Welcome to the 92nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Fake news articles and social media posts will haunt this election. ?
- Country on the Brink: A search for the source of Italy’s malaise.
- Bernie Sanders wins in Nevada but where does that leave his rivals?
- The European Commission has kicked off a rather heady conversation about the impact of artificial intelligence.
- The cancellation of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona due to risks related to the coronavirus comes with a cost: an estimated half a billion euros in revenue for the city.
- Coronavirus: China puts a brave face on economic impact as Xi Jinping still vows to deliver promised goals. (We call BS on this) ?
- Coronavirus: Asian airlines set to lose US$27.8b as demand for flights shrivels amid outbreak. ✈?
- Lorraine George-Harik, expected to work as a linguist. Instead, she co-founded Cerity Partners.
- Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy.
- I stumbled across a huge Airbnb scam that’s taking over London.
- The Passion Economy: A conversation with Adam Davidson.
- The great Buenos Aires bank heist.
- Garbage Language: Why do corporations speak the way they do? ?
- Burger King showed one of their burgers decomposing in a 45-second time-lapsed ad meant to prove a point. ?
- A new survey from the University of Chicago says 8 million Americans have started a medical crowdfunding campaign to pay medical bills.
- In the early days of Facebook, Zuck kept his plans for world domination in handwritten journals. He destroyed them. But a few revealing pages survived.
- Fail productively… how to turn yourself into a super-learner.
- Tracy Walder hunted terrorists for the CIA, even as foreign operatives called her Malibu Barbie. Now she teaches history at Hockaday, and that’s just fine with her.
- Jeff Bezos commits $10 billion to fight climate change.
- Steve Cohen pulled down at least $1.3 Billion in 2019. ?
- How Japan and Singapore are reinventing old age. ?
- Lessons from Tesla’s approach to innovation.
- The Forbes Fintech 50: The most innovative fintech companies In 2020.
- No one can explain why planes stay in the air. ?
- As electric car sales soar, the industry faces a cobalt crisis. ?
- The juicy, painstaking quest to make tomatoes taste less awful. ?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Gene therapy tackles tau tangles in mouse models of dementia. ?
- Researchers find western-style diet can impair brain function. After a week on a high fat, high added sugar diet, volunteers scored worse on memory tests. ? (The scientific study is here)
- My journey through Tijuana for the best surgery $2000 can buy.
- From video games to bots that bleed, the future of doctor training looks wild.
- Powerful antibiotics discovered using AI.
- This startup is mining the botanical world for hidden ‘supernutrients’.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Is coffee just a familiar vehicle for cannabis consumption or is there something more to it? ☕
- Johns Hopkins will test Epidiolex to see if it can help with opioid withdrawal. (Scientific abstract here)
- Cannabinoids and Inflammation: What does the current research say?
- Therapists are fighting for psilocybin mushroom legalization in Canada.
- Hamlin wins dramatic Daytona 500, Newman crash overshadows finish. ?
- Roger Federer out of French Open after arthroscopic knee surgery. ?
- Fast-and-loose culture of e-sports is upending once staid world of chess. ♟
- Tyson Fury licks blood off Deontay Wilder’s neck en route to stoppage victory. ?
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies. Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place. ?
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Virgin Galactic’s (SPCE) surging stock price is outpacing Tesla (we have a few very happy subscribers that traded in and out this week) ?
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is buying E-Trade (NASDAQ: ETFC) for $13 billion.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)?
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)?
Our Three Latest Posts:
- Two New Megatrend ETFs – Cyber Security ? and Medicinal Cannabis ?
- Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE) – Space Rush
- Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP) Part II – Short Again
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
? Word Of The Week:
- Canard n. A false or unfounded rumor or story. “The tabloid included some of Hollywood’s oldest canards.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know the longest breath held underwater is 24:03 minutes? in 2016, professional freediver Aleix Segura Vendrell broke this world record in a breathtaking attempt. ??
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Amazon Empire: The rise and reign of Jeff Bezos. Watch it here. (Excellent documentary)
- A.I. course targets an important market: bosses. (Very good 23 minute video)
? Books We Are Reading:
Our friend Seth Godin is a marketing genius and brilliant storyteller. His books are all best sellers. These are his must reads:
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
- The Dip: The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit (and when to stick)
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? How to drive your career and create a great future?
- Tribes: We need you to lead us
- Poke the box
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
Sign up and get Seth’s daily message here. Seth’s Words of Wisdom from Today:
When you bought your first smartphone, did you know you would spend more than 1,000 hours a year looking at it?
Months later, can you remember how you spent those hours?
When you upgraded to a new smartphone, so you could spend more hours on it, did you think about how you had spent so much of your ‘free’ time the year before?
If we wasted money the way we waste time, we’d all be bankrupt.
? One Liners:
- Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand.
- War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- If you would like to present your company at the show, send Jeff an email at email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team