Welcome to the 141st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Iran pushes ahead with plan to cut UN nuclear inspections.💣
- Myanmar coup: witnesses describe killing of protesters as unrest continues.
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki dodged a question on Sunday regarding whether President Biden still considers New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo “the gold standard” for leadership during the coronavirus pandemic.
- When Arne Alsin wrote about investing in disruptive companies, one commentator called it one of the “dumbest articles ever written.” After a
274 percent year, Alsin isn’t the one who looks dumb.📈
- Someone has amassed over $2 billion in Dogecoin.💰
- Anthony Fauci wins Israel’s Dan David $1m prize for ‘defending science’.👨🔬
- A brief history of marketing in the coffee sector.☕
- Why Apple’s CEO wants to make health and wellness the company’s greatest legacy.
- Why did I leave Google or, why did I stay so long?🤔
- Instagram Fruit. The secret behind Del Monte’s Pink Pineapple™.🍍
- Google fined $1 Million for misleading French hotel rankings. (Google’s revenues are approx $1 Million every 90 seconds)
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Cluster headache ranked more painful than childbirth.🤕
- Tiny population of neurons may have big role in depression.😢
- How icebergs really melt — and what this could mean for climate change.🧊
- ‘Gamechanger’ drug for treating obesity cuts body weight by 20 percent.
- Anti-vaxxers misuse federal data to falsely claim COVID vaccines are dangerous.
- Researchers uncover new information on the effects of antidepressants.
- Store fat or burn it? Targeting a single protein flips the switch.
- Irregular sleep schedules connected to bad moods and depression.🛌
- Almost half of coronavirus sufferers report depression.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Will the Federal Government finally embrace the psychedelic revolution?
- 3M eyes hemp for adhesives, packaging replacements — even growing new organs.
- H&M-owned clothing company debuts hemp denim.👖
- Hexo to buy Zenabis in $235M deal, adding European presence.
- CBD use is growing – in candy, coffee, roll-ons, night cream and, soon, massages – to relieve stress and anxiety.
- NFL explores how marijuana and CBD can be used as opioid alternatives for players.
- How CBD can help you feel fuller longer.
- Barcelona’s Messi breaks Xavi’s club La Liga appearance record vs. Cadiz.⚽
- Naomi Osaka beat Jennifer Brady to win the Australian Open, remaining undefeated in Grand Slam finals as she claimed her fourth major title.🎾🏆
- Novak Djokovic beat Daniil Medvedev in the Australian Open final to win a tournament record ninth singles championship and his 18th Grand Slam title.🏆🎾
What Moved The Markets
Dow +0.1% to 31,494. S&P 500 -0.7% to 3,907. Nasdaq -1.6% to 13,874. Russell 2000 -1.1% to 2,264. CBOE Volatility Index +10.4% to 22.05.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.1%. Utilities -2.%. Financials +2.8%. Telecom -0.9%. Healthcare -2.5%. Industrials +0.7%. Information Technology -1.9%. Materials +0.9%. Energy +3.1%. Consumer Discretionary -0.5%.
London +0.5% to 6,624. France +1.2% to 5,774. Germany -0.4% to 13,993. Japan +1.7% to 30,018. China +1.1% to 3,696. Hong Kong +1.6% to 30,645. India -1.3% to 50,890.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.7% to $59.04/bbl. Gold -2.2% to $1,783.4/oz. Natural Gas +5.8% to 3.082. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.8% to 135.49.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.01%. USD/JPY +0.49%. GBP/USD +1.24%. Bitcoin +18.5%. Litecoin +6.5%. Ethereum +10.7%. Ripple -11.3%.
Top Stock Gainers
Breakwave Dry Bulk Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:BDRY) +26%. Transformational Data Sharing Amplify ETF (NYSEARCA:BLOK) +19%. G-X Copper Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:COPX) +15%. Etfmg Travel Tech ETF (NYSEARCA:AWAY) +10%. Northshore Global Uranium Mining ETF (NYSEARCA:URNM) +9%.
Top Stock Losers
SPDR Kensho Clean Power ETF (NYSEARCA:CNRG) -9%. Wilderhill Clean Energy Invesco ETF (NYSEARCA:PBW) -9%. Solar Invesco ETF (NYSEARCA:TAN) -9%. Global Clean Energy Ishares ETF (NASDAQ:ICLN) -8%. Global X Cleantech ETF (NASDAQ:CTEC) -8%.
Earnings This Week
Discovery Communications (NASDAQ:DISCA), Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) and Palo Alto Networks (NYSE:PANW) on February 22; Home Depot, Macy’s (NYSE:M), Square (NYSE:SQ), Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL), MercadoLibre (NASDAQ:MELI) and McAfee (NASDAQ:MCFE); Lowe’s , Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE:RY), TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), Tenneco (NYSE:TEN), (VIAC), L Brands (NYSE:LB) and Nvidia (NVDA) on February 24; Vipshop Holdings (NYSE:VIPS), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), Wayfair and Keurig Dr Pepper (NASDAQ:KDP) on February 25 and Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ), Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), Rocket Companies (NYSE:RKT) and VMware (NYSE:VMW) on February 26.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) 📈 (trading at $37.50, up from $9 since our mention a few weeks ago)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 (trading at $1.00, up from $0.02 our first and only mention 1 year ago)
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
‘I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.’
📖 Word Of The Week:
Boorish adj. Resembling or characteristic of a boor; rude and clumsy in behavior. “His boorish behavior was unacceptable to the directors.”
❔ Did You Know:
Wood-eating cockroach couples take turns eating each other’s wings after mating.
📚 Books We Are Reading
‘Catchlight‘ by Brooke Adams Law
‘Leave the World Behind‘ by Rumaan Alam
‘Digital Goddess: The Unfiltered Lessons of a Female Entrepreneur‘ by Victoria Montgomery Brown
‘Cary Grant: A Brilliant Disguise‘ by Scott Eyman
This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog–we laughed a lot.
👀👂 Must Watch or Listen
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.