Welcome to the 38th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Democrats are calling for Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam to resign.
- The chinese economy explained. ?
- Italy’s economy tipped into recession at the end of last year. ?
- The U.S. economy, well into its 10th year of growth, still has a spring in its step. And it’s all the more visible when set against a tiring global picture.
- Peter Thiel is funding a science publication questioning evolution and climate change. ?
- Tom Justice was once a cyclist chasing Olympic gold. Then he began using his bike to rob banks. ?♂️ (Most interesting)
- Ex-NSA operatives reveal how they helped spy on targets for the Arab monarchy – Dissidents, rival leaders and journalists. ?️♀️
- The world’s largest “virtual battery plant” is now operating in the Arabian desert. ?
- Innovative AI breath analyzer diagnoses diseases “by smell“. ?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Medicine needs a culture change to retain talented physicians. ?⚕️?⚕️
- Small team of Israeli scientists think they might have found the first complete cure for cancer. And the real story. ?
- Meth, Murder, and Pirates: The coder who became a crime boss. Real story.
- Pope Francis landed in Abu Dhabi to begin a historic three-day visit to the Arabian Peninsula.
- Super Bowl 2019 – Average cost per ticket? $4,613 US. (IBR is picking New Orleans to win 27-20) ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Wuhan ($WUHN) announces Dr. Anna Rx™ to launch in 1000+ pharmacies in South Africa Q2-3. ???
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer shares his outlook for the year ahead in the budding cannabis industry.??
- Every time Chinese stocks are this cheap they spend the next year soaring, says AllianzGI boss.
- Facebook knocking it out of the park. ?
- Apple – what to do? ?
- The case for more short selling.
- Pot stocks in Tel Aviv are hot.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
? Word Of The Week:
- Peevish adj. Easily irritated, particularly by unimportant things.
Eg: “He was peevish around smokers.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries. ?
- On this day in history: February 03, 2002 – the New England Patriots shock football fans everywhere by defeating the heavily favored St. Louis Rams, 20-17, to take home their first Super Bowl victory. ??
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Mastermind: Drugs. Empire. Murder. Betrayal.
By Evan Ratliff
The incredible true story of the decade-long quest to bring down Paul Le Roux—the creator of a frighteningly powerful Internet-enabled cartel who merged the ruthlessness of a drug lord with the technological savvy of a Silicon Valley entrepreneur.
Buy this book for yourself or as a gift here.
- From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America
By Howard Schultz
Schultz’s story is a clear reminder that success is not achieved through individual determination alone, but through partnership and community.
Buy this book here.
? Feel Good Sunday:
- Sea otters – watch
? One Liners:
- If we shouldn’t eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge? ???
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. ?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ??
The IBR Team