Welcome to the 113th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- ‘Americans were interfering in China’s domestic affairs’: Beijing justifies closing US Chengdu consulate.
- The world’s most technologically sophisticated genocide is happening in Xinjiang.
- No MILFs, No Squirting, No Gang Bangs: How the porn industry is changing during COVID-19.
- How Nespresso’s coffee revolution got ground down. ☕
- Marmalade: A very British obsession.
- A&E sees viewership drop 49% after canceling live PD. ?♂️
- Regis Philbin, iconic US TV host, dies aged 88. ?
- Peter Green: Fleetwood Mac co-founder dies aged 73. ?
- The Tower of London’s famous Beefeaters are facing redundancy due to the pandemic.
- UK suspends extradition treaty with Hong Kong.
- Reimagining the future of skills: what do young people think?
- US lottery jackpot shared after 1992 handshake. ?
- More than half the restaurants closed due to the pandemic are shut down for good, Yelp says.
- How Gödel’s proof works.
- IBR Success Sunday – Narayana Murthy.
- Two US astronauts to come home on SpaceX ship on August 2. ?
- KFC is working with a Russian 3D bioprinting firm to try to make lab-produced chicken nuggets. (both fascinating and disgusting)
- Battery breakthrough gives boost to electric flight and long-range electric cars. ?
- This new ultrahard material inspired by nature could make uncuttable bike locks. ?
- This Russian firm’s star designer is an AI—but no one knew that for a year.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Prostate cancer metastasis linked to revival of dormant molecular program.
- The real reason behind goosebumps.
- Astrophysicists fill in 11 billion years of the universe’s expansion history.
- COVID-19: Could your earliest symptoms predict how ill you’ll get?
- Over 10,000 health workers in Africa infected with Covid-19 amid lack of PPE and brace for surge in cases.
- Plant-based diet finally on the menu for patients on dialysis.
- These are the 4 effects COVID-19 can have on your brain.
- Why is obesity so common in COVID-19 patients?
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Congress approves measure allowing CBD use by Military Service Members.
- Researchers look into cannabis as a potential COVID-19 treatment.
- The growing evidence for Psilocybin-Facilitated smoking cessation.
- Psychedelics are making a wild comeback – let’s not eff it up.
- Psychedelic Women and Science: A history of exclusion.
- Magic mushrooms and the future of psychology.
- Psilocybin & OCD: Can psychedelics treat obsessive compulsive disorder?
- The growing evidence for psilocybin-facilitated smoking cessation.
- South Africa is trialling cannabis against Covid-19.
- United Soccer League signs a four-year sponsorship deal with a cannabis company. ⚽
- The Real Life Diet of Kilian Jornet, who dominates 100-mile ultra marathons and runs up the world’s highest mountains. ?♂️
- Tokyo 2020: Olympics delay forces some athletes to bid farewell to career without fulfilling Games dream.
- MLB expands playoffs to 16 teams for shortened 2020 season. ⚾
- Cherishing baseball’s return. ⚾
- A tense set of Premier League finales awaits. ⚽
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The Index Fund bubble – Should you be worried? ?
- Here’s why all of the S&P 500’s gains since April came after the market closed: JP Morgan.
- Tesla’s frothy $300 Billion valuation: The correction approaches.
- Behind Bill Ackman’s $4 Billion day.
- Gold and Silver on a roll: Listen to Eric Sprott.
- The battle for the electric automobile industry.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -0.8% to 26,470. S&P 500 -0.3% to 3,216. Nasdaq -1.3% to 10,363. Russell 2000 -0.3% to 1,468. CBOE Volatility Index +0.6% to 25.84.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.8%. Utilities +0.1%. Financials +1.3%. Telecom -1.1%. Healthcare -0.7%. Industrials -0.2%. Information Technology -1.5%. Materials +0.5%. Energy +2.1%. Consumer Discretionary +1.3%.
London -2.7% to 6,124. France -2.2% to 4,956. Germany -0.6% to 12,838. Japan +0.2% to 22,752. China -0.5% to 3,197. Hong Kong -1.5% to 24,705. India +3.% to 38,129.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.9% to $41.34/bbl. Gold +5.% to $1,900./oz. Natural Gas +4.5% to 1.796. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 139.55.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +2.%. USD/JPY -0.81%. GBP/USD +1.8%. Bitcoin +4.4%. Litecoin +9.5%. Ethereum +20.%. Ripple +3.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Milestone Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MIST) +133%. Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ:GNCA) +111%. Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABUS) +107%. Immuron (NASDAQ:IMRN) +102%. Mexco Energy (NYSEMKT:MXC) +99%.
Top Stock Losers
Ashford Hospitality Trust (NYSE:AHT) -40%. Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) -39%. Mogu ADR (NYSE:MOGU) -32%. WiMi Hologram Cloud (NASDAQ:WIMI) -31%. YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ:YRCW) -31%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.”
? Word Of The Week:
Egregious adj. Conspicuously bad or offensive. “The judge’s conduct was egregious.”
❔ Did You Know:
- The 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent 100 ways to cook an egg.????? Yes, that tall, pleated white hat that chefs wear — technically called a toque — has 100 folds for a reason! The pleats used to signify a chef’s level of experience, like the number of ways he or she knew how to prepare eggs.
- When we think of apples we think red, but when we think of apple flavored we think green.??
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Psychedelics and Mental Health: Harnessing the potential for change to end suffering. (fascinating advancements)???⚕️
- Dr. Matthew W. Johnson, one of the the world’s most published psychedelic medicine researchers and associate director of the renowned Johns Hopkins Psychedelic Research Unit.
? Books We Are Reading:
5 Books Elon Musk Thinks You Should Read:
- ‘Benjamin Franklin: An American Life‘ by Walter Isaacson
- ‘Structures: Or Why Things Don’t Fall Down‘ by J.E. Gordon
- ‘Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies‘ by Nick Bostrom
- ‘Our Final Invention‘ by James Barrat
- ‘Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence‘ by Max Tegmark
? One Liners:
I asked the doctor doing my prostate exam where I should put my pants. “Next to mine” was not the answer I was expecting…
? Upcoming Events:
Ask Jim: Live Q&A Webinar
- An exclusive Q&A webinar with the Master Investor himself, Jim Mellon.
- Thursday July 30th, 1PM BST. Online.
- More information and registration HERE.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team