Welcome to the 189th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Russian invasion of Ukraine could be launched within days, U.S. warns. 🚨
- U.S. sending 3,000 more troops to Poland amid fresh Ukraine invasion warnings. 🇵🇱
- Chinese companies dominate mining and processing of important lithium resources – now, Western governments are raising alarm. ⛏
- ASEAN maintains hardline Myanmar stance to force junta into peace plan, despite Cambodia’s soft tactics. ☮️
- Congress’ attempt to crack down on insurers who routinely deny mental health and addiction claims sparks lobbying frenzy. 🙅♂️
- France: Hundreds fined and dozens arrested as anti-Covid restrictions ‘Freedom Convoy’ enters Paris. 🇫🇷
- Biden, Trudeau talk convoys as U.S. braces for Canadian-style protests. 🇨🇦
- Justice Department seized $3.6 billion in Bitcoin stolen in 2016 hack. 🤑
- Drug overdoses are costing U.S. economy $1 trillion a year, government report estimates. 💊
- Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury did not intervene in FX Markets during 2021 Q4. 👍
- Morocco’s tourism sector struggles to pick up. Morocco welcomed 13 million tourists in 2019, which dropped to just 4 million in 2021. 🏖
- Russia hikes interest rates again, this time by a full percentage point to 9.5% – warns of ‘Overheating’ economy. 💹
- Consumer debt totals $15.6 trillion in 2021, a record-breaking increase. 💰
- Court blocks offshore oil exploration project off coast of Buenos Aires Province. 🛢
- I’m an influencer, and I think social media is toxic. ☠️
- Discovery of ancient baby tooth places humans in Western Europe 10,000 years earlier than previously thought. 🦷
- Russian town asks Quentin Tarantino to help save the house where renowned Russian writer Boris Pasternak once stayed. 🏚
- African Heritage Sites threatened by coastal flooding and erosion as sea-level rise accelerates. 🌊
- Ray Dalio says the U.S. is headed towards ‘Civil War’. ⚠️
- Can we prove the world isn’t a simulation? 🤔
- Get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable. 😵💫
- ‘Cypherpunks have rallied to Assange’: NFT auction raises $52 million for WikiLeaks founder. 👾
- There are over 200 bodies on Mount Everest, and they’re used as landmarks. 🏔
- Who’s watching? Nearly a third of TV ads play to empty rooms. 📺
- Journal of the Plague Years XXI: Lockdowns do more harm than good. 📜
- The quantum computer revolution could break encryption — but more-secure algorithms can safeguard privacy. (this is a very very big problem) 🤔
- Can a Robot become a Pizza Chef? 🍕
- A big step towards quantum tech in space. 🚀
- Robot dogs could soon patrol U.S.-Mexico border, federal government says. 🐕
- Two-dimensional material could store quantum information at room temperature. 🌡
- Scientists solved the mystery of why Mars has no liquid water on its surface. 💧
- JET Fusion Facility – At temperatures 10x higher than the center of the Sun – sets a new world energy record. ☀️
- Computer Scientists prove why bigger neural networks do better. 🕸
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Men with sex addiction have an overload of ‘Love Hormone’ Oxytocin. 💘
- Brain stimulation for improved memory? 🧠
- Chronic stress accelerates aging: Epigenetic evidence. 🧬
- Clinical trials of nasal COVID vaccine to start this year. 💉
- Zebrafish research reveals green rooibos tea’s anxiety-busting properties. 🐠
- Applying rapid short pulses of ultrasound can non-invasively deliver liposomes directly to the brain, across the blood-brain barrier. 🔊
- Eat more yellow veggies, coffee to zap inflammation, heart disease risk. 🌽
- How higher blood sugar levels can harm brain health. 🩸
- A protein present in the gums may help prevent Alzheimer’s. 🔬
- Gut bacteria linked to immune suppression in pancreatic cancer. 👩🔬
- Team finds changes in fat composition of our brains’ myelin as we age. 🧠
- Changing your diet could add up to a decade to life expectancy. 🥗
- The Dog Aging Project will study longevity in 60,000 pups. 🐶
- Why do we get old? 🤷♂️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Can microdosing psychedelics boost mental health? Here’s what the evidence suggests. 🍄
- Israeli desert town aims to be medical ‘cannabis capital’. 🇮🇱
- Clinical study of psychedelic drugs for cancer patients could be a ‘game changer’. 🔬
- Hemp hampered no more with research showing potential as a cash crop. 💸
- South Africa looks to the cannabis, hemp industry to create jobs. 🇿🇦
- Are psychedelics the next big trend in cellular agriculture? 🧫
- Israel Adesanya remains undefeated after topping Whittaker. 🥊
- Super Bowl 2022: Everything you need to know. 🏈
- Chelsea wins Club World Cup as Kai Havertz scores extra-time penalty against Palmeiras. ⚽️
- Winter Olympics: Hungarian-Chinese Liu Shaoang takes men’s 500m short track gold. 🥇
- What happens if Kamila Valieva loses her Olympics doping hearing? ⛸
- France 30-24 Ireland – Les Bleus hold off spirited Ireland fightback to top table. 🇫🇷
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The collapse of the EV SPACs: Retail investors got fleeced swiftly and spectacularly. 💥
- NFL has been lobbying the SEC on blockchain technology. ⛓
- Startup Icelandic air carrier makes a play in the tough, low-cost transatlantic market. ✈️
- After $66 billion Arm sale to Nvidia collapsed over competition concerns, SoftBank announced plans to bypass UK and list Arm on NASDAQ. 🇺🇸
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Humanpeople 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Humanpeople is a preventative health platform helping people fix everyday health issues while reducing their risk of chronic disease. 👩🔬
By combining AI technology, diagnostic testing, medical evidence, and algorithmic analysis, Humanpeople profiles the exact needs of an individual at a point in time and provides tailored solutions to meet those needs.
CEO and co-founder is a successful clinician and entrepreneur. He formed Humanpeople on the back of his own clinical experience as a doctor, backed up by clinical research, showing that the early signs of ill health are there long before they appear and that many chronic conditions are in fact preventable. Humanpeople is CQC registered for health and diagnostic screening. 🔬
Previously raised £100k to build an MVP and run a successful pilot. Now looking to close a £400k round at £2.7 million pre-money valuation in the interests of closing ASAP and gaining traction before a further raise in 12-18 months.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, February 14 TreeHouse Foods (NYSE:THS), Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP), Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR) and Arista Networks (NYSE:ANET).
Tuesday, February 15 Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR), ViacomCBS (VIAC), Airbnb (NASDAQ:ABNB), Akamai Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM), Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) and Roblox (NYSE:RBLX).
Wednesday, February 16 Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC), Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI), Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), Energy Transfer (NYSE:ET), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Nvidia (NVDA), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT), Matterport (NASDAQ:MTTR) and DoorDash (NYSE:DASH).
Thursday, February 17 Walmart (WMT), AutoNation (NYSE:AN), Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU), Shake Shack (NYSE:SHAK),
Friday, February 18 Deere (NYSE:DE).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are expected to start trading next week. The analyst quiet period ends for NSTS Bancorp(NASDAQ:NSTS) on February 14. IPO lockup periods expire on Crescent Capital (NASDAQ:CCAP) on February 14, Iris Energy (NASDAQ:IREN) on February 15, Newlake Capital Partners (OTCQX:NLCP), Sweetgreen (NYSE:SG) and UserTesting (NYSE:USER) on February 16 and CYNGN (NASDAQ:CYN) on February 17. The IPO lockups cover only certain blocks of shares. On the SPAC calendar, shareholder votes are set for the Roth CH Acquisition III Co. (NASDAQ:ROCR) deal to take QualTek public, the Astrea Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ:ASAX) deal to take both HotelPlanner and Reservations.com public, as well as the Healthcare Capital Corp. (NASDAQ:HCCC) deal to take Alpha Tau Medical public.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -1.% to 34,738. S&P 500 -1.8% to 4,419. Nasdaq -2.2% to 13,791. Russell 2000 +1.5% to 2,033. CBOE Volatility Index +17.8% to 27.36.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.6%. Utilities -2.3%. Financials +1.5%. Telecom -1.4%. Healthcare -0.1%. Industrials +0.8%. Information Technology +0.1%. Materials +2.7%. Energy -1.%. Consumer Discretionary +0.6%.
London +1.9% to 7,661. France +0.9% to 7,012. Germany +2.2% to 15,425. Japan +0.9% to 27,696. China +3.% to 3,463. Hong Kong +1.4% to 24,907. India -0.8% to 58,153.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.8% to $93.93/bbl. Gold +2.9% to $1,860.4/oz. Natural Gas -12.6% to 3.997. Ten-Year Bond Yield -11.1 bps to 1.918.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.86%. USD/JPY +0.17%. GBP/USD +0.27%. Bitcoin +1.7%. Litecoin +4.%. Ethereum -3.%. XRP +16.%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Newell Brands (NASDAQ:NWL) +14%. Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX) +11%. Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE:RCL) +11%. Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +11%. Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) +11%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Lumen Technologies (NYSE:LUMN) -19%. Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ:ZBRA) -12%. Under Armour (NYSE:UAA) -11%. PayPal Holdings (NASDAQ:PYPL) -9%. Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) -8%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $40 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness.”
— Leo Tolstoy
📖 Word Of The Week:
adjective – (incumbent on/upon) necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility: “The government realized that it was incumbent on them to act.”
noun – the holder of an office or post: “The present incumbent will soon be retiring.”
❔ Did You Know:
During the Cold War, USSR thought that the heavily trafficked building in the center courtyard of the Pentagon was a top-secret meeting room and pointed nukes at it. It was a hot dog stand. – Source 🌭
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Life is What You Make It: Find Your Own Path to Fulfillment – by Peter Buffett.
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation – by Steven Johnson.
- Zucked: Waking Up to the Facebook Catastrophe – by
- Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street – by John Brooks.
- Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything – by Carol Loomis.
It takes guts to be an organ donor. 🫁🫀
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The second psychedelic renaissance video essay. Watch here. 🎥
📆 Upcoming Events:
The UK’s largest event for private investors, 19 March 2022. 💷
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.