Welcome to the 137th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Trump’s Senate impeachment trial will start the week of Feb. 8, Schumer says.
- The rise and fall and rise (and fall) of the U.S. financial empire.
- How to be charismatic: The science and strategies of likability.
- The unauthorized story of Andreessen Horowitz.
- Scott Galloway: Why 2021 will be a year of reckoning for Big Tech.
- In the final days of the Trump administration, agencies clashed over how to regulate medical AI.
- How mirroring the architecture of the human brain is speeding up AI learning.🧠
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Exercise at midlife linked to better brain health in late life.💪🧠
- Why breastfed babies have improved immune systems.🤱
- Personalized brain stimulation alleviates severe depression symptoms.
- This artificial heart will soon be on the market in Europe.💓
- Dreaming is like taking LSD. A new theory explains that dreaming opens our minds to unexplored possibilities.
- NAD+ can restore age-related muscle deterioration.
- Cancer can be precisely diagnosed using a urine test with artificial intelligence.
- Alcohol consumption linked to portion of cancer incidence and mortality.
- FDA approves first monthly injectable to treat HIV infection.
- Percentage of adolescents meeting federal fruit and vegetable intake recommendations.
- Eye tests predict Parkinson’s-Linked cognitive decline 18 months ahead.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Israeli company developing medical cannabis spray to treat skin conditions.
- Establishing antibiotic potential for cannabis.
- Dutch government set to offer six month reprieve for ‘life saving’ cannabis oil.
- The first-ever psychedelics ETF will launch next week.
- Could a psychedelic gold rush be on the horizon?
- Hank Aaron dead: Baseball Hall of Famer, home run legend dies at 86.⚾RIP
- Suarez shows Barca what they are missing as he turns 34.
- Conor McGregor beaten by Dustin Poirier at UFC 257.
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. 📰
💰Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Short sellers lost more than $200 billion in 2020 betting against companies including Apple, Amazon, Zoom, and Netflix.
Bitcoin has overtaken technology stocks in attracting investors, according to Bank of America’s latest survey of fund managers.
Bitcoin bounces after drop from all-time highs: Four market analysts on what they’re watching.
⚡What Moved The Markets
Dow +0.6% to 30,997. S&P 500 +1.9% to 3,841. Nasdaq +4.2% to 13,543. Russell 2000 +2.1% to 2,168. CBOE Volatility Index -10.% to 21.91.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.9%. Utilities -0.2%. Financials -1.8%. Telecom +6.%. Healthcare +0.6%. Industrials -0.4%. Information Technology +4.4%. Materials -1.2%. Energy -1.6%. Consumer Discretionary +3.1%.
London -0.6% to 6,695. France -0.9% to 5,560. Germany +0.6% to 13,874. Japan +0.4% to 28,631. China +1.1% to 3,607. Hong Kong +3.1% to 29,448. India -0.3% to 48,879.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.7% to $51.99/bbl. Gold +1.4% to $1,855.3/oz. Natural Gas -10.5% to 2.45. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 137.02.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.75%. USD/JPY -0.12%. GBP/USD +0.74%. Bitcoin -7.1%. Litecoin -1.7%. Ethereum +2.9%. Ripple -0.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
Gritstone Oncology (NASDAQ:GRTS) +355%. Obalon Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OBLN) +254%. Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG) +218%. Aclaris Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ACRS) +199%. Polar Power (NASDAQ:POLA) +168%.
Top Stock Losers
Cardiff Oncology (NASDAQ:CRDF) -44%. Passage Bio (NASDAQ:PASG) -34%. Document Security Systems (NYSEMKT:DSS) -33%. Technical Commctn (NASDAQ:TCCO) -33%. Dyne Therapeutics (NASDAQ:DYN) -30%.
IPOs This Coming Week
Expected IPO pricing include Shoals Technologies (SHLS), Qualtrics International (XM), ZIM Integrated Shipping (ZIM), Vinci Partners (VINP) and Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (OCDX).
Earnings This Coming Week:
A blockbuster week of earnings is on tap with heavyweights like Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Caterpillar set to report, along with companies under the gun like General Electric (NYSE:GE) and Boeing (NYSE:BA). For pure entertainment, the Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) earnings call holds some intrigue. The electric vehicle maker’s 2021 deliveries guidance (825K to 875K expected) is the headliner of Tesla earnings day. Also next week, stimulus talk and a FOMC meeting are on the calendar. Another big wildcard for the week could be positive data from Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) on its single-shot vaccine.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB), (NASDAQ:XLNX) and Boot Barn (NYSE:BOOT) report on January 25; Verizon (NYSE:VZ), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), General Electric (GE), Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), American Express (NYSE:AXP), Microsoft (MSFT), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) and AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) on January 26; Tesla (TSLA), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB), Apple (AAPL), AT&T (NYSE:T), Boeing (BA), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) and Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX) on January 27; Comcast (NYSE:CMSA), Dow (NYSE:DOW), (NYSE:NOC), McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), Altria (NYSE:MO), Mastercard (NYSE:MA), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Visa (NYSE:V) and Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) on January 28; Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Phillips (NYSE:PSX), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) and Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) report on January 29.
Analyst estimates for Apple’s (AAPL) Q4 earnings report have been on the rise, with strength across the product and services portfolio noted. All signs point to a strong launch quarter for the iPhone 12.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) (news today)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) 📈 (continue to move up, $23+)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈 (since we mentioned at .65 just 3 weeks ago, now .88)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
‘Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Atrophy n. A decrease in size or wasting away or progressive decline, as from disuse. “Misleading and infrequent reporting have facilitated the atrophy of self-sufficiency.”
❔ Did You Know:
The first emoticon was created by Scott E. Fahlman. He created the first “sideways smiley” 🙂 back in 1982.
📚 Books We Are Reading
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs by Nathalie Molina Niño
👀👂 Must Watch or Listen
Putin’s palace. History of world’s largest bribe. (fascinating watch)
📆 Upcoming Events:
Master Investor Presents: Investing Themes For 2021
James Faulkner and Victor Hill (2 very smart gentlemen)
Jan 28, 2021 01:00 PM London Time
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.