Welcome to the 208th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
We hope everybody had an amazing 4th of July weekend! 🎆
Bitcoin, Crypto – What a shitshow. 💩
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Biden Admin to families suffering high gas costs: ‘This Is About The Future Of The Liberal World Order’. ⛽️
- 71% of Americans don’t want Joe Biden to run for 2024 reelection. 🙅♂️
- Libyans erupted in anger in Tripoli protesting power cuts, high prices as political crisis takes toll. 🪧
- At least 27 dead in Burkina Faso after two attacks by suspected jihadists. 🇧🇫
- Gas shortage emergency would push Hamburg to ration hot water, says senator. 💧
- Tens of thousands rallied in the Georgian capital Tbilisi to support EU membership bid: ‘We choose Europe’. 🇬🇪
- Chinese firm prepares to hand over new US$140 million parliament to Zimbabwe. 🤲
- Fourth of July travel: Thousands of flights canceled on a busy weekend. ✈️
- Crashing: Atlanta Fed GDP tracker plunges to -2.1%. 📉
- Bank of America slashes GDP forecast to zero. 0️⃣
- “One of the worst downturns in recent history”: Woke Zuck warns Facebook employees to brace for layoffs. 🥾
- Chinese property developer Shimao misses repayment on $1 billion bond. 💥
- Suez Canal announced record profit of $7 billion for FY2021-2022 – after repeatedly raising transit fees for ships through the crucial passage for world trade. 🤑
- Wide-ranging investigation into embezzlement at Chad’s national oil company. 🛢
- Sierra Leone slashes ‘zeros of shame’ from banknotes – in bid to restore confidence in the inflation-hit national currency. 🚫
- Celebrating the Fourth of July. 🎆
- Why is Latin a dead language? 💀
- Four Aztec burials found in Mexico. 🇲🇽
- Laser scans reveal ancient cities hidden in the Amazon river basin. 🛖
- Liputa Fashion Show in DRC showcases African designers’ latest collections. 💃
- Footprints in China show dinosaurs came in from the cold to rule the world, say scientists. 🦕
- Venice plans to start weeding out cheap tourists. 🇮🇹
- Germany begins to return Benin Bronzes taken from Africa 120 years ago. 🇩🇪
- Nigeria’s latest lithium find: Some key questions answered. ⛏
- Drinking coffee before shopping can lead to impulse buying. ☕️
- Moving beyond mimicry in Artificial Intelligence. 🖥
- Six indicted in cryptocurrency and NFT fraud schemes that netted more than $130 million. 💰
- ‘Hired in 24 hours’: Top hotels in Europe hire ‘unqualified’ staff to deal with shortages. 🏨
- 95% of your behavior is primate behavior. 🐒
- Verona and Pisa ration drinking water amid historic drought. 💧
- India bans single-use plastics in bid to tackle waste. 🚯
- How does 3D Printing actually work and what can you make? 🖨
- How mathematics solved the burger-flipping problem. 🍔
- Physicists create continuous-time crystal for the first time. 🔮
- Experimental discovery of Tetraneutron – An exotic state of matter. ⚛️
- Advanced technology allows automated 3D tracking of leaked gas. ⛽️
- This dissolvable implant could revolutionize pain management. 😰
- Spanish airline Air Nostrum orders a fleet of airships. 🎈
- Asteroids: Researchers simulate defense of Earth. ☄️
- Algorithm predicts crime a week in advance but reveals bias in police response. 👮♀️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- 13 cancers are related to this one physical condition, and it’s only increasing. 🥼
- Turtles and tortoises can slow their rate of aging. 🐢
- FDA approves Skyrizi for moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease. 👍
- Serotonin and dopamine modulate aging in response to food odor and availability. 🍱
- Researchers uncover a new pathway for the accumulation of age-promoting ‘Zombie Cells’. 🧟♀️
- Protecting the brain from dementia-inducing abnormal protein aggregates. 🧠
- It’s official. Vitamins don’t do much for health. 👎
- Manuka Honey fights antibiotic-resistant bacteria plus so much more. 🐝
- Human fertility rates are plummeting amid a tidal wave of endocrine-disrupting chemicals. 🌊
- Beyond Diet: 10 minutes of this helps heal the gut. 🥗
- New science suggests scents matter to humans as much as to dogs.👃
- Cognitive immobility is a form of mental entrapment that leads to conscious or unconscious efforts to recreate past instances in familiar locations. 😴
- Researchers identified differences in isoforms that control Treg cells and how that affects the body’s immune system response. 💪
- Study reveals how specific tasks are distributed to different areas within the prefrontal cortex to help with decision-making processes. 🧠
- The science is screaming: Don’t make this trendy mistake. 🔬
- What is Covid-19 ‘brain fog’? 😶🌫️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- An Ayahuasca Retreat claims to sell ‘Miracles.’ Former workers and guests say it’s unsafe and abusive. 🔞
- Major League Baseball to allow CBD sponsorships. 🌿
- The effectiveness and safety of medical cannabis for treating cancer related symptoms in oncology patients. 🧑⚕️
- A loophole in Japan’s weed laws is getting tens of thousands high. 🇯🇵
- Feds fund the development of Hemp-Based, 3D-Printed Materials to build affordable housing. 🖨
- Could psychedelics help treat depression? 🥼
- Scientists find THC in over 60% of CBD products they tested — and that may be a huge problem. 👩🔬
- Secret ancient Andean passageways may have been used in rituals involving psychedelics. 💊
- Can microdosing psychedelics improve your mental health? 🍄
- France’s Alizé Cornet knocks out world number one Iga Swiatek in Wimbledon. 🎾
- Christian Eriksen agrees to Manchester United move on three-year contract. 🤝
- British GP’s chaotic start encapsulates the spectacle and terror of Formula 1’s new era. 🏎
- Tour de France leader Wout van Aert ready for ‘really demanding’ stages. 🚴
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The cannabis ETF world sees departures. 👋
- Klarna is discussing valuation cut to $6 Billion from $45.6 billion. 📉
- NFT sales hit 12-month low after cryptocurrency crash. 💥
- Copper sees sharpest quarterly plunge since 2011, down around 20.3% – “We still see metals falling as a recession in the U.S. is fully priced in“. 📉
- S&P 500 ends brutal first half ’22 with largest percentage loss since 1970. 📉
Wednesday, July 6 – Simulations Plus (NASDAQ:SLP).
Thursday, July 7 – Levi Strauss (NYSE:LEVI), Helen of Troy (NASDAQ:HELE), and WD-40 Company (WDFC).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Analyst ratings will start on Phoenix Motor (NASDAQ:PEV) following the expiration of the quiet period. IPO lockup expirations hit on July 6 for Amylyx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMLX), CinCor Pharma (NASDAQ:CINC), Vigil Neuroscience (VIGL), and Hour Loop (NASDAQ:HOUR). CinCor is the only one of the four trading above its IPO pricing level.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -1.3% to 31,097. S&P 500 -2.2% to 3,825. Nasdaq -4.1% to 11,128. Russell 2000 -2.2% to 1,728. CBOE Volatility Index -2.% to 26.7.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.3%. Utilities +4.1%. Financials -1.5%. Telecom -4.5%. Healthcare +0.4%. Industrials -0.8%. Information Technology -4.5%. Materials -3.1%. Energy +1.3%. Consumer Discretionary -4.7%.
London -0.6% to 7,169. France -2.3% to 5,931. Germany -2.3% to 12,813. Japan -2.1% to 25,936. China +1.1% to 3,388. Hong Kong +0.7% to 21,860. India +0.3% to 52,908.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.8% to $108.46/bbl. Gold -1.% to $1,812.9/oz. Natural Gas -9.7% to 5.62. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 2.889.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.2%. USD/JPY +0.02%. GBP/USD -1.34%. Bitcoin -10.6%. Litecoin -13.4%. Ethereum -15.8%. XRP -15.%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Anthem (ANTM) +9%. General Mills (GIS) +7%. DaVita (DVA) +7%. Exelon (EXC) +6%. Xcel Energy (XEL) +6%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Carnival Corporation & plc (CCL) -19%. Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) -15%. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) -15%. NVIDIA (NVDA) -15%. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) -14%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.”
– Larry Ellison.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Truncate | trun·cate |, verb – shorten the duration or extent of: “He was a sensational player whose career was truncated by injuries” | “Like many women of her generation who were at school just before the war, she was obliged to truncate her education” | “The novel has been truncated.”
❔ Did You Know:
The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer, due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy, and take up more space. 🗼
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Girl, Woman, Other – by Bernardine Evaristo.
- Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction – by Derek Thompson.
- Fleishman is in Trouble – by Taffy Brodesser-Akner.
- Three Women – by Lisa Taddeo.
- On the Red Hill: Where Four Lives Fell Into Place – by Mike Parker.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Investing with Norges Bank Investment Management’s Nicolai Tangen. 🇳🇴
- Goldman Sachs Talks: Howard Marks, Co-chairman of Oaktree Capital Management. 💰
📆 Upcoming Events:
All About Orange 🥕🧡
“Eating the rainbow” is an important principle we should all try to live by and we’ll be shedding some light on what that means, starting with Orange.
July 09, 2022 | 10:30 AM South African Time | M2Bio Sciences Event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Jeff will be in Dubai from July 25th to August 6th.
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.