jeff Discuses the Current State of the Market.🎧
📆 Upcoming Events:
The UK’s largest event for private investors, 19 March 2022. 💷
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.