Welcome to the 110th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our American friends a very happy Independence Day Weekend!
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Russian vote that could allow Putin to rule until 2036 was rigged. (Really?)
- Britain offers millions of Hongkongers residency rights and path to citizenship.
- Hong Kong: US passes sanctions as nations condemn new law.
- Mount Rushmore: Trump denounces ‘cancel culture’ at 4 July event.
- Hillary Clinton says she would beat Trump if she were on 2020 ballot.
- Facing a broken mental health system, many U.S. teens fall off a dangerous ‘cliff’ in their care.
- Sean Murphy was an epic weed smoker, a devoted Tom Brady fan, and the best cat burglar that Lynn, Mass., had ever seen.
- Is farmed salmon really salmon? ?
- Why India is boycotting Chinese apps and technology.
- New breakthrough in ‘spintronics’ could boost high speed data technology.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The power of crossed brain wires synesthesia makes ordinary life marvelous.
- Palm oil is an environmental scourge. Plant biology has a solution. ?
- The extreme Arctic heat wave is the latest part of a disturbing pattern.
- A highway to smell: How scientists used light to incept smell in mice. ? (Fascinating read)
- Lifestyle intervention in prediabetes not just about weight loss.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- From hippies to modern psychotherapy, a psychedelics handbook for the willful skeptics.
- UNM Study: Cannabis is effective in treating depression, improving mental health. ?
- Global investors Dr. Greg Bailey and Jim Mellon back psychedelic medicine start-up with $3.8m Series A Round. ??
- World #1 Novak Djokovic tests positive for the coronavirus. ?
- Joey Chestnut sets world record downing 75 hot dogs in Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. ?
- Freddie Freeman among four Braves players to test positive for coronavirus ⚾
- Lionel Messi joins Cristiano Ronaldo and legends including Pele, Puskas, Romario in 700-goal club. Watch it here. (Never ceases to amaze me) ⚽
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Gold on track for its best quarter since 2016, flirting with key US$1,800 an ounce level.
- Chinese coffee company Luckin will be delisted after defrauding investors. (see our call here 5 months ago)
- Chesapeake files for bankruptcy, wiping out $7 Billion in debt and any existing equity value.
- Lemonade logs best U.S. IPO debut of 2020 with more than 140% gain.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) soared to $1,200/share to trade at a higher market cap than Japan’s Toyota (NYSE:TM). That makes the company the most valuable automaker in the world. Tesla stock is up more than 4000% since its debut 10 years ago. (shorts are getting killed)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +3.2% to 25,827. S&P 500 +4% to 3,130. Nasdaq +4.6% to 10,208. Russell 2000 +3.4% to 1,433. CBOE Volatility Index -20.3% to 27.68.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.6%. Utilities +1.2%. Financials -1.9%. Telecom -1.2%. Healthcare +1.4%. Industrials +2%. Information Technology +1%. Materials +1.9%. Energy flat. Consumer Discretionary +0.7%.
London +1.2% to 6,240. France +2.8% to 5,049. Germany +4.3% to 12,608. Japan -1.6% to 22,146. China +3.7% to 3,091. Hong Kong +2.3% to 25,124. India +1.9% to 35,844.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +5.4% to $40.27/bbl. Gold +0.2% to $1,787.1/oz. Natural Gas +11.5% to 1.726. Ten-Year Treasury Yield flat at 139.16.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.15%. USD/JPY +0.31%. GBP/USD +1.1%. Bitcoin -1.2%. Litecoin -5.3%. Ethereum -1.9%. Ripple -4.6%.
? Our Latest IBR Articles:
- Luckin Coffee: Lawsuits Galore Yet Stock is Still Rallying
- A Deeper Dive into Beyond Meat: Disrupting the $1 Trillion Meat Industry
- Amazon’s Hand in the Expanding Online Grocery Delivery Market
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) – press release July 01
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.” ― Les Brown
? Word Of The Week:
Antithesis n.pl. 1. Direct contrast; opposition. 2. The direct or exact opposite. “Hope is the antithesis of despair.
❔ Did You Know:
The date on bottles of water is basically the expiry of the bottle itself and not the water. Past the date, the bottle starts to leach chemicals into the water making it unfit for drinking. Another reason why bottles have an expiry date is that water is considered a consumable product; just like juice or bread.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Optimize Your Brain: The Science of Smarter Eating | Dr. Drew Ramsey (brilliant 7 minute video) ? Simple common sense.
- Replacing human financial advisors with AI. Listen here.
? Books We Are Reading:
Our 7 favorite health and fitness books of 2020 – Dr. Anna approved. ✅
- Best Overall: Brian Keane’s The Fitness Mindset. “Helps readers change the way they think about food, exercise, stress, and themselves.”
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: Complete Food & Nutrition Guide. “This reference book is a helpful and nuanced look at how to eat more nutritiously.”
- Best Budget: Bigger Leaner Stronger. “Geared toward the unique physiologies of each gender and deliver a holistic routine.”
- Best Motivational: No Sweat. “Takes readers through a tour of the most important scientific studies about motivational psychology.”
- Best Nutrition: Fitness Nutrition: The Ultimate Fitness Guide. “Covers how our bodies process food, which foods can help people achieve certain goals, recipes for muscle growth.”
- Best for Women: Roar, How to Match Your Food and Fitness to Your Unique Female Physiology. “Has the express goal of teaching women how to exercise and eat in a way specifically tailored to female physiology.”
- Best for Men: The Men’s Fitness Exercise Bible. “Gives many men the information and advice necessary to keep up to date with the newest trends in fitness.”
- Best Cookbook: Run Fast, Eat Slow. “Has more than 100 recipes that are made of whole foods and taste great.”
? One Liners:
A blonde drops off her dress to the dry cleaners.
The lady says, “Come Again!”
The blonde says, “No, it’s toothpaste this time.”
? Upcoming Events:
Jul 7, 2020 04:00 PM London Time
Ask Evil: Live Q&A webinar with Simon Cawkwell aka Evil Knievil
In an exclusive and interactive webinar, Master Investor brings you Simon Cawkwell, aka Evil Knievil.
The man the Daily Mail dubbed “The King of the Short Sellers”, Evil Knievil (aka Simon Cawkwell) is Britain’s most feared bear-raider. A big man with a bigger reputation, Evil Knievil famously made £1 million by short selling shares in Northern Rock during its collapse. Evil now writes exclusively for Master Investor.
Don’t miss this chance to quiz the man himself on all things investing.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team