Welcome to the 34th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past few days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Sensitive data belonging to hundreds of German politicians has been leaked online via Twitter. More about the data leak.
- ‘Leaked’ video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez proves she… has friends and can dance. Discover the ‘scandal’. ?
- Trump may invoke a ”National Emergency” as government shutdown continues. Read about here. ?
- Brazil’s new far right president and big Trump fan, Jair Bolsonaro, is sworn in. (Population of Brazil? 210 Million)
- Yellow Vest Movement now in week 8. Read and watch here.
- China says it will step up support for the economy as bad news continues to pile up. ?
- Allianz chief economic advisor says there’s evidence the US economy is slowing with the rest of the world. Watch here. ?
- US National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow says there is no recession in sight. Watch here. ?
- The US added 312,000 jobs in December, a huge rise well above forecasts. ?♀️?♂️
- 18 striking findings from 2018. The list.
- How much of the Internet is fake? Turns out, a lot of it, actually.
- Inside the country where you can buy a black man for $400. Slavery is thriving in Libya.
- Futuristic ‘Autonomous Travel Suit‘ would drive you around while you get some shut eye. Read more.
- China’s space mission lands Chang’e-4 spacecraft on the far side of the moon. ?
- AI-generated human faces that look amazingly real. The technology. face
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Scientists engineer shortcut for photosynthetic glitch, boost crop growth 40%. This could be a game changer. ?
- University of Oklahoma meteorologist appointed as President Trump’s top science adviser. ?
- What Bill Gates learnt at work in 2018. The outcomes. (Spot on, especially with flu prediction) ?
- Helping the immune system clear away old cells in aging mice helped restore youthful characteristics. Recent study.
- Thoughts from a doctor dad on what the next 99 years of medical advances might bring for his son. The letter he wrote.
- Check out Buzzfeed – best of 2018.
- The Mediterranean diet is the best way to eat in 2019, according to the annual U.S. News & World Report. ?
- Pictures reveal “winter wonderland” on the red planet, Mars.
- How darts moved from a lowly ‘pub sport’ to the world stage. Read more.
- LeBron James or Michael Jordan: Who is the G.O.A.T.? LeBron says it’s him. Check it out.
- How much could 1 Bluefin tuna sell for? Check out this insane number. ?
- How an NBA team is hooked on coffee. ☕
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc ($AAPL), says the trade war has massively curbed Chinese consumer demand for iPad, iPhone and MacBook. ?
- The market for luxury products made from the non-psychoactive parts of the marijuana plant is exploding. ?
- Top Chinese banker warns against buying Property “because there’s no more money to be made”. The reasons. ?
- Bristol-Myers Squibb ($BMY) is buying cancer drug-maker Celgene ($CELG) in a cash and stock deal valued at $74 billion. Watch here. ?
- Confused by the incredible swings in the market? Just keep in mind that 92% of all trading in equities is traded algorithmically. ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
? Word Of The Week:
- Ameliorate – Verb: to make better; improve.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Did you know lemons contain more sugar than strawberries? ? ?
- On this day in history: January 7, 1929: “Tarzan”, one of the 1st adventure comic strips, 1st appears.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- How sugar affects the brain – by Nicole Avena. This is the time of year where many of us will be trying to make some changes and get more healthy. Sugar is one of the main causes of many physical aliments caused by food. Check out this video to get a better understanding of it.
- Interview with Francis Greenburger, real estate developer, literary agent, author, philanthropist and the founder of Time Equities. Early in his career he became known as “the co-op king of New York”.
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Death of Expertise — Tom Nichols shows us why the surge in narcissistic and intellectual egalitarianism has crippled informed debates. “All voices, even the most ridiculous, demand to be taken with equal seriousness, and any claim to the contrary is dismissed as undemocratic elitism.”
- This is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor — A hilarious, heartbreaking, and—according to my doctor friends—accurate look inside the medical establishment. The number of life or death decisions made by people on little to no sleep will leave you horrified. I couldn’t put it down.
- The Coddling of the American Mind — While every generation thinks the one that follows is more coddled than itself, Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt argue that this time it really is different.
? Feel Good Monday:
- Social worker led frugal life to leave nearly $11 million to children’s charities. Touching story. ?
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @mollymcnearney: I wonder who is laughing at me harder when I pack my bag for a vacation: my workout clothes or my book.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week and year! ?
The IBR Team: Dr. Anna, Jeff and David