Welcome to the 86th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Austria’s Kurz to return as world’s youngest chancellor.
- Spain faces uncertain future as a historic coalition is set to take power.
- How will Canada respond to Iran.
- Taiwan election: Tsai Ing-wen wins second presidential term.
- The power of social media in predicting stock returns.
- SoftBank has walked away from investing in several startups, months after submitting term sheets worth hundreds of millions.
- Another one of America’s oldest and largest milk producers files for bankruptcy.🥛
- Cash is gradually dying out. Will we ever have a digital alternative that offers the same mix of convenience and freedom?
- Americans spend billions of dollars on gift cards. But what happens to the money when the cards aren’t redeemed?
- Byron Wien and Joe Zidle of Blackstone announce ten surprises for 2020.
- In disappointing year, Bridgewater’s Flagship Fund returns 0.5%.
- As a teenager, he went to prison for selling ecstasy, but now his MDMA research is debunking the bad science that got him there. (a must read)
- The art of conversation has been lost. Find out how to master it.
- The Oscars are once again going to go without a host.
- Neil Peart, Rush drummer, dies at 67. 🥁
- Judgement day for $100M biotech insider trading scheme looms as son of former Ariad director stands trial.
- Carlos Ghosn is now free to speak out. Japan’s reputation could suffer.
- These horrifying pictures show the deadly bushfires in Australia. 🔥
- Prince Harry and Meghan to step back from royal family. 👑 (Feel bad for the Queen, here is the official Royal website, very cool)
- The 3 biggest design trends at CES 2020.
- The technology of the future paints a very lonely picture for all of us.
- Revolutionary ‘Robotic Blacksmithing’ technology could revive US manufacturing.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Addictive behavior control circuit discovered in rat brains. 🧠
- The advances that will shape life sciences in the 2020s.
- Sleeping brain waves draw a healthy bath for neurons. 🛌
- New Chinese Alzheimer’s drug Oligomnnate goes on sale to patients, despite concerns from some medical professionals. (Would the FDA clear this drug?)
- With the opioid crisis, the quest to understand the biology of pain and explore new ways to treat it has taken on fresh urgency.
- The evolutionary history of humans explains why physical activity is important for brain health.
- Nutritional psychiatry: Towards improving mental health by what you eat.
- Lessons for a young scientist. A masterclass on what science needs now.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- South Africa’s black farmers fight to enter marijuana market.
- FSD Pharma to commence trading on Nasdaq Capital Market under symbol ‘HUGE’.
- Scientists discover two new cannabinoids. (Study is here)
- Toronto Wolfpack to advertise CBD cream on 2020 Super League jersey.
- The flexible Ravens have created a new model for NFL coaches. 🏈
- Rinne latest NHL goalie with a goal.🏒
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies. Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place.
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here. 💹
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Superdry (LSE: SDRY) warns profits could be wiped out as Christmas sales slide. More here. (one of Jeff’s favorite brands – short and look for bankruptcy in late 2020 wiping at least 75% from current price of 440 – target 100 by year end)
- Cannabis company death watch: Tilray, Aurora, Canopy and Aphria.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is.” – Albert Camus
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Affinity n. A spontaneous or natural liking or sympathy for someone or something. “He has an affinity for science fiction movies.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Supermarket apples can be a year old. Those fresh apples aren’t all that fresh, per say. They’re usually picked between August and November, covered in wax, hot-air dried, and sent into cold storage. After six to twelve months, they finally land on your grocery store shelves.🍎
- Incredibly cool things you didn’t know about giraffes. 🦒
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Dr. Rick Johnson, M.D.: Fructose—The common link in high blood pressure, insulin resistance, T2D, & obesity? (Fascinating interview)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
A few of Dr. Anna’s favorite reads:
- A Short Guide to a Happy Life – Anna Quindlen
- Bossypants – Tina Fey
- Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values – Fred Kofman
- Now, Discover Your Strengths – Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton
🤣 One Liners:
- ”The problem isn’t that obesity runs in your family. The problem is no one runs in your family.”
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- If you would like to present your company at the show, send Jeff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant 2020! 💪
The IBR Team