Welcome to the 87th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Wishing our American friends a very happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Cory Booker ends 2020 presidential campaign. (about time, he never had a chance, a Spartacus Moment)
- Short seller Muddy Waters stands by allegations against litigation finance firm.
- Who needs New Year’s resolutions after 43% returns? Andrew Left does.? ?
- Lime exits 12 cities and lays off 100 employees in search of profit.? (much more of this to come as so many of these scooter startups were funded recklessly)
- The world’s total debt surged by some $9 trillion in the first three quarters of 2019, according to data from the Institute of International Finance, bringing the world’s total debt load to $253 trillion, or 322% of its GDP — a record high.
- China is really worried about unemployment. Here’s what it’s doing to avoid mass layoffs.
- What is Davos? Myths and facts about the World Economic Forum’s Alpine summit.
- Big Pharma won’t let us import drugs from Canada, but insists on sending carcinogen-contaminated pills to the public.
- A comedy education from late legend Buck Henry. What working on The Graduate, Get Smart, SNL, taught him about making timeless humor.?
- This man just won the first-ever ‘Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time’ Tournament.
- With a new year and new decade here, the World Health Organization (WHO) has released a list of 13 urgent global health challenges.
- Seven years into his epic walk across the world, journalist Paul Salopek ponders our propensity for violence.
- Algorithms can now detect your heart rate and stress levels over video chat.
- Thanks to these European 3D printing startups, vegetarian meat is moving up from burger patties to actual steaks.
- Capitalizing on the promise of artificial intelligence.
- A for augmented: Cambridge AI company out to capture biomedical knowledge gets $60M from Mayo, Silicon Valley VC.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Russian investigation retracts more than 800 scientific papers due to issues.
- ‘Like sending bees to war’: the deadly truth behind your almond-milk obsession.
- Taking one for the team: How bacteria self-destruct to fight viral infections.
- Progress on lung cancer drives historic drop In U.S. cancer death rate.
- How to Biohack ourselves to try to live forever.
- Explaining link between emotion and addictive substance use.
- Cancer: Giving entire course of radiation treatment in less than a second is feasible.
- Intermittent fasting: Nutritional framework by Dr. Peter Attia (Watch his video). Learn about its effects on health, aging, and disease.
- Why our bodies have gotten colder with each passing decade. More here.
- Thinx menstrual underwear has toxic chemicals in the crotch.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Why isn’t the endocannabinoid system taught in medical schools?
- Can magic mushrooms help with depression? The unmet need in mental health is huge… If psychedelics can reduce that misery, the benefits would be mind-blowing.
- Transforming psychedelics into mainstream medicines.
- Organigram ($OGI) shares surge but CEO says pot uncertainty will linger.
- A CBD-infused performance drink which should help athletes recover from injury.
- FC Barcelona lose Suarez for key four months after knee surgery. ⚽
- Serena Williams wins first tennis tournament title as a mom. ?
- FC Barcelona on track to be soccer’s first billion-dollar club after topping Deloitte Money League.
- LSU is the National Champion and Joe Burrow has achieved college football immortality.
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies. Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place.
Sign up and open a Holt account today, click here. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Saudi Aramco exercises ‘over-allotment’ option to raise record IPO by $3.8 billion.
- Tesla going to over $6,000 per share, says money manager who originally predicted $4,000.
- Dow reclaims 29,000 with US-China phase one trade deal done.
- How Slack ruined work. Heralded as the product that would kill internal email chains. (we continue to maintain our short and look for a $10 year end target)
- The 47,500% Return: Meet the billionaire family behind the hottest stock of the past 30 years. (From $0.10 to $150, what a ride)
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.” – Albert Camus
? Word Of The Week
- Surreal adj. Having the disorienting quality of a dream; unreal; fantastic. “There was something surreal about the diving accident.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not the knee. They essentially stand on tip-toe. Their knees are closer to the body and are covered by feathers. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Paul Grewal, M.D.: Treating metabolic disease and strategies for long-term health. Listen here.
? Books We Are Reading:
A few of Luka’s favorites from 2019:
- Say Nothing: A True Story Of Murder and Memory In Northern Ireland – Patrick Radden Keefe
- Wealth Secrets of the One Percent – Sam Wilkin
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life – Gary John Bishop
- Self Made: The Definitive Guide to Business Startup Success – Bianca Miller-Cole and Byron Cole
? One Liners:
- “Letting go of a loved one can be hard. But sometimes, it’s the only way to survive a rock climbing catastrophe.”
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team