Welcome to the 212th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
I’m here in Dubai, week #2.
I stress again, UAE is/will be the #1 economic force of the world for the next few decades. Position yourself accordingly. 📈
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Woke Trudeau, Ireland issue Emission Restrictions for farmers, similar to Netherlands.🚜
- Biden tests positive for COVID again.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un says he’s ready to fight US.
- Kenya’s election red flags in five essential reads.
- Woke economists in the Biden administration don’t care one whit about growth.
- Chinese dictator Xi Jinping called on Chinese citizens to maintain their “resolve” while Beijing undertakes a “great struggle” amid economic downturn in China.
- Billionaire investor Ray Dalio warns US can’t keep spending and bring down inflation.
- Actor Paul Sorvino, known for roles in ‘Goodfellas’ And ‘Law & Order,’ dies at 83.
- Leave It to Beaver star Tony Dow has died at age 77.
- Pioneering Star Trek actress Nichelle Nichols passes away at 89.
- Who knew a six-hour documentary about a Hollywood marriage would be so electrifying?
- Air Force includes drag show in woke ‘Diversity’ Festival at Langley.
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in Illinois in $1.3B jackpot.
- A plane of monkeys, a pandemic, and a botched deal: Inside the science crisis you’ve never heard of.
- Falling 25-ton Chinese rocket lands in Indian Ocean.
- Australian scientists discover superworms that digest styrofoam, offering hope for plastic waste management.
- DeepMind gave an AI ‘Intuition’ by training it like a baby.👶
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Green Tea Extract promotes gut health and lowers blood sugar.
- The discovery of new genetic signatures associated with age-related macular degeneration may lead to better diagnosis and treatment.
- The subthalamic nucleus in the brain communicates with the motor system to help the body stop an action, researchers confirm.🧠
- Study reveals cocoa powder reduces blood pressure and arterial stiffness, only when levels of both are elevated.
- Having a parent who experiences alcohol addiction increases the risk a person will become addicted to highly processed foods.
- Possible fraudulent images used in key Alzheimer’s study has misled research for years.
- The intensity of perceptual bias in specific views depends upon posture and the position of your neck.
- Antibiotics affect male and female gut microbiomes differently.
- Anti-inflammatory compound shows potential in treating patients with severe COVID-19.
- Science confirms turmeric as effective as 14 drugs.
- Researchers pinpoint a neurotransmitter that helps assign positive or negative emotions to a memory.
- The protein organization of a red blood cell.
- Under anesthesia, where do our minds go?
- Scientists make breakthrough in understanding serotonin receptors.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Highly potent weed creating marijuana addicts worldwide, study says.
- Zimbabwe okays medical cannabis sale for the first time.
- Senate Committee calls for marijuana, psychedelics and hemp reforms in draft spending legislation.
- What do we really know about the Russian roots of America’s biggest cannabis company?
- CBD may be effective for pain management after certain surgeries.
- The truth about depression: serotonin, SSRIs and psychedelics.
- Legalizing the trip: One ‘shroom advocate’s playbook. (listen)
- Beyond the Hype: A sober look at psychedelics.
- Zimbabwe OKs first medicinal cannabis sales.
- Milking the cannabis boom in Thailand.
- Magic mushrooms evolved to scramble insect brains, send them on wild, scary trips.
- Griner says she was denied adequate translation in Russian drug case.🏀
- Former Detroit Lions star football player dies at 56.🏈
- NBA legend Bill Russell dead at 88 years old.🏀
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Titanium Blockchain CEO pleads guilty to $21 million crypto fundraising scam.
Monday, August 1 – Builders FirstSource (BLDR), Avis Budget (CAR), Activision Blizzard (ATVI), Pinterest (PINS), and Simon Properties (SPG).
Tuesday, August 2 – BP (BP), Marathon Petroleum (MPC), Caterpillar (CAT), JetBlue Airways (JBLU), Uber (UBER), Starbucks (SBUX), PayPal (PYPL), AMD (AMD), Gilead Sciences (GILD), and Airbnb (ABNB).
Wednesday, August 3 – CVS Health (CVS), Yum Brands (YUM), AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC), McKesson (MCK), Energy Transfer (ET), MGM Resorts (MGM), and eBay (EBAY).
Thursday, August 4 – Alibaba (BABA), Cigna (CI), ConocoPhillips (COP), Paramount Global (PARA), Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY), Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD), Amgen (AMGN), and Block (SQ).
Friday, August 5 – Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT), Western Digital (WDC), AMC Networks (AMCX), DraftKings (DKNG) and Telus (TU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No new IPOs are expected to debut next week. A block of shares of Arcellx (ACLX) and Nuvectis Pharma (NASDAQ:NVCT) will roll off their IPO lockup period. Loop Media (OTCPK:LPTV) is slated to price a $12M follow-on offering.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +3.% to 32,845. S&P 500 +4.3% to 4,130. Nasdaq +4.7% to 12,391. Russell 2000 +4.9% to 1,887. CBOE Volatility Index -7.4% to 21.33.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.%. Utilities +7.1%. Financials +2.3%. Telecom -2.%. Healthcare +1.6%. Industrials +5.%. Information Technology +3.6%. Materials +2.6%. Energy +9.3%. Consumer Discretionary +4.3%.
London +2.% to 7,423. France +3.7% to 6,449. Germany +1.7% to 13,484. Japan -0.4% to 27,802. China -0.5% to 3,253. Hong Kong -2.2% to 20,157. India +2.7% to 57,570.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +3.8% to $98.3/bbl. Gold +2.1% to $1,764./oz. Natural Gas +1.1% to 8.286. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 2.658.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.14%. USD/JPY -2.1%. GBP/USD +1.45%. Bitcoin +5.9%. Litecoin +8.4%. Ethereum +10.%. XRP +1.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Enphase Energy (ENPH) +34%. SolarEdge Technologies (SEDG) +25%. Constellation Energy (CEG) +22%. United Rentals (URI) +18%. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) +16%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) -16%. Cincinnati Financial (CINF) -12%. Comcast (CMCSA) -12%. Newmont (NEM) -12%. Baxter International (BAX) -11%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” African Proverb
📖 Word Of The Week:
Brouhaha is a synonym of uproar and hubbub and can mean “a noisy confusion of sound” or “state of commotion.
”A brouhaha erupted over the bill, even though the opposing party stood to gain just as much from its passage.”
❔ Did You Know:
Four cars come to a four-way stop, all coming from different directions. They can’t decide who got there first, so they all go forward at the same time. They do not crash into each other, but all four cars go. How is this possible? 🚗🚗🚗🚗🛑
They all made right-hand turns
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Servant: A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership – by James C. Hunter.
Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World – by Rachel Ignotofsky.
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel – by Rolf Potts.
- The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History – by John M. Barry.
- The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything – by Paul Vigna and Michael Casey.
“It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do.” – Anonymous🏌️♂️
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The neuroscience of obesity | Stephan Guyenet, Ph.D. ⬅️(Fascinating and so important.) Watch and/or listen.🎞️👂
- Masters in Business: Barry Ritholtz interviews Graham Weaver, founder and CEO of Alpine Investors, a private equity firm that invests in software and services. Listen here.👂
- “There’s a tremendous potential in psychedelics to relieve human suffering” – Michael Pollan. Watch it here.📽️
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SECTOR FOCUS:
Going for Gold
Join us on 21st September for a webinar focused on gold. With global uncertainty has come a renewed interest in the precious metal and we’ll discuss the gold outlook with major investor, Jim Mellon. Master Investor will host four gold companies with exciting projects in development to help keep our investors ahead of the curve.
21 September 2022 | London | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Jeff will be in Dubai from July 25th to August 6th.
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.