Welcome to the 62nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Boris Johnson meets his destiny as new UK PM.
- “It’s just astonishing to see”: Puerto Ricans unite in call to have embattled governor resign.
- The stock-buyback swindle. American corporations are spending trillions of dollars to repurchase their own stock.
- China’s biggest private sector company is betting its future on data.
- Toronto’s astonishing growth: most Americans understand the scale of what’s going on in Toronto. ?
- Al Franken: A close look at the accusations against the former senator.
- French submarine missing since 1968 located in Mediterranean.
- The 101 people, ideas and things changing how we work today.
- Tesla’s attacks on whistleblowers and critics aren’t stopping more from coming forward with new allegations.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How our brains decide when to trust. More here.?
- A former Minnesota ER doctor leads one of America’s largest marijuana companies.
- Decoding the neuroscience of consciousness.
- DEA tracked every opioid pill sold in the US. The data is out—and it’s horrific. ?
- The very small world of VC. The people who bet big on disruptive technologies have a lot in common.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Study explores how different marijuana extracts kill types of cancer cells.
- The cannabis opportunity. Good read.
- As Europe’s cannabis industry opens up, established Canadian companies are pouncing.
- How psychedelics saved my life. Investigative journalist Amber Lyon. (great story)
- Golf’s not-so-secret fascination with CBD oil. ?️♂️
- CBD and genetic testing provide hope for ‘intractable’ epilepsy in children.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Ray Dalio says gold will be a top investment during upcoming ‘paradigm shift’ for global markets.
- China kicks off new Shanghai tech board as it tests new ways to improve volatile stock market. And here.
- David Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital said the firm’s short bet against Tesla was a “significant” winner in the second quarter.
- ‘Doesn’t Pass the Smell Test’: Investors question recent developments at WeWork ahead of IPO. (WeWork business model only works in good economic times, insanely overvalued)
- BYND short squeeze.?
- CannTrust chaos continues with ousting of CEO, chairman resignation. (no need to be involved in this – yet.)
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny. – Aristotle
? Word Of The Week:
- Circuitous adj. Being or taking a roundabout, lengthy course: “He took a circuitous route to avoid traffic.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Bananas, cucumbers, kiwis are all classed as berries. Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are not. ??
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- An excellent TEDMED talk about psilocybin. Must watch. ?
- Conversation with John Hempton, Bronte Capital. (one of the best short sellers)
? Books We Are Reading:
- How Change Happens – Duncan Green
- Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less – Michael Hyatt
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Have an event or a company you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Eleven IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)