Welcome to the 234th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.🤗
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Mexican President calls on U.S. voters to reject border security candidates.🔐
- Sen. John Fetterman checks himself into hospital for clinical depression treatment.
- Former President Jimmy Carter to receive hospice care at home.🏥
- Dubai’s Emaar sees 80% net profit rise to Dhs6.8bn, supported by record property sales. (Dubai and the region continue to grow big time. The place to be as we have been saying)
- Raquel Welch dead: ‘Fantastic Voyage’ actress and sex symbol was 82.🎭
- Jean-Paul Zé Bella: the cunning Cameroonian soldier who became a global music legend.
- Man who served 28 years in prison freed after murder conviction overturned.🔓
- How KFC can become China’s biggest coffee brand. 🍗
- Mark Wahlberg finally sells mansion after massive $32M price cut.
- Sheikh Mohammed approves Dubai’s flying taxis for 2026. 🚖
- Bone conduction headphones make your own voice sound less weird 🎧
- Hogwarts Legacy Review 🧙♂️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Food additive titanium dioxide and its link to colon cancer.🍴
- Here’s how to feel more alert in the morning.
- The five-year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is increasing. 📊
- Neurosteroid deficits leads to depressed behavior.
- Fructose produced by the brain can lead to inflammation and ultimately Alzheimer’s disease. (the study is here)
- A blood test may predict future cognitive decline in preclinical Alzheimer’s Disease.🩸
- Similar brain atrophy in Obesity and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Here’s what researchers say about the most optimal ways to exercise.🏃♂️
- Drug linked to lower risk of dementia in people with diabetes.
- Computational modeling sheds light on human cognition and the origins of brain disorders. (the study is here)
NUTRITION & MICROBIOME
- Data finds Hemp hulls contain bioactive compounds supporting gut health. 👩⚕️
- Can food be medicine? Will insurers cover it? And other big questions about a new health movement. (M2Bio is very busy developing and delivering clinical evidence-based products to consumers $MRES)
- This debit card lets doctors prescribe free fruits and vegetables.🥕
- Cutting calories could (will) slow the pace of aging.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Biotechs scramble as Australia leads world in psychedelics.👨🔬
- Twitter to allow ads for cannabis.📱
- Study reveals how CBD counters epileptic seizures. (study is here)
- Colorado regulators are really tripping as they prepare to roll out “magic” mushroom legalization.🍄
- Bill to establish an advisory board for psychedelic drugs in Virginia passes State Senate.
- PAREA 2023: campaigning for psychedelic therapy in Europe.
- EU bodies provide perspective on the regulation of psychedelics. 📃
- Psychedelic-assisted therapy for harmful gambling.🎰
- Talk therapy is frequently paired with the use of psychedelics in psychedelic therapy.
- Vince McMahon wants $9 billion for WWE.
- Formula Student Africa launches to pull the future of e-mobility forward🏁
- Many players raised their hands, says Ellis as Banyana eye second win in Türkiye.
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Nothing here this week…
Tuesday, February 21 – Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), Molson Coors (TAP), Caesars Entertainment (CZR), and Palo Alto Networks (PANW).
Wednesday, February 22 – Stellantis (STLA), Baidu (BIDU), TJX Companies (TJX), eBay (EBAY), Nvidia (NVDA), Etsy (ETSY), and Lucid Group (LCID).
Thursday, February 23 – Alibaba (BABA), Wayfair (W), Booking Holdings (BKNG), Moderna (MDNA), Domino’s Pizza (DPZ), Block (SQ), and Keurig Dr Pepper (NASDAQ:KDP).
Friday, February 24 – EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) and Taboola (NASDAQ:TBLA).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are expected to start trading this week. Quiet periods will expire on TXO Energy Partners (TXO), QuantaSing Group (NASDAQ:QSG), Genelux (GNLX), and Brera Holdings (NASDAQ:BREA) to free up analysts to post ratings.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -0.1% to 33,827. S&P 500 -0.3% to 4,079. Nasdaq +0.6% to 11,787. Russell 2000 +1.4% to 1,946. CBOE Volatility Index -2.5% to 20.02.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.9%. Utilities +0.9%. Financials -0.3%. Telecom +0.2%. Healthcare -0.4%. Industrials +0.8%. Information Technology -0.4%. Materials -1%. Energy -6.9%. Consumer Discretionary +1.6%.
London +1.6% to 8,004. France +3.1% to 7,348. Germany +1.1% to 15,482. Japan -0.6% to 27,513. China -1.1% to 3,224. Hong Kong -2.2% to 20,720. India +0.5% to 61,003.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -4.3% to $76.33/bbl. Gold -0.6% to $1,851.5/oz. Natural Gas -10% to 2.263. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.817.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.18%. USD/JPY +2.09%. GBP/USD -0.16%. Bitcoin +12.7%. Litecoin +7%. Ethereum +10.6%. XRP +3.1%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
West Pharmaceutical Services (WST) +16%. Ecolab (ECL) +11%. Paramount Global (PARA) +10%. Generac Holdings (GNRC) +9%. Zoetis (ZTS) +9%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Devon Energy (DVN) -16%. APA (APA) -13%. EOG Resources (EOG) -12%. Organon & Co. (OGN) -10%. Diamondback Energy (FANG) -10%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) – $25 target 📈
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) $400 target📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) Big (beta) upside. $25 target 📈
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
📖 Word Of The Week:
❔ Did You Know:
Ducks cannot walk without bobbing their heads.
Ducks often bob their heads to signify moods or emotions. At times, it may also be used to signify flirting during the mating season.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
- No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
- The Running Book by John Connell
- A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
- Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
Just burned 2,000 calories. That’s the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with Mortimer “Tim” Buckley, who is chairman and chief executive officer of Vanguard. Previously, Buckley was Vanguard’s chief investment officer and chief information officer, overseeing the company’s internally managed stock, bond, and money market portfolios as well as its investment research and methodology. Vanguard is one of the world’s largest investment management companies, with assets under management of over with $7 trillion.
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SHOW 2023
The UK’s largest event for private investors
Business Design Centre, London, 18 March 2023, 9:15 am
Jeff will be in attendance and in London from March 07 until March 22. Reach out and connect with him. 🤝
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to email@example.com and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.