Welcome to the 90th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Conservatives trying to ditch fake news.
- North Korea confirms Ri Son Gwon as new foreign minister.
- Trump’s data team crushed Democrats in 2016. Can this small startup even the score?
- Trump acquitted by Senate in impeachment trial.
- What Third Point Is Worried About in 2020. The hedge fund firm’s fourth-quarter investor letter details concerns about the market, inflation, and a proposed proxy voting rule.
- China to inject US$174 billion of liquidity into markets amid new coronavirus outbreak.
- Millions of American homeowners see fortunes improving, study finds.
- Shakira’s Super Bowl halftime performance sparks memes and a much-needed history lesson.
- Why men think plant-based meat will turn them into women.
- Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend, dies at 103. RIP
- Humans are hardwired to dismiss facts that don’t fit their worldview.
- Magic moments: the indestructible appeal of easy listening radio.
- Disinformation For Hire: How a new breed of PR firms is selling lies online.
- Alex Rodriguez reveals why Presidente beer hit the spot for his next post-baseball move. 🍺⚾
- The economics of all-you-can-eat buffets.
- How to make decisions that reflect your values.
- Our predictions about the internet are probably wrong. It’s easy to forget how unforeseeable the “unforeseeable” really is.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Most comprehensive analysis of cancer genomes to date.
- Movements of water within the ocean basins has been increasing in speed over the last 20 years, conflicting with prior models of climate change.
- This new sugar substitute is made from food waste.
- Molecular ‘switch’ reverses chronic inflammation and aging.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Pet owners embracing CBD, cannabis remedies to treat their ailing animals.🐶
- Aurora Cannabis CEO Terry Booth to step down as company takes writedowns of up to $1 billion.
- Why Massachusetts
shouldwill legalize magic mushrooms.
- GenCanna Global files for Chapter 11 to implement financial and operational restructuring plans.
- India’s first medical cannabis clinic is finally here.
- Could a little-known cannabinoid upend the natural sleep-aid market?
- Liverpool chairman Tom Werner says he is having to “pinch himself” to believe the standards being set by Jurgen Klopp’s team this season.⚽
- VanVleet scores 29 points as Raptors beat Nets 119-118 for 14th straight win. 🏀
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies.Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place. 💹
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Which new vehicle can take on Tesla?
- The Tesla skeptics who bet against Elon Musk.
- What you need to know about new IBM CEO Arvind Krishna.
- YouTube is a $15 billion-a-year business, Google reveals for the first time.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Three Articles:
- Slack Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:WORK) –SHORT $5 Target.
- Portage (OTC: $PTGEF) advances immuno-oncology company into its second drug candidate.
- Facebook’s Sales Growth Hits a Speed Bump.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Nascent adj. Recently coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential. Not yet fully developed; emerging. “The business remains nascent but very promising.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know Shakespeare invented more than 1,700 words?
Shakespeare wrote some of the most beloved and revered pieces of literature the world has ever known, but in order to craft his plays and poems, he sometimes resorted to making up his own words. In fact, the Bard is said to have come up with more than 1,700 words including moonbeam, laughable, eyeball, bump, puking, champion, bedroom, excitement, and zany.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Peter Attia interviews Ryan Holiday: Stillness, stoicism, and suffering less. (great interview)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
A few of our favorites from 2019:
- Topics of Conversation, by Miranda Popkey
- Boys & Sex, by Peggy Orenstein
- Cleanness, by Garth Greenwell
- Uncanny Valley, by Anna Wiener
- A Long Petal of the Sea, by Isabel Allende
🤣 One Liners:
My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met. – Rodney Dangerfield
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- If you would like to present your company at the show, send Jeff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant week! 💪
The IBR Team