Welcome to the 91st edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Happy Presidents Day to our friends in the US, and Family Day to our Canadian subscribers. 🤗
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Democracy and freedom of expression are under threat in Brazil.
- Engineering Iran’s Parliamentary Elections reveals Khamenei’s roadmap.
- Sinn Fein just upended Ireland’s status quo. What comes next?
- Mobile World Congress canceled after coronavirus outbreak makes conference ‘impossible’. 📵
- Paul Samuelson’s mathematical brilliance changed economics, but it was his popular touch that made him a household name.
- Trump wants ‘tax cuts 2.0’ by September, Kudlow says.
- S&P 500, Nasdaq capture new highs. Consumer Confidence for February shows Americans are happy.
- Two billion people around the world now use WhatsApp. 💬
- Oscars 2020: South Korea’s “Parasite” makes history by winning best picture. 👏 (Loved this film!)
- The new midlife crisis. Why (and how) it’s hitting Gen X women.
- Psychologists have discovered the specific dance moves that attract the opposite sex. 🕺(Important stuff here!)
- 2019-nCoV epidemiology: What do these numbers really mean?
- Harvey Weinstein trial: Memory expert and UC Irvine professor Elizabeth Loftus testifies for defense.
- Here are the most common Airbnb scams worldwide.
- The mother of all cognitive illusions.
- Disgraced attorney Michael Avenatti guilty on all three charges in connection to accusations he attempted to extort up to $25 million from athleticwear giant Nike.
- Robots at work and play. Check them out.
- Facebook canceled a 5,000-person conference in San Francisco because of coronavirus.
- A report states computers running macOS are now outpacing Windows when it comes to virus vulnerabilities. One of the best things you can do to protect your Mac against malware: don’t install Adobe Flash.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Can a new paradigm in diagnostics help you live healthier longer? (Thank you to our friend and subscriber Dr. Gregory Bailey, CEO of Juvenescence)
- Priscilla Chan charts an ambitious, unglamorous course to fight disease. (Her husband is involved, too)
- How one woman became the exception to her family’s Alzheimer’s history. Their story may point to new ways to stop the memory-robbing disease.
- How Google got its employees to eat their vegetables. 🍅🥒🥕 (Very smart)
- Disease modelers gaze into their computers to see the future of Covid-19, and it isn’t good.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psychedelic companies are about to go public. ($WUHN is already up and trading – and looking really good)
- Movement to decriminalize magic mushrooms gains steam.
- The experiments revealing how marijuana could treat dementia. 🧠
- The Great Psychedelic Reset. Watch it here. (Excellent)
- South Africa approves country’s first cannabis college.
- CannTrust appoints new CEO as it seeks regulatory reinstatement.
- Preclinical study links human gene variant to THC reward in adolescent females.
- Sanity Group, one of Europe’s leading medical cannabis and wellness brands announces the completion of a €20 million round.
- The growing push for medical use of psilocybin in Canada.
- Baseball sign stealing scandal with all the videos, audios and stats.
- Tre Jones made the play of the year and led Duke to an improbable 98-96 OT win over North Carolina.🏀
- Africa-born fighters are taking over the MMA.
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies.Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place. 💹
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Costco ( NASDAQ: COST) capitalism. Great read.
- BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: BTAI) shares closed up 55% to $36.97 following a significant upgrade from analysts at Suntrust, which increased their price target from $24 to $150. 📈💰
- Tesla: buy or sell?
- Biohaven’s (NYSE: BHVN) reformulated ALS drug is a flop in anxiety, unnerving investors ahead of CGRP migraine decision. (Buy the dip)
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Three Articles:
- Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE) – Space Rush
- Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP) Part II – Short Again
- Slack Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: WORK) – $5 Target
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.”
- “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria.” – Sir John Templeton
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Surreptitious adj. Kept secret, particularly because it would not be approved of. “His surreptitious drug habit could land him in jail.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know it only takes 6 minutes for alcohol to affect your brain?🍷🧠
Just one drink can quickly go to your head, whether you feel it or not. Researchers at Heidelberg University Hospital found that just six minutes after consuming alcohol, changes are already taking place in the brain. So even if you don’t feel tipsy right away, you’re definitely not totally sober either.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- “Transgenerational Biology” – The Biology of Heritable Memories,Oded Rechavi, TEDxVienna. (Amazing)
- Master in Business: Hannah Elliot, Supercar Reviewer. (Love cars?)
- Master in Business: Barbara Tversky, We tend to think of language as a driver of thought, but what if it is something older? (Fascinating listen)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
A few of our favorites from 2019:
- The Third Rainbow Girl, by Emma Copley Eisenberg
- Weather, by Jenny Offill
- In the Land of Men, by Adrienne Miller
- The Illness Lesson, by Clare Beams
- Minor Feelings, by Cathy Park Hong
🤣 One Liners:
- “I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- If you would like to present your company at the show, send Jeff an email at email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team