Welcome to the 136th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our American friends a very happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Mexico’s left-wing President mounts international campaign taking on tech companies after Trump bans.
- The richest person in China was about to orchestrate the world’s biggest IPO. His retreat from public life raises a number of questions.🤔
- Jamie Dimon says JPMorgan Chase should absolutely be ‘scared s—less’ about fintech threat.😱
- ‘Careful what you wish for’: Hedge fund manager warns Biden’s spending plan could pop stock market bubble. (we agree)
- A brief history of nachos.
- Tintin comic book art breaks auction record at $3.1 million.
- Artists including Justin Bieber, Drake, and Travis Scott are making clumsy plays at humble relatability during an era of deepening economic inequality.
- The joys of being an absolute beginner – for life.
- Accelerating AI computing to the speed of light.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Dental experts discover biological imbalance is the link between gum and kidney disease.
- New studies to explore how gene expression alters the brain’s response to drug abuse, and to screen for genes that could help brain cells withstand Parkinson’s disease.
- Could altering mealtimes prevent development of Type 2 diabetes?
- The role of T cells in fighting cancer.
- ‘Smart pill’ startup etectRx strikes partnership with Pear Therapeutics.
- Coffee consumption associated with lower risk of prostate cancer.☕
- Do I really need 8 glasses of water a day?
- The oral health benefits of CBD. (VIDEO)
- Gut microbes may antagonize or assist in Anorexia.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- UFC looks into Johns Hopkins study on psychedelic drugs as potential therapy for fighters.
- The emerging revival of psychedelics in neuroscience.
- Psilocybin produces an immunology-related genetic response in the prefrontal cortex of pig brains.
- Researchers believe ‘magic’ mushrooms have the potential to curb obesity.
- Peter Thiel-backed psychedelics start-up targets schizophrenia ahead of IPO.
- Molson aims to create mass CBD drink brand with Veryvell.
- Neuroscientists believe deep neural networks could help illustrate how psychedelics alter consciousness.
- Justin Thomas loses Ralph Lauren sponsorship over homophobic slur.🏌️♂️
- James Harden dealt to Nets in blockbuster and taxing trade.🏀
- Davante Adams is peaking in every way possible.🏈
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. 📰
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bitcoin prices are likely manipulated, Research Affiliates warns (no shit Sherlock).
- GW Pharma expects fiscal 2020 sales to reach $526 million.
- Tesla: Weak product pipeline threatens a growth narrative.
- It’s Tesla’s world: Wedbush sees the stock at $1,250 in the ‘Bull-Case’ scenario.
What Moved The Markets
Dow -0.9% to 30,814. S&P 500 -1.5% to 3,768. Nasdaq -1.5% to 12,999. Russell 2000 +1.5% to 2,123. CBOE Volatility Index +12.9% to 24.34.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -2%. Utilities +1.1%. Financials +0.1%. Telecom -3.6%. Healthcare -0.4%. Industrials -0.9%. Information Technology -2.6%. Materials -1.6%. Energy +3.1%. Consumer Discretionary -1.9%.
London -2.0% to 6,736. France -1.7% to 5,612. Germany -1.9% to 13,788. Japan +1.4% to 28,519. China -0.1% to 3,566. Hong Kong +2.5% to 28,574. India +0.5% to 49,035.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.3% to $52.06/bbl. Gold -0.4% to $1,827.9/oz. Natural Gas +1.9% to 2.752. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.2% to 136.93.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.13%. USD/JPY -0.04%. GBP/USD +0.14%. Bitcoin -7.6%. Litecoin -13.4%. Ethereum -1.3%. Ripple -12.8%.
Top Stock Gainers
CPS Technologies (NASDAQ:CPSH) +181%. Arclight Clean Transition (ACTC) +121%. IRIDEX (NASDAQ:IRIX) +117%. GameStop (NYSE:GME) +101%. Obseva SA (NASDAQ:OBSV) +94%.
Top Stock Losers
Triterras (NASDAQ:TRIT) -37%. Bit Digital (NASDAQ:BTBT) -33%. Viveve Medical (NASDAQ:VIVE) -32%. Macquarie Infrastructure (NYSE:MIC) -29%. Acutus Medical (NASDAQ:AFIB) -27%.
Earnings this upcoming week:
- The Q4 earnings season cranks up with Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) some of the more intriguing names to spill numbers. It is week two of trading for Poshmark (NASDAQ: POSH) and Petco (NASDAQ: WOOF) after huge first-day gains were pared a bit on Friday. The economic calendar brings reports on housing starts, manufacturing PMI, and existing home sales, while the $1.9T stimulus package and vaccine distribution will be at the top of the agenda for Joe Biden after he is sworn in as U.S. president.
- Bank of America (NYSE: BAC), Charles Schwab (NYSE: SCHW), Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS), J.B Hunt Transport (NASDAQ: JBHT), and Netflix (NFLX) on January 19; UnitedHealth, Procter & Gamble (PG), Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS), United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAL) and Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI) on January 20; Travelers (NYSE: TRV), Baker Hughes (NYSE: BKR), IBM (NYSE: IBM) and Intel (INTC) on January 21 as well as Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY) and Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) on January 22.
- Netflix is expected to report Q4 revenue $6.62B, operating income of $898M, EPS of $1.35 and total streaming additions of 6.47M. Bank of America says beyond the near-term uncertainty around 2021 subscriber estimates (pull-forward effect, pricing, competition), it continues to believe Netflix will see significant leverage on its global content investment over the long term and faces less regulatory scrutiny vs. mega-cap tech peers.
- New IPO pricings in the week ahead are expected to include MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (MYTE), Dream Finders Homes (DFH), Patria Investments (PAX), and Qualtrics (XM). IPO share lockup periods expire on Jamf Holding (NASDAQ: JAMF) and Ebang International (NASDAQ: EBON), on January 18; Accolade (NASDAQ: ACCD), Annexon (NASDAQ: ANNX), and Inozyme Pharma (NASDAQ: INZY) on January 19, as well as iTeos Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ITOS), Montrose Environment Group (NYSE: MEG) and Nurix Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NRIX) on January 20. The IPO quiet period on Inhibikase Therapeutics (NASDAQ: IKT) also expires during the week.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) (a bit of negative news today, buy the dip)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) 📈 ($19.50)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (news here)📈
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) (news here)📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
📖 Word Of The Week:
Accolade n. An expression of praise or admiration. An award or privilege granted; an acknowledgment of merit. “The scientist was given many accolades for his research.”
❔ Did You Know:
People around the world recorded the sounds of their forests, so you can escape into nature, while in lockdown or unable to travel. Use this site to chill or meditate.
The U.S. now has a debt level that rivals Italy’s.📉
📚 Books We Are Reading
‘Catchlight‘ by Brooke Adams Law
‘Leave the World Behind‘ by Rumaan Alam
‘Digital Goddess: The Unfiltered Lessons of a Female Entrepreneur‘ by Victoria Montgomery Brown
‘Cary Grant: A Brilliant Disguise‘ by Scott Eyman
If someone calls you fat, just ignore them. You are bigger than that!
👀👂 Must Watch or Listen
Barry Ritholtz interviews Adam Karr, portfolio manager at Orbis Investments and head of the firm’s US division. (another great informative interview)
New Interviews with Jeff (click to watch):
- M2Bio Sciences; 2020 Recap, Updating The Name Organizing the Company, and Psilocybin Updates
- M2Bio Sciences; Hemp Packaging, Lesotho Update, Bringing Blockchain to the Cannabis Industry
- M2Bio Sciences; Discussing Our Stock Valuation, 2021 Goals
- Internet Bull Report; Jeff’s Vision on Cybersecurity and Blockchain Verification in 2021
- Internet Bull Report; Apple, Tesla, Gold, Bitcoin, and Cannabis, What should you be watching
- Internet Bull Report; 2020 Recap, Preparing for 2021
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.