Welcome to the 61st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- China second quarter GDP growth slows to 27-year low, more stimulus expected.📉
- Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble. Good read.
- One of Warren Buffet’s favorite metrics is flashing red—a sign that corporate profits are due for a hit.
- What Brexit could mean for the US economy.
- China says it has US$726 billion pension fund surplus. (IBR calls serious BS)
- Foreign purchases of American homes plunge 36% as Chinese buyers flee the market. (China is unravelling and will be the spark that ignites the next recession – none of their numbers can be trusted.) 💣
- Raising the American weakling. Read more here. 💪
- The California coast is disappearing under the rising sea. Our choices are grim.
- This is Palantir’s top-secret user manual for cops.👮♀️
- Kanye’s second coming: Inside the billion-dollar Yeezy empire.
- The world’s highest-paid celebrities. Some big bucks.🤑
- “How Do People Get New Ideas?” A 1959 essay by Isaac Asimov on creativity. 🤔
- Elon Musk unveils Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ and a robot to insert them. 🧠
- Why did we wait so long for the bicycle?🚲
- After two decades of research and development, WA 38 lands this fall. It could disrupt an entire industry.🍎
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- I get asked a lot about longevity. It helps that I’m 104.👵
- Teens who spend more time on social media have increased depression.
- WHO declares Ebola outbreak an international health emergency.
- Is medicine overrated? Read more here.
- Why chia seeds are a superfood – but pose health risks for some.
- If we all ate enough fruits and vegetables, there’d be big shortages.🍍🥑
- How our bodies coddle cancer. Read about it here.
- Mother wrongly diagnosed with breast cancer has double mastectomy before doctors realise their mistake.
- Role of seizures in Alzheimer’s disease is gaining overdue attention.
- Barcelona is threatening to shut out tourists. 🛑
- “I flew too close to the sun. No question. Icarus”: Inside the epic fall of Michael Avenatti. (available on audio)
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Africa’s budding cannabis market. Read about it here. (OTC: WUHN)
- Move over kale and spinach, cannabis is the new superfood.
- Psychedelic mental health treatment expected to be approved in Australia within five years.
- Strict edibles guidelines could bog down nascent industry.
- ‘Hell, now the stuff is almost legal.’ Florida’s pot smugglers profit from weed — again.
- Seeking the magic mushroom. (This article was published in LIFE Magazine June 10, 1957)
- Psilocybin 101: Could “magic mushrooms” help with anxiety, depression and addiction. (At Wuhan, we certainly think so) OTC:WUHN
- Manny Pacquiao defeats Keith Thurman on points in stunning victory to reclaim world title at 40. 🥊
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Mnuchin says Treasury will ensure bitcoin doesn’t become ‘Swiss-numbered bank accounts’.
- Gene Munster: Netflix’s best days are behind it. (We agree, $125 target NASDAQ: NFLX) 📉
- Gold slips from 6-year top on profit-taking, still up for the week. 📈
- Profit soars for Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) fuelled by cloud, business services. 📈
- Bitcoin trading at $10,500 US +-
- Brexit weakens pound to worst-performing major currency in the world. 📉
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR) – Private Placement for $3M.
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF) – Nudging northbound. 📈
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) 🍄🌿
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) – News here.
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) – Great news here. Expecting many more like this. 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Analogous adj. 1. Similar or alike in such a way as to permit the drawing of an analogy. “The brain and the Acme 1000 supercomputer are analogous to each other.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Canada has more doughnut shops per capita than any other country. 🍩
- The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy. 🏦
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Allison Schrager, co-founder of LifeCycle Finance Partners and author of “An Economist Walks into a Brothel: And Other Unexpected Places to Understand Risk.” Her work analyzes the world through a lens of risk-analysis and management. Great listen!
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World –
- Alpha Girls: The Women Upstarts Who Took On Silicon Valley’s Male Culture and Made the Deals of a Lifetime – Julian Guthrie
- Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders? (And How to Fix It) – Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Have an event you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Eleven IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)