Welcome to the 135th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Chaos in Washington to say the least. Let’s hope cooler heads prevail this upcoming week.
Social media will unravel big time in 2021. Our theme for being short Twitter, Facebook, and Google will be front and center.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Congressman-elect Luke Letlow dies after battling Covid-19. (RIP) ?
- Nancy Pelosi: How she rose to the top – and stayed there.
- Iran tells U.N. Agency it will enrich uranium back to the pre-nuclear deal level of 20%.
- Mexico president slams social media ‘censorship’.
- Carl Icahn warns that the market rally could end in a painful correction. (we agree)
- Oil breaks above $50 for the first time since February as Saudi Arabia announces voluntary cuts.?
- The unusual ambitions of billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya.
- Bill Ackman’s Billion-Dollar year.?
- In a tough year for short-sellers, Muddy Waters pulls off big gains.?
- For four decades, Ed Hyman has been unrivaled among Wall Street economists.
- First the Cyberattack hits.Then the insider trading.
- Neil Young sells 50% of publishing rights to his entire song catalog to UK investment fund.?
- Interior design trends to know in 2021—And what’s on its way out.
- Can ‘Diet’ make you fat? The truth about artificial sweeteners.
- Elon Musk is now the richest person in the world, passing Jeff Bezos.??
- Chinese billionaire Jack Ma suspected missing.?
- New scholarship points to a paradox of historic scope: Our writing system was devised by people who couldn’t read.
- Today’s information age is only possible thanks to the groundbreaking work of a lone genius.
- Using Artificial Intelligence to find new uses for existing medications. (very important)
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- DNA testing company 23andMe raised $82.5 million in funding to close the year.
- As COVID numbers rise, so does ‘Psychic Numbing’.
- A year in Longevity: founders’ perspectives.
- Over half of Chinese adults overweight, study finds. (this is a massive problem globally)
- Ultra-processed food again linked to increased CVD, death. (this too is a massive problem globally)
- Should we still be worried about MSG?
- Italian study suggests espresso can help fend off death.
- New research finds ginger counters certain autoimmune diseases in mice.?
- Haven, an ambitious health venture backed by Amazon, to shut down.
- Routine eye exams could help identify changes associated with cognitive decline in patients with type 1 diabetes.?
- A faster route to treat depression.
- The first pig-to-human organ transplants could happen this year.?❤
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- New antidepressants can lift depression and suicidal thoughts fast, but don’t expect magic cures.
- The first commercial medical cannabis export from Israel lands in Germany.
- Horizons files Preliminary Long Form Prospectus for First Psychedelic ETF.
- 2020 was the Year of the Magic Mushroom.
- Big pharma is about to tune in to the potential of psychedelics.
- It took a pandemic to see the distorted state of college sports.
- Hall of Fame Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda dies at 93.⚾ RIP
- What makes LeBron James the GOAT.?
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. ?
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla closes the day at $880 and the fifth most valuable U.S. company, passing Facebook. (what an incredible run, shorts continue to get killed)
- Stifel: Comparing US Cannabis To Traditional CPG Suggests ~20x Upside.
- Here are the big winners from Opendoor’s IPO.
- Bitcoin soars to $40,000, doubling in less than a month. (more here)??=?
- Elon Musk told his followers to ‘use Signal,’ leading to a 1,100% surge in unrelated stock with a similar name. (will go right back to 0.75 from $7.00)?
Voxx International (NASDAQ:VOXX) on January 11; Albertsons (NYSE:ACI) and KB Home (NYSE:KBH) on January 12; IHS Markit (NYSE:INFO) on January 13; Aphria (NASDAQ:OTC:APHA), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW), Delta Air Line (DAL) and Taiwan Semi (NYSE:TSM) on January 14; Citigroup (NYSE:C), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), PNC (NYSE:PNC) and Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) on January 15.
IPOs slated to price this coming week include Affirm Holdings (AFRM), Driven Brands (DRVN), Kuke Music Holding (KUKE), Motorsport Games (MSGM), Petco Health and Wellness (WOOF), Playtika Holding (NYSE:PLT), Poshmark (POSH) and Qilian International Holding (QLI).
What moved in the markets last week:
Dow +1.6% to 31,098. S&P 500 +1.8% to 3,825. Nasdaq +2.4% to 13,202. Russell 2000 +5.8% to 2,088. CBOE Volatility Index -5.2% to 21.56.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.0%. Utilities -0.7%. Financials +4.7%. Telecom -0.3%. Healthcare +3.4%. Industrials +1.1%. Information Technology +0.4%. Materials +5.7%. Energy +9.3%. Consumer Discretionary +3.8%.
London +6.4% to 6,873. France +2.8% to 5,707. Germany +2.4% to 14,050. Japan +2.5% to 28,139. China +2.8% to 3,570. Hong Kong +2.4% to 27,878. India +1.9% to 48,783.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +8.7% to $52.72/bbl. Gold -2.7% to $1,849.9/oz. Natural Gas +6.2% to 2.697. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.% to 136.59.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.07%. USD/JPY +0.75%. GBP/USD -0.78%. Bitcoin +24.1%. Litecoin +21.9%. Ethereum +55.2%. Ripple +40.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Jaguar Health (NASDAQ:JAGX) +391%. Future Fintech Group (NASDAQ:FTFT) +305%. The9 Limited (NASDAQ:NCTY) +264%. LM Funding America (NASDAQ:LMFA) +218%. Marathon Patent Group (NASDAQ:MARA) +153%.
Top Stock Losers
Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) -52%. Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA) -44%. Sanara Medtech (OTC:SMTI) -40%. Imara (NASDAQ:IMRA) -39%. Lumos Pharma (NASDAQ:LUMO) -38%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) ($200 on a takeout possible)?
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) ?
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) ? ($17.75, continues to move up – lots more room)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (news here and here)?
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) ? (up 300% since our mention in August)
Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) (moving up)?
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
? Word Of The Week:
Compendium n. A collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject. A collection of things, esp. one systematically gathered. “Compendium of old stories gathered by topic.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Danish and Chinese tongues taste broccoli and chocolate differently.?
- How many calories do you burn walking 10,000 steps??♀️
? Books We Are Reading
5 great books on nutrition – Start your 2021 on the right track.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma; A Natural History of Four Meals – Michael Pollan
- How Not to Die – Michael Greger
- Finally Full, Finally Slim – Dr Lisa Young, MD
- Read It Before You Eat It: How to Decode Food Labels and Make the Healthiest Choice Every Time – Bonnie Taub-Dix
- What to Feed Your Baby and Toddler – Nicole M. Avena, PhD
What’s the difference between baseball and politics? In baseball, you’re out if you’re caught stealing.
?? Must Watch or Listen
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews Robert Abbott: The Bobby Knight story—a cautionary tale of unchecked anger, ego, and winning at all costs.
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews John Ioannidis, M.D., D.Sc.: Why most biomedical research is flawed, and how to improve it.
2 incredibly interesting interviews ⬆⬆
? Upcoming Events:
Have an interesting upcoming event you would like to share?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team