Welcome to the 59th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The new left economics: how a network of thinkers is transforming capitalism.
- Inside the geeky, quirky and wildly succesful world of Quant shop Two Sigma.
- Nirmala Sitharaman India’s first full-time woman finance minister to present her first budget.
- Deutsche Bank, a pillar of European finance, unveils radical restructuring. It will cut 18,000 jobs.
- The deputy mayor of Paris says tourist buses are “no longer welcome”. ?
- China Muslims: Xinjiang schools used to separate children from families.
- Southern California has been struck by its strongest earthquake in two decades, causing damage and fires.
- Famed auto executive Lee Iacocca dies at 94. (his book, Iacocca: An Autobiography is a must read – see link below)
- Full coverage: 2nd major quake in two days hits Southern California.
- About one in three Americans think they have 5G. ?
- Could lab-grown brains develop consciousness? ?
- This radical new DNA microscope reimagines the cellular world.?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The boy was dying. Zebrafish helped save his life. Very cool.?
- Why are we afraid of sharks? There’s a scientific explanation.?
- In 15 years we’ll be able to upload education to our brains. ??
- Common scents don’t always make the best perfumes, suggests mathematical study.
- For smart animals, octopuses are very weird.?
- Rolling Stones know what you need: an annuity.
- Troubling business of Bounty Hunting. Read about it.
- Millennials are finally getting the giant roll of toilet paper they deserve. (too funny)
- Tutankhamun head fetches millions at UK auction despite Egypt’s protests.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- ‘Significant milestone’ as Ireland launches 5-year medical marijuana trial.?
- The Cannabis Debate: 63 percent of Londoners think UK should follow Canada and make drug legal.
- The University of Maryland is launching a Graduate Degree in Cannabis. ??(now that’s higher education)
- How big data and AI help drive the cannabis industry.
- What Mark Twain can teach us about the weed industry.
- Cannabis could be an effective treatment for Fibromyalgia patients.
- The Martian, the Yankees’ $5 million, 16-year-old international coup.
- Shaquille O’Neal discusses investing, franchising, and donuts. (did you know Shaq has a PhD)???
- Sports must embrace pot, says former basketball pro.??
- USA beat Netherlands 2-0 to win fourth Women’s World Cup title.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc (TSXV: THRM) Continues Testing of TherOZap(TM) Technology Against the Zika Virus.
- City View Green (CSE: CVGR) Announces Proposed $3,000,000 Private Placement.
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan (OTC: WUHN) Provides Updates on Corporate, Psilocybin and Cannabis Q3 2019 Milestones.
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC:F LCX) Ups Its Game in the Customer Feedback Space With Disruptive New Features on Gripevine.com.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.”
- “I hire people brighter than me and then I get out of their way.”
- Both quotes above from Lee Iacocca. RIP.
? Word Of The Week:
- Antithesis n.pl. 1. Direct contrast; opposition. 2. The direct or exact opposite. “Hope is the antithesis of despair.”
❔ Did You Know:
- A tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
- On this day in history: July 07, 1947 Roswell UFO sighting. An object crashed into a ranch near Roswell, New Mexico raising speculations that the object was an extraterrestrial spacecraft containing alien life forms. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Life Hacks from Marcus Aurelius: How Stoicism Can Help Us – Listen Here. (Buy the book below)
? Books We Are Reading:
- Iacocca: An Autobiography – Lee Iacocca (A must read!)
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius – Donald Robertson
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Have an event you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Eight IBR subscribers have now signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)