Welcome to the 88th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
*Please take all precautionary measures in protecting yourself and family against the Coronavirus. This is going to get a whole lot worse. We believe China is not reporting the real numbers. (Read below how to prevent viral infections.)
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Trump’s legal team formally responds to Senate impeachment summons. 🇺🇸
- Farewell, Europe: the long road to Brexit. 🇪🇺
- What interest rates dating back to 1311 tell us about today’s global economy.
- Why Manhattan’s skyscrapers are empty. Half of the luxury-condo units that have come onto the market in the past five years are still unsold.
- World Economic Forum Report 2020: Tentative Stabilization, Sluggish Recovery. 💰
- Ray Dalio on China: ‘This ain’t your grandfather’s communism’. Chinese like capitalism more than Americans do. 🇨🇳
- Portrait found in gallery’s walls verified as missing Klimt. 🖼
- China’s credibility on the line as it tries to dispels fears it will cover up spread of Wuhan virus.
- Yes, the UK media’s coverage of Meghan Markle really is racist. (Seems ”racist” has become a default word for almost everything sadly.)
- Pretty soon, if you’re on a Tinder date that turns bad, you’ll be able to tap a “panic button” that can silently alert the authorities to your location. 🔥
- Former Universal executive Josh Goldstine wins arbitration case after misconduct firing.
- How Africa’s richest woman exploited family ties, shell companies and inside deals to build an empire.
- Billions of locusts swarm through Kenya – in pictures. 🦗
- Operation Encore and the Saudi Connection: A Secret History of the 9/11 Investigation. 👀
- Former Wells Fargo CEO banned from banking industry and fined $17.5 million.
- Experts say they believe a WhatsApp account used by the crown prince of Saudi Arabia was used to plant malware on the phone of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. 📱
- China in new tech embarrassment as coding guru suspended for fake claims.
- Bioplastics continue to blossom – Are they really better for the environment? 🌎
- Fortune Special Report: Artificial Intelligence. (Great read!)
- World’s largest offshore wind farm will power 4.5 million homes.
- Google’s ads just look like search results now.
- Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai on managing a tech giant’s growing pains.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- To prevent the transmission of viral diseases: Wash your hands often with soap and water and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or with your elbow. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home if you are sick. 😷
- Even short hospital ICU stays can cause lasting problems for patients. Can early mobility and exercise help?
- A recent study from Stanford concluded that human’s inner body temperatures have been slowly but consistently dropping over the last 150 years, arguing that the norm is now closer to 97.5ºF (36.3ºC), instead of 98.6ºF (37ºC). 🌡
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- New research on potential benefits of cannabis on the symptoms of neurologic disorders in elderly patients. 🌿
- How CBD may be able to help people some certain sleep-related conditions.
- Athletes will use CBD this Olympics and here’s why. 💪
- How marijuana accelerates growth of HPV-related head and neck cancer identified. More here.
- Here’s how much ‘magic mushroom retreats’ like Goop Lab’s actually cost. 🍄
- Caroline Wozniacki: ‘Tennis is what I’ve done my whole life… it’s crazy it’s coming to an end’. 🎾
- Women Tennis: Coco Gauff just stunned defending champion Naomi Osaka in straight sets at the Australia Open.
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41: NBA legend killed along with at least four others in horror helicopter crash. (R.I.P.) 😔
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies.Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place. 💹
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla’s market valuation is now $100 billion. The milestone is more than a symbolic victory for Elon Musk: if Tesla’s market cap stays above $100 billion, Musk could become the richest man in the world.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) – Volume picking up. Expecting a great 2020.
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ) – Overhang cleared out – Traded about 10M last week.
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Incisive adj. (of a person or mental process) Intelligently analytical and clear-thinking. Accurate and sharply focused. “The incisive detective soon solved the crime.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Froot Loops loops are all the same flavor. No point in eating around the purple ones; all Froot Loops taste like… um… froot. Other than the Wild Berry Froot Loops, of course. 🥣
- The year of the rat begins on January 25, 2020. Everything you need to know about rats is here.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Galen G. Weston: Transforming the World of Retail. Excellent watch.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
A few of our favorites from 2019:
- “Girl, Woman, Other” by Bernardine Evaristo
- “Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction” by Derek Thompson
- “Fleishman is in Trouble” by Taffy Brodesser-Akner (Wildfire, £18.99)
- “Three Women” by Lisa Taddeo
- “On the Red Hill: Where Four Lives Fell Into Place” by Mike Parker
🤣 One Liners:
- “There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can’t.”
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team