Welcome to the 111th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Trump administration begins formal withdrawal from World Health Organization.
- Coronavirus: Brazil’s President Bolsonaro tests positive. ??
- FBI chief slams Chinese cyberattacks on U.S., calls it ‘one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history’.
- Duda vs Trzaskowski: The fight for Poland’s future. ??
- China economy: Latest data about world’s second largest economy. ??
- China debt: How big is it, who owns it and what is next? ?
- China loans hits record US$1.73 trillion in first half of 2020.
- Spain: Pandemic speeds largest test yet of universal basic income. ??
- Fraud, short sellers and media.
- It’s the summer of road trips. Here’s how to do it right. ?
- World’s best nature photos: 18 finalists in Agora 2020 Contest.
- Charlie Daniels, ‘Devil Went Down to Georgia’ singer, famed fiddler and outspoken star, dies at 83. ? RIP
- Wild bison to return to UK for first time in 6,000 years.
- For Facebook, a boycott and a long, drawn-out reckoning.
- Ennio Morricone dead: Legendary film composer dies at 91. ? RIP
- The lie behind plastic pollution is that we’re responsible.
- World’s tallest hybrid timber tower planned for Sydney, Australia.
- Interstellar travel could make human language evolve beyond recognition.
- Who gets to be reckless on Wall Street?
- NIH study finds out why some words may be more memorable than others.
- How to curate your digital persona.
- The slow disappearance of the hotel shower door.
- Christie’s online sale fetches $421m despite virus pandemic.
- Robot taxis could solve a crucial Covid-19 problem. ? Ready or not, here they come.
- China and AI: What the world can learn and what it should be wary of.
- In the future, lab mice will live in computer chips, not cages. ?
- I used an algorithm to help me write a story. Here’s what I learned.
- Sony invests $250 million in ‘Fortnite’ maker Epic Games.
- LinkedIn sued for spying on users with Apple device apps.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- New clues to ALS and Alzheimer’s disease from physics. ?
- Discovery of how cancer drugs find their targets.
- An intriguing – but far from proven – HIV cure in the ‘São Paulo Patient’.
- An experiment in end-of-life care: Tapping AI’s cold calculus to nudge the most human of conversations.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Cannabis may reduce deadly COVID-19 lung inflammation. ?
- Aegis Brands unveils its retail cannabis brand with the opening of the first location of Hemisphere Cannabis Co.
- One preliminary study suggests CBD may help to fight Covid-19.
- Canopy Growth shuns pharmaceutical research.
- Israeli researchers provide evidence microdosing cannabis relieves pain.
- Colombian cannabis firm signs deal to bring CBD skincare line to Spain.
- Cannabis for IBD: Can it help?
- Wimbledon to allocate prize money despite cancellation. ??
- Lewis Hamilton wins Styrian GP from pole after Ferraris collide on first lap.
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The mystery of $2 Billion of loans backed by fake gold. (NASDAQ: KGJI) (only the tip of the iceberg of massive fraud and loans backed with non-existent assets)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +1% to 26,075. S&P 500 +1.8% to 3,185. Nasdaq +4% to 10,617. Russell 2000 -0.1% to 1,419. CBOE Volatility Index -1.4% to 27.29.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.5%. Utilities -0.2%. Financials +2.2%. Telecom +4.7%. Healthcare -0.9%. Industrials -1.4%. Information Technology +2.7%. Materials +0.8%. Energy -4.6%. Consumer Discretionary +4.8%.
London -1.% to 6,095. France -0.7% to 4,970. Germany +0.8% to 12,634. Japan -0.1% to 22,291. China +7.3% to 3,383. Hong Kong +1.4% to 25,727. India +1.6% to 36,594.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.7% to $40.56/bbl. Gold +0.8% to $1,801.6/oz. Natural Gas +4.1% to 1.818. Ten-Year Treasury Yield 0.% to 139.12.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.45%. USD/JPY -0.55%. GBP/USD +1.11%. Bitcoin +1.5%. Litecoin +5.5%. Ethereum +5.1%. Ripple +13.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Unum Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UMRX) +646%. WiMi Hologram Cloud (NASDAQ:WIMI) +322%. Altimmune (NASDAQ:ALT) +115%. Mogu – ADR (NYSE:MOGU) +100%. AYRO (NASDAQ:AYRO) +71%.
Top Stock Losers
BELLUS Health (NASDAQ:BLU) -76%. Obseva SA (NASDAQ:OBSV) -57%. Centogene NV (OTC:CNTG) -46%. Evolus (NASDAQ:EOLS) -42%. OptiNose (NASDAQ:OPTN) -36%.
The Week Ahead
Monday: PepsiCo earnings
Tuesday: US inflation data; UK balance of trade; Germany economic sentiment; Citigroup, Delta Air Lines, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo earnings
Wednesday: US industrial production; Goldman Sachs and UnitedHealth earnings
Thursday: China GDP; US initial unemployment claims and retail sales; Bank of America, Charles Schwab, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Morgan Stanley, Truist and Netflix earnings
Friday: US housing starts and building permits; BlackRock earnings
? Stocks On Our Radar:
Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
? Word Of The Week:
Arduous adj. 1. Demanding great effort or labor; difficult. “An arduous undertaking.” 2. Testing severely the powers of endurance; strenuous. “A long and arduous process.”
❔ Did You Know:
The dirtiest place on the plane isn’t the bathroom.?
As it so happens, the filthiest place on a plane is that tray table you’re eating your meal off of. According to a study conducted by TravelMath, tray tables hosted 2,155 colony-forming bacterial units (CFU) per square inch. In comparison, the button to flush the toilet had just 265 CFU in the same amount of space.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Jim Simons: Life Lessons from the ‘World’s Smartest Billionaire’. (A very inspiring individual)
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Lloyd Klickstein, M.D., Ph.D.: Rapamycin, mTOR inhibition, and the biology of aging.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe
By Deborah Gruenfeld
- The Alchemy of Us: How Humans and Matter Transformed One Another
By Ainissa Ramirez
- The Biggest Bluff: How I Learned to Pay Attention, Master Myself, and Win
By Maria Konnikova
- The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind
By Jonah Berger
- Clearer, Closer, Better: How Successful People See the World
By Emily Balcetis
? One Liners:
I like to hold hands at the movies… which always seems to startle strangers.
? Upcoming Events:
Ask Jim: Live Q&A Webinar
- An exclusive Q&A webinar with the Master Investor himself, Jim Mellon.
- Thursday July 30th, 1PM BST. Online.
- More information and registration HERE.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team