Welcome to the 184th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Top Iranian General: Revenge for Soleimani death to happen ‘Within’ U.S., no one will forget what we do. 🇮🇷
- Maps and charts to understand Kazakhstan’s protests, which began over fuel prices rage and have since escalated. 🧨
- Manchin on Biden’s spending bill: ‘No negotiation going on’. 🙅♂️
- At least 200 dead in bandit attacks in northwest Nigeria following military air raids on their hideouts last week. 🇳🇬
- America’s new moonshot: Getting Europe to sign up to its space rules. 🚀
- Iran ‘likely’ smuggling weapons to Yemen: UN found thousands of weapons recently seized in Arabian Sea. ⚔️
- Goodbye, Goldman Sachs. Getting a job there was a dream. The pandemic changed my perspective. 👋
- New vehicle sales in 2021 at 1978 level: 25 years of stagnation interrupted by plunges. 🚗
- OPEC+ agrees on oil output hike by 400,000 barrels per day from February as Omicron cases soar. 🛢
- Argentina raises interest rate to 40% and looks to redesign its monetary policy to ensure macroeconomic stability. Inflation hovers at around 50%. 💹
- The Federal Reserve is scaring markets with the triple threat of policy tightening – raise rates, taper asset purchases, and balance sheet reduction. ⚠️
- Brazilian savings accounts suffered their biggest outflow in five years amid rising inflation that in mid-December stood at 10.42%. 📉
- Hollywood legend Sidney Poitier dies at 94. 🙏
- Ninety-Nine fascinating finds were revealed in 2021. 🔍
- This man was the only eyewitness to deaths of both Lincoln and Garfield. 👀
- Construction in Rome reveals well-preserved, 2,000-year-old dog statue. 🐶
- Coca has long history of use in Peru: For sacred ritual, economic productivity, courtship, and celebration of life events. 🌹
- This World War II bomber took more enemy fire than most others and always came home. 🛩
- Jury finds Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes guilty of fraud. 👩⚖️
- Mediterranean Diet again named best overall. 🏆
- Have you fallen for the myth of ‘I can’t draw’? Do it anyway – and reap the rewards. ✍️
- School uniforms don’t improve child behavior, study finds. 📋
- Why teapots always drip – scientists finally explain the “Teapot Effect”. 🫖
- Turkmenistan plans to close ‘Gateway to Hell’ – a giant burning gas pit. 🔥
- Why people deceive themselves. 🤔
- BlackBerry OS devices are pretty much dead after January 4th. 📴
- Leveraging space to advance stem cell science and medicine. 👩🚀
- Fleet Space has developed fully 3D Printed satellites. 🛰
- Century-old assumption regarding neurons and brain activity disproven. 🧠
- Determining when a material becomes ‘glassy’. 🪟
- MIT and Yale University researchers exploring growth within confined space. 🪴
- Experimental quantum teleportation of propagating microwaves. 🔉
- Remarkable connection discovered between Supernovae and Life on Earth. 🌏
- Breakthrough puts all-solid-state batteries one step closer to becoming next-generation powerhouse. 🔋
- Using Artificial Intelligence to see the plasma edge of fusion experiments in new ways. ⚛️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Exercise ‘Sweet Spot’ reverses cognitive decline in aging mice. 🐭
- HIV patients ‘cured’ by their own unique biology may harbor secrets to end the global scourge. 🧬
- Older adults with an academic background showed lower increases of signs of brain degeneration than those who were less educated. 🧠
- Excessive sugar intake during puberty could be an environmental risk factor for the development of psychiatric disorders in those with genetic predispositions. 🍭
- With a ‘biological computer,’ scientists look to target cancer while sparing healthy cells. 🖥
- Researchers identify biomarker for depression and antidepressant response. 📍
- Cold showers are said to be good for you – Here’s what the evidence shows. 🧊
- Depression in children is linked to low levels of vitamins B12 and D. ☀️
- Provocative new findings suggest a surprising cause of Down syndrome: Cells linked to aging. 🔬
- How can we shift from a state of inattentiveness to one of highest attention? 🔀
- When elderly people stay active, their brains have more of a class of proteins that enhance the connections between neurons to maintain healthy cognition. 🧠
- Human anatomy surprise: New muscle layer discovered in the jaw. 👩⚕️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Lamborghini races into cannabis game with CBD-infused coffee. 🏁
- Magic mushrooms safe to use for treating mental health conditions, study finds. ✅
- Psychedelic magic mushroom component could help with PTSD and depression, study finds. 🍄
- One doctor’s psychedelic journey faces his cancer. 🧑⚕️
- ANANDA Scientific announces FDA approval of the IND for the Clinical Trial on the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). 💊
- Analysts cut hundreds of millions from Tilray, Canopy, Aurora marijuana sales forecasts. 📉
- Cannabis firm CannTrust, short on cash, warns of potential ‘orderly wind-down. 👎
- Ukraine’s Parliament may legalize medical cannabis this year. 🌿
- New findings reveal exercise increases levels of endocannabinoids in the body. 🏃♀️
- High returns put fun in fungi. 💸
- Trans man beats trans woman at Ivy League women’s swim meet.🏊♂️🏊♀️
- Rafael Nadal warms up for Australian Open challenge with victory in Melbourne. 🎾
- Josh Warrington to face Kiko Martinez in IBF World Title fight March 26. 🥊
- Shaquille O’Neal donated 1,000 consoles to underprivileged children for Christmas. 🎁
- Mikaela Shiffrin keeps overall World Cup lead despite first ‘Did-Not-Fisnish’ in four years. ⛷
- Teenager makes Australian baseball history as first female pitcher to play for professional team. ⚾️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Another banner year for Bill Ackman. 💰
- Life Biosciences completes $82 million financing round. 💸
- The first trading day of 2022 resulted in a historic day for the U.S. stock market as Apple (AAPL) became the first company in history to reach a valuation of $3T. The tech giant crossed the market cap milestone in afternoon trading, with shares climbing nearly 3% to $182.88 apiece. Lifting investor confidence was the belief that Apple will keep launching best-selling products as it explores new markets like self-driving electric cars, augmented-reality glasses and possibly the Metaverse.
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Nonagen Therapeutics Corporation 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
First Longevity is fundraising for a Delaware registered biopharma: Nonagen Therapeutics Corporation.
Nonagen has developed a new humanized neutralizing monoclonal antibody, NTC-001, targeting CXCL1-expressing tumors with blockbuster potential within a large addressable market for the first 3 target indications. 🧪
The company plans to enter a Phase 1a/b clinical trial in Q3 2022 and then partner with a large pharmaceutical for Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials in Q1 2025. 👩🔬
Nonagen has a team of experienced oncology and medical research scientists, along with a strong patent portfolio. 🔬
They are looking for $7.5M in seed funding to complete all IND activities.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, January 10: Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY)
Tuesday, January 11: Albertsons Companies (ACI).
Wednesday, January 12: Jefferies (NYSE:JEF), KB Home (NYSE:KBH).
Thursday, January 13: Delta Air Lines (DAL).
Friday, January 14: JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK) and Citigroup (NYSE:C).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Quiet periods are due to expire on January 10 Bionomics Limited (NASDAQ:BNOX), Genenta Science S.p.A. (NASDAQ:GNTA), Immix Biopharma (NASDAQ:IMMX), Samsara (NYSE:IOT), Sidus Space (NASDAQ:SIDU) and Fresh Vine Wine (NYSE:VINE). Watch F45 Training Holdings (NYSE:FXLV) and Phillips Edison & Company (NASDAQ:PECO) on January 11 with the IPO lockup period expiring. JWG and TPG (TPG) are expected to start trading on January 13.
What Moved The Markets
Dow -0.3% to 36,232. S&P 500 -1.9% to 4,677. Nasdaq -4.5% to 14,936. Russell 2000 -2.8% to 2,182. CBOE Volatility Index +8.9% to 18.76.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.2%. Utilities -2.4%. Financials +4.2%. Telecom -2.4%. Healthcare -4.2%. Industrials +0.7%. Information Technology -3.7%. Materials -1.4%. Energy +9.%. Consumer Discretionary -1.%.
London +1.4% to 7,485. France +0.9% to 7,219. Germany +0.4% to 15,948. Japan -1.1% to 28,479. China -1.7% to 3,580. Hong Kong +0.4% to 23,493. India +2.6% to 59,745.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.9% to $78.89/bbl. Gold -1.8% to $1,796.3/oz. Natural Gas +5.5% to 3.936. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.6% to 128.38.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.06%. USD/JPY +0.4%. GBP/USD +0.4%. Bitcoin -9.6%. Litecoin -10.%. Ethereum -13.%. Ripple -8.%.
Top Stock Gainers
Ata Creativity Global ADR (NASDAQ:AACG) +147%. Lixte Biotech Hlds (NASDAQ:LIXT) +80%. China Hgs Real Est (NASDAQ:HGSH) +76%. Genprex Inc (NASDAQ:GNPX) +69%. Merchants Bancorp (NASDAQ:MBIN) +56%.
Top Stock Losers
Jowell Global Ltd (NASDAQ:JWEL) -77%. Aligos Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ALGS) -67%. Ucloudlink Group Inc ADR (NASDAQ:UCL) -66%. Dogness Corp Cl A (NASDAQ:DOGZ) -59%. Applied Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:APLT) -53%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $40 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
– Thomas A. Edison
📖 Word Of The Week:
altruistic [aal·troo·i·stik], adjective – showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish: “It was an entirely altruistic act.” | “I question how altruistic his motives were.”
❔ Did You Know:
3 things you didn’t know about Kazakhstan 🇰🇿
It borders five countries – Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.
Kazakhstan’s national drink is fermented horse milk. Mmm.
Kazakhstan is one of the most populous countries in the world in terms of ethnicities, with 131 represented, from Kazakhs to Russians, Germans, Tatars, and Uyghurs.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Crisis – Jared Diamond
- Nine Pints: A Journey Through the Money, Medicine, and Mysteries of Blood – Rosse George
- The Future of Capitalism: Facing the New Anxieties – Paul Collier
- Outliers: The Story of Success – Malcolm Gladwell
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World – Cal Newport
“Art is like a fart – if you force it, it’s probably crap.” 🖼 💩
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The best 3D printing videos from 2021.
- Barry Ritholtz speaks with: Ray Dalio, who is founder, co-chair, and co-chief investment officer of the world’s largest hedge fund, Bridgewater Associates. His most recent book is “Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed and Fail.” Listen here.
📆 Upcoming Events:
The UK’s largest event for private investors, 19 March 2022.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.