Welcome to the 85th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Happy New Year and all the best for an outstanding 2020! ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- US embassy attack: Trump threatens Iran over violent protest in Iraq.
- Iran condemns US killing of Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani.
- Israel’s Netanyahu seeks immunity from prosecution in corruption cases.
- The Global Economy 2020: A positive outlook shadowed by China, Debt, and Trade Tensions. ?
- How ratings agencies inflate credit ratings to get deals & fees. (The industry needs more competition) – Moody’s will likely downgrade South Africa to junk. The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is a short.
- A skeptic’s guide to Modern Monetary Theory. ?
- Archaeologists and geneticists are closer than ever to understanding when humans made the first bold journey to the Americas.
- Meet the scientist trying to travel back in time.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- He Jiankui, who created world’s first CRISPR’d babies, sentenced to three years in prison.?
- Women with single dose of HPV vaccine gain similar protection as multiple doses. ?
- Memories can be injected and survive amputation and metamorphosis. ?
- Can intermittent fasting help you lose weight and improve your health? (we see this movement really picking up steam in 2020 – and we believe in the merits)
- Toward a grand unified theory of snowflakes.❄
- Breakthrough study on molecular interactions could improve development of new medicines.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Illegal Burger: The first CBD restaurant franchise opportunity. ?
- 5 leading publicly traded cannabis companies report substantial revenue in December.
- Harvest Health to buy MJardin Nevada Cultivation facility for $35 Million. ?
- Psychedelic research gains momentum, as early trial suggests micro-dosing LSD is safe. ?
- Titans send Tom Brady, Patriots to earliest playoff exit in 10 years. ? (Brady
shouldwill retire gracefully)
- Vince Carter becomes first NBA player to appear in four decades. ?
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies. Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place.
For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) short sellers have lost $8 billion. (Now trading at $443)
- Saudi Aramco shares hit lowest since IPO, down 1.7%.
- Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) – We believe 2020 will be a really tough year for facebook. Trading at $209 we see it at $120, article coming this coming week.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF) –
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR) –
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) –
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ) –
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) –
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) –
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Those who lack the courage will always find a philosophy to justify it.” – Albert Camus
? Word Of The Week:
- Prescient; Prescience adj. Having or showing knowledge of events before they take place; foresight. “You should be prescient about choosing your employer.”
❔ Did You Know:
- It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose. You just tested it, didn’t you? Normally, when you hum, the air is able to escape through your nose to create the sound, and of course, it can’t do that when you’re holding it shut. This is one of the weird facts you can test out for yourself. Go ahead, try it.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- What the hell happened at WeWork? Guest: Eliot Brown, Wall Street Journal. A good listen.
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews Damon Hill: Overcoming loss, achieving success, and finding one’s identity. (great interview)
- Elon Musk: The Man, The Myth, The Meme. (cool 8 minute video by Bloomberg)
- How things go viral. Watch it here. (so true)
? Books We Are Reading:
A few more of Jeff’s favorites from 2019:
- “The Topeka School” by Ben Lerner
- “Trust Exercise” by Susan Choi
- “Solitary” by Albert Woodfox
- “How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy” by Jenny Odell
- “The Orphan Master’s Son” by Adam Johnson
? One Liners:
- ”I’m skeptical of anyone who tells me they do yoga every day. That’s a bit of a stretch.”
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- If you would like to present your company at the show, send Jeff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming 2020! ?
The IBR Team