Welcome to the 209th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- 88% of Americans say U.S. is on wrong track (now that’s a vote of confidence). 👎
- Putin to Ukraine: Russia has barely started its action. 🪖
- Japan’s ex-leader Shinzo Abe was assassinated during a speech. 💥
- Why U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigned. 👋
- Moscow city councilor jailed for 7 years for anti-war comment. ⛓
- Millions of barrels from U.S. Emergency Oil Reserve sent abroad, including to China. 🛢
- The worst 6 months ever for financial markets. 📉
- Somalia authorizes first foreign banks in decades. 🏦
- Central African Republic launches project for its own cryptocurrency and crypto-hub. 🪙
- Russia replaces disappearing Western gadgets with Chinese brands. 🇨🇳
- Barclays gives 35,000 staff pay boost to ease cost-of-living burden. 🥾
- Eiffel Tower riddled with rust and in need of repair. 🗼
- Visiting online galleries not only allows for a greater opportunity for art to be seen by the public, it also helps improve mood, reduces anxiety, and provides a greater sense of well-being. 🖼️
- The month’s sharpest science shots, selected by Nature’s photo team. 📸
- Actor James Caan, star of ‘Godfather,’ ‘Elf,’ dies at 82. 🙏
- The man who invented Water Skiing. ⛷
- Joey Chestnut downs 63 hot dogs to win 2022 Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. 🌭
- One woman dominated the awards at a Virginia county fair. Then the internet went wild. 🚨
- Theranos ex-COO Sunny Balwani found guilty on all 12 fraud charges 6 months after founder Holmes’ conviction. 👩⚖️
- In the early 1990s, few corners of the military were as misogynistic as the world of fighter pilots. This is the story of the women Navy officers who overcame that culture to fly the formidable F-14. 👩✈️
- Can mental health app help you deal with anxiety? 📲
- Caterpillars from South Africa are worming their way onto our plates. 🐛
- A hybrid inorganic–biological artificial photosynthesis system for energy-efficient food production. 🌱
- Musk backs out of $44 billion Twitter deal over bot accounts. 🙅♂️
- MIT Physicists Discover a Family of “Magic” superconducting graphene structures. 🪄
- Three new exotic particles discovered with large Hadron Collider. ⚛️
- Physicists stunned by nature in the wrong direction: Magnetic spins that “freeze” when heated. ❄️
- Researchers in China claim they’ve developed ‘mind-reading’ artificial intelligence that measures loyalty to Chinese Communist Party, reports say. 🇨🇳
- Switzerland moves ahead with underground autonomous cargo delivery. 🚚
- Tiny shapeshifting robots brush and floss your teeth, kill bacteria. 🦷
- Faster-than-light travel could work within Einstein’s physics, Astrophysicist shows. 💡
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How did a woman with a missing temporal lobe become bilingual? 😯
- Researchers explore how changes in the patterns of activity in the basolateral amygdala contribute to negative emotions such as fear, anxiety, and depression. 🧠
- Brain fog may be treated by healing the gut. 😶🌫️
- Could your old poop cure you of future diseases? 💩
- How the brain keeps the urge to act in check. 🤹♀️
- Mindfulness meditation reduces pain by separating it from the self. 🎭
- US autism rate is now 1 in 30 (In the mid-1960s, the autism rate was 1 in 10,000. By 2012, it had shot up to 1 in 88. In 2016, it was 1 in 68, and now it’s 1 in 30 children and adolescents). 👩⚕️
- From social media to pink billboards, it’s suddenly ‘hot’ to discuss gut diseases. 🦠
- Encouraging people to eat more fruits and vegetables, and reduce meat intake could avert up to 26 million deaths per year. 🍇
- What can menstrual blood reveal about health and disease? 🩸
- In bioethics, ignoring racism is itself a kind of racism. 🤔
- Scientists tracked 77 species for decades to reveal secrets of long life. 🧬
- A long-term high-fat diet expands the waistline and shrinks the brain. 🍕
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Will Germany’s move to legalize weed inspire the rest of Europe? 🇩🇪
- Adolescents more vulnerable to cannabis addiction but not other mental health risks. 😵💫
- Cape Town now officially has the highest building in the world made with hemp. 🏙
- The Swiss government will remove limitations on medical marijuana use, starting August 1st, 2022. 👍
- Indiana nurse faces ten years in prison for microdosing psilocybin mushrooms. 🍄
- Early clinical data on psilocybin in anorexia point Compass to potential new opportunity. 🔬
- Salah stays! Liverpool’s surprise contract news sent social media wild. ⚽
- Roger Federer speaks during the Parade of Champions on what Centre Court has meant to him throughout his legendary career. 🎾
- The science behind the rise of the slider. ⚾
- WNBA superstar Brittney Griner pleads guilty to Russian drug charges, admission could pave way for swap. 👩⚖️
- Elena Rybakina wins Wimbledon women’s final for 1st Slam. 🎾🏆
- Novak Djokovic wins seventh Wimbledon title and 21st Grand Slam. 🙌
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Crypto Exchange Blockchain.com faces $270 million hit on loans to Three Arrows Capital. 💰
- Gas giant Uniper submits bailout application to German government as Russia squeezes supplies. ⛽️
Monday, July 11 – Greenbrier (GBX), PepsiCo, PriceSmart (PSMT).
Tuesday, July 12 – AngioDynamics (NASDAQ:ANGO).
Wednesday, July 13 – Delta Air Lines (DAL) and Fastenal (FAST).
Thursday, July 14 – Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), and Conagra (CAG).
Friday, July 15 – PNC Financial (PNC), BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), Citigroup (C), PNC (PNC), State Street (STT), Wells Fargo (WFC), U.S. Bancorp (USB) and UnitedHealth (UNH).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Nano Labs (NA) is expected to start trading on July 12. Nano Labs makes ASIC chips for crypto mining machines and some metaverse-related computing applications. COVID-19 test marketer Virax Biolans Group (NASDAQ:VRAX) is scheduled to debut on the market on July 14. Watch Hillstream Biopharma (NASDAQ:HILS) and TPG (TPG) with IPO lockup periods expiring to free up more shares to be sold.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +0.8% to 31,338. S&P 500 +1.9% to 3,899. Nasdaq +4.6% to 11,635. Russell 2000 +2.4% to 1,769. CBOE Volatility Index -7.7% to 24.64.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.5%. Utilities -2.9%. Financials +0.5%. Telecom +4.9%. Healthcare +0.8%. Industrials -0.2%. Information Technology +4.3%. Materials -1.5%. Energy -2.4%. Consumer Discretionary +4.6%.
London +0.4% to 7,196. France +1.7% to 6,033. Germany +1.6% to 13,015. Japan +2.2% to 26,517. China -0.9% to 3,356. Hong Kong -0.6% to 21,726. India +3.% to 54,482.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -3.4% to $104.8/bbl. Gold -3.4% to $1,740.9/oz. Natural Gas +5.9% to 6.067. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.2 bps to 3.08.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -2.31%. USD/JPY +0.69%. GBP/USD -0.5%. Bitcoin +13.8%. Litecoin +2.%. Ethereum +18.1%. XRP +10.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Moderna (MRNA) +23%. Etsy (ETSY) +21%. Paycom Software (PAYC) +15%. Tesla (TSLA) +12%. PulteGroup (PHM) +12%.
Top Stock Losers
Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM) -5%. Hess (HES) -5%. Philip Morris International (PM) -5%. Halliburton (HAL) -5%. Linde (LIN) -4%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Gibbous | gi·bis |, adjective – (of the moon) having the illuminated part greater than a semicircle and less than a circle. “Convex or protuberant: His gibbous eyes.”
❔ Did You Know:
The heart of a shrimp is located in its head. They also have an open circulatory system, which means they have no arteries and their organs float directly in blood. 🦐
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine – by Michael Lewis.
I don’t approve of political jokes… I’ve seen too many of them get elected.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with the Wall Street Journal’s Spencer Jakab, author of “The Revolution That Wasn’t: GameStop, Reddit and the Fleecing of Small Investors.”
📆 Upcoming Events:
The Gartner CFO Playbook
CFOs and their teams continue to evolve their approaches to manage the impact of historic levels of inflation. With increasing cost pressures and talent challenges, how can CFOs navigate this turn in the business cycle?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Jeff will be in Dubai from July 25th to August 6th.
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.