Welcome to the 139th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Congratulations to Tom Brady and his Buccaneers. 7 Superbowl titles – unreal.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Newsom on the brink: Recall petition for California Governor reaches 1.4 million signatures. (he’s done)
- Myanmar coup: Tens of thousands join the largest protests since 2007.
- Norwegian can’t afford to pay laid-off employees but tells them to keep their uniforms as a “Keepsake”.✈
- Howard Marks, co-chairman of Oaktree Capital, explains why he thinks high valuations in financial markets should be a reason for concern.?
- Markets have ALWAYS been rigged, broken & manipulated.(kind of)
- A majority of investors believe all funds will incorporate environmental, social, and governance factors in five years.
- Christopher Plummer, Sound of Music star and oldest actor to win an Oscar, dies aged 91. (RIP)
- Can you trust a pro-beef professor? It’s complicated.?
- An ice bath might not be comfortable but it can be a great anti-aging tool. Let’s jump right in.?
- Physicists study how universes might bubble up and collide.??
- Jeff Bezos: Blue Origin ‘is the most important work I’m doing’.?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Green tea, coffee may help you avoid a 2nd heart attack.☕❤
- But I never smoked’: A growing share of lung cancer cases is turning up in an unexpected population.
- Brewing longevi-tea: green tea benefits life/healthspan.?
- Keto vs plant-based eating: Is the carb-insulin model correct?
- Football and concussions: How safe is the Super Bowl for players’ brains???
- Cancer research expands body’s own immune system to kill tumors.
- This is where empathy lives in the brain, and how it works.
- How elephants evolved to become big and cancer-resistant.?
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cambridge votes to decriminalize psychedelics and all controlled substances.
- Stroke victims to be given psychedelic drug DMT in a groundbreaking study.
- ‘CBD supports the immune system’: Austrian clinic reports promising results from cannabis trial on Covid-19 ICU patients.
- Canadian cannabis producer stocks soar 27% in January.
- Self-admitted psychedelic use and association with psychedelic culture harm perceptions of researchers’ scientific integrity.
- CBD & THC ease behavioral & health problems linked to autism spectrum disorder.
- Results of clinical trial show potential benefits of cannabis for children with Autism.
- Psychedelics reduced symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress that followed racial trauma.
- Canada moves closer toward legalizing psychedelics.
- How CBD can help you feel fuller longer.
- Atletico Madrid player Moussa Dembele has tested positive for coronavirus.⚽
- Krzysztof Soszynski says psychedelics helping brain post-fighting career, hopes they’re ‘the future’.???
- The winners and losers of Super Bowl LV.?
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. ?
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Chinese coffee chain Luckin files for bankruptcy in New York.
- Hindenburg Research goes after ‘Wall Street Celebrity Promoter’ Chamath Palihapitiya.
- Short-seller targets insurance startup, Clover, in a scathing report.
- GW Pharma to be acquired for $220 per share. (has been one of our favorite stocks in the cannabis sector since day 1)
- Tesla has invested $1.5 billion into Bitcoin, according to an SEC filing published today.?
What Moved The Markets
Dow +3.9% to 31,148. S&P 500 +4.7% to 3,887. Nasdaq +6.0% to 13,856. Russell 2000 +7.6% to 2,230. CBOE Volatility Index -36.9% to 20.87.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.5%. Utilities +2.3%. Financials +6.6%. Telecom +7.3%. Healthcare +0.5%. Industrials +4.9%. Information Technology +4.9%. Materials +3.9%. Energy +8.3%. Consumer Discretionary +6.%.
London +1.3% to 6,489. France +4.8% to 5,659. Germany +4.6% to 14,057. Japan +4.% to 28,779. China +0.4% to 3,496. Hong Kong +3.6% to 29,289. India +9.6% to 50,732.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +9.4% to $57.08/bbl. Gold -1.9% to $1,815.1/oz. Natural Gas +12.4% to 2.882. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.2% to 136.71.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.72%. USD/JPY +0.71%. GBP/USD +0.23%. Bitcoin +15.1%. Litecoin +21.4%. Ethereum +22.%. Ripple -2.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
ATA Creativity Global (NASDAQ:AACG) +382%. Lizhi (NASDAQ:LIZI) +245%. CPS Technologies (NASDAQ:CPSH) +239%. Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) +197%. American Resources (OTC:AREC) +156%.
Top Stock Losers
GameStop (NYSE:GME) -80%. Koss Corporation (NASDAQ:KOSS) -69%. MingZhu Logistics Holdings (NASDAQ:YGMZ) -66%. AMC Entertainment Holdings (NYSE:AMC) -49%. Express (NYSE:EXPR) -48%.
The Week Ahead
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) ?
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) ?
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) ?
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) ?
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) ?
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
? Word Of The Week:
Nascent adj. Recently coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential. Not yet fully developed; emerging. “The business remains nascent but very promising.”
❔ Did You Know:
A 2013 study suggests that the fats and sugars in Oreos make this cookie just as addictive as psychoactive drugs. Read about it here.?
? Books We Are Reading
5 inspiring books top women leaders:
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs by Nathalie Molina Niño
?? Must Watch or Listen
The scientists and shamans of psychedelic retreats. (45 minute audio, interesting)
? Upcoming Events:
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.