Welcome to the 229th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Disappointment over ANC members snubbing ‘Die Stem’ part of the national anthem 📢
- London to host international meeting on alleged war crimes in Ukraine.
- Twitter to ease political ads ban under Musk. 📱
- As of January 1st, the Canadian government has enacted a two-year ban on foreign nationals purchasing residential properties in an effort to stem rising housing costs.🏡
- The Swiss National Bank (SNB) has posted an annual loss of CHF132 billion ($143 billion) for 2022, the biggest in its 115-year history.
- Japan’s Bubble-Burst: The party that wasn’t supposed to end.🎉
- Archaeology and genetics can’t yet agree on when humans first arrived in the Americas.🧾
- Archaeologists find stone tools, carbon dating at ‘America’s Stonehenge’ from 1,000-4,000 B.C.
- Physician convicted in Spain for euthanasia retells his story as a play.👮♂️
- The truffle industry is a big scam. Not just truffle oil, everything.
- Visualizing 25 years of lithium production, by country.
- California medical school apologizes for unethical prisoner experiments.💉
- People who engage in random acts of kindness may not fully recognize the impact of their behavior on others.
- Anita Pointer of the Pointer Sisters dead at 74. (RIP)🎶
- Barbara Walters, trailblazing TV icon, dies at 93.
- The promised land of 3D printing.
- Could the UAE’s ghaf tree be part of the solution to climate change?
- Decoding the magic of Generative AI and how it works.🤖
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Dubious Diagnosis: Is there a better way to define ‘Prediabetes’?🩺
- AI vs other interventions for colonoscopy: How do they compare?
- Can a common artificial sweetener fuel anxiety?😰
- A new test detects 14 cancer types at stage I, when most are curable.
- Florida Supreme Court to convene Grand Jury to investigate COVID-19 vaccines.💉
- Two tablespoons of honey a day could keep the doctor away. (Buy our super-premium Liviana CBD infused honey here. We ship to the US, Canada, and Europe)🍯
- The healing power of music and performing arts.🎶(M2Bio Sciences $MRES has a division (M2Sentient) dedicated to healing mental health issues through the arts)
- In the battle against cancer, gene editing could be a revolution.✂️
- Olive oil may help you live longer, and lower the risks of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- New biomarker test can detect Alzheimer’s neurodegeneration in blood.🩸
- Olive oil consumption confers protective effects on maternal-fetal outcomes: a systematic review of the evidence.
- Study finds a link between poor hydration in adults and an increased risk of chronic health conditions and advanced biological aging.👴
- Heart benefits begin at well under 10,000 daily steps.🐾 (as an FYI, Jeff keeps his step count at between 15-20k per day)
- Science reveals link between gut health and exercise motivation.
- Deep learning technology can accurately reflect a person’s risk of cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease based on brain age.
- Timeline: The most important science headlines of 2022.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- “The Magic of Psychedelics”: Easing the trauma of terminal illness. (expect news out of M2Bio Sciences ($MRES) on this)
- Cancer patients struggle to access psilocybin before they die.💊
- Record number of scientific papers published about cannabis in 2022.
- What happens if you take a ‘Heroic’ dose of psychedelics?
- Microdosing may be on the rise, but what are the ethical and illegal dilemmas of doing it for work?🔬
- Research into psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin as treatments for substance use disorder, depression, anxiety, and PTSD is incredibly promising.
- Is marijuana safe during pregnancy?
- Pharma company behind FDA-approved CBD drug sues a dozen competitors over alleged patent infringement.
- Scientists explore using psychedelics to treat alcohol, drug disorders.🍻
- ‘Melding with the MRI machine’: The volunteers taking psychedelic drugs for science.
- Intensity of psychedelic experiences after taking psilocybin does not depend on body mass index.
- Soccer icon Pelé dead at 82 after health battles. ⚽
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes big-money move to Saudi Arabian club.⚽💰
- The best players Cristiano Ronaldo will face in the Saudi Pro League.
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Eleven months after going public via SPAC and reaching a $4.5 Billion market cap, Texas-based Bitcoin miner Core Scientific files for bankruptcy.
- SpaceX raising $750 million at a $137 billion valuation.
Monday, January 9 – Jefferies (NYSE:JEF), PriceSmart (PSMT), and Tilray (TLRY).
Tuesday, January 10 – Albertsons Companies (NYSE:ACI) and Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY).
Wednesday, January 11 – KB Home (NYSE:KBH).
Friday, January 13 – UnitedHealth Group (UNH), JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Bank of America (BAC), Wells Fargo (WFC), BlackRock (BLK), Citigroup (C), Bank of New York (BK), and Delta Air Lines (DAL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Rhodium Enterprises (RHDM) and Skyward Specialty Insurance Group (SKWD) could price their IPOs and start trading this week. IPO lockup periods expire for blocks of shares of Nano Labs (NA), ILAG (NASDAQ:ILAG), and Netcapital (NCPL). All three stocks trade below their IPO pricing levels.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +1.5% to 33,631. S&P 500 +1.5% to 3,895. Nasdaq +1.% to 10,569. Russell 2000 +1.7% to 1,792. CBOE Volatility Index -2.5% to 21.13.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.8%. Utilities +0.7%. Financials +3.3%. Telecom +3.7%. Healthcare -0.2%. Industrials +2.7%. Information Technology +0.2%. Materials +3.5%. Energy flat. Consumer Discretionary +2.3%.
London +3.3% to 7,699. France +6.% to 6,861. Germany +4.9% to 14,610. Japan -0.5% to 25,974. China +2.2% to 3,158. Hong Kong +6.1% to 20,992. India -1.6% to 59,900.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -8.4% to $73.73/bbl. Gold +2.4% to $1,870.5/oz. Natural Gas -16.% to 3.761. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.56.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.54%. USD/JPY +0.76%. GBP/USD -0.02%. Bitcoin +2.4%. Litecoin +8.3%. Ethereum +5.9%. XRP +1.3%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) +20%. Western Digital (WDC) +18%. Wynn Resorts (WYNN) +15%. Carnival Corporation & plc (CCL) +14%. Paramount Global (PARA) +13%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Enphase Energy (ENPH) -12%. Molina Healthcare (MOH) -9%. Constellation Brands (STZ) -9%. Cigna (CI) -8%. The AES (AES) -8%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
New list is to be published on January 22nd
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” – THEODORE ROOSEVELT
📖 Word Of The Week:
Intelligible | adjective – able to be understood; “Comprehensible: use vocabulary that is intelligible to your audience” | “A barely intelligible reply”.
❔ Did You Know:
Crows are excellent at recognizing people’s faces and are able to remember people for a long time! This can be either a negative or positive fact, depending on how nice you are to them. While crows can tell us apart, we would find it difficult to distinguish one crow from another.🐦
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Alexander Hamilton (Great Lives) by
- Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream by
- The Great Contraction, 1929-1933 by
- Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman
- A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960 by
I asked the IT guy, “How do you make a Motherboard?” He said, “I tell her about my job.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Jeff giving his final IBR interview for 2022. Watch it here.
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews Layne Norton, Ph.D.
Training principles for mass and strength, changing views on nutrition, creatine supplementation, and more.
📆 Upcoming Events:
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.