Welcome to the 39th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Princess Ubolratana Mahidol, the sister of Thailand’s king has joined the race to be the country’s next prime minister.
- President Trump’s 2019 State of the Union – Full Transcript.
- Theresa May will plead with MPs for more time to renegotiate the Irish backstop in her Brexit deal.
- A line on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s website supporting “economic security to all those who are unable or unwilling to work” triggered backlash this week and prompted mixed messages from her team about where the line came from.
- The business of kidnapping. Read about it here.
- Melbourne house prices have fallen at their fastest quarterly pace on record. ?
- Our top 5 gifts for women for Valentine’s Day available on Amazon:
1-Vinyl Record Player, 2-Heart Necklace, 3-Indoor Bonsai Tree, 4-Foot Massager, 5-Satin Pajamas. ?
- Our top 5 gifts for men for Valentine’s Day available on Amazon:
1-Smart Notebook, 2-Waterproof Kindle, 3-Watch, 4-Elliptical Cardio Machine, 5-Wireless Charger. ?
- How to better manage your time. ⏳
- Jeff Bezos accuses National Enquirer of blackmail and extortion.
- Brain tech startups, or neuro startups, lie at the interface between neuroscience and technology. Check them out. ?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The bad news on human nature, in 10 findings from psychology. Read or listen here.
- An MIT-led research team has developed a drug capsule that could be used to deliver oral doses of insulin. ??
- Cannabinoid compounds may inhibit growth of colon cancer cells. ♋
- Cannabis may help relieve autism symptoms.
- Twelve years after James Brown’s death, nearly a dozen people who knew him are calling for an autopsy or a criminal investigation. ?
- Great article by National Geographic: The Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s Masterpiece. ⛪
- Squirrel for dinner?
- The official 2019 emojis are here.
- Baseball Hall of Famer Frank Robinson dies at 83. ⚾
- Golf Hall of Famer Greg Norman to rollout CBD-infused personal care products. ?️♂️
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Congrats to founder and CEO Sean Folkson of Nightfood, Inc. ($NGTF) for winning the 2019 Product of the Year. The shares spiked 80% on the news.?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
- ”If you say you can or you can’t you are right either way.” – Henry Ford
? Word Of The Week:
- Ruminate – verb. Think deeply about something.
E.g. “We sat ruminating on the nature of existence.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: There is a species of jellyfish that never dies: Known as Turritopsis dohrnii—or colloquially, the immortal jellyfish—this animal is able to revert back into its adolescent state after going through adulthood, and repeats this process for all eternity. ?
- On this day in history, February 10th, 1996: Deep Blue becomes the first computer to win a chess game against a reigning world champion. Despite his defeat in the first game, Russian world champion Garry Kasparov proceeded to win the match by 4-2 games.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading: (Great gifts for Valentine’s Day ?)
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs.
By John Doerr
Buy this book for yourself or as a gift here. ?
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street.
By Sheelah Kolhatkar
Buy this book here. ?
- Rocket Men: The Daring Odyssey of Apollo 8 and the Astronauts Who Made Man’s First Journey to the Moon.
By Robert Kurson
Buy this book here. ?
? Feel Good Sunday:
- Free Hugs Campaign: Sometimes a simple hug can make you feel a lot better, and there is evidence that human contact boosts feel-good chemicals in the brain. Watch it.
? One Liners:
- Went to the zoo. There was only one dog in it. It was a shitzu. ?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant and profitable upcoming week! ??
The IBR Team