Welcome to the 59th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
• Greek general election: Five issues that matter.
• Why would Trump want a trade war with India?
• UK’s next prime minister will be chosen by 0.2% of the nation.
• The new left economics: how a network of thinkers is transforming capitalism.
• Inside the geeky, quirky and wildly succesful world of Quant shop Two Sigma.
• Nirmala Sitharaman India’s first full-time woman finance minister to present her first budget.
• Deutsche Bank, a pillar of European finance, unveils radical restructuring. It will cut 18,000 jobs.
• The deputy mayor of Paris says tourist buses are “no longer welcome”. 🚌
• China Muslims: Xinjiang schools used to separate children from families.
• Southern California has been struck by its strongest earthquake in two decades, causing damage and fires.
• Famed auto executive Lee Iacocca dies at 94. (his book, Iacocca: An Autobiography is a must read – see link below)
• Full coverage: 2nd major quake in two days hits Southern California.
• About one in three Americans think they have 5G. 🤔
• Could lab-grown brains develop consciousness? 🧠
• This radical new DNA microscope reimagines the cellular world.🔬
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
• The boy was dying. Zebrafish helped save his life. Very cool.🐟
• Why are we afraid of sharks? There’s a scientific explanation.🦈
• In 15 years we’ll be able to upload education to our brains. 👩🎓
• Common scents don’t always make the best perfumes, suggests mathematical study.
• For smart animals, octopuses are very weird.🐙
• Rolling Stones know what you need: an annuity.
• Troubling business of Bounty Hunting. Read about it.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
• ‘Significant milestone’ as Ireland launches 5-year medical marijuana trial.🍀
• The Cannabis Debate: 63 percent of Londoners think UK should follow Canada and make drug legal.
• The University of Maryland is launching a Graduate Degree in Cannabis. 👩🎓(now that’s higher education)
• How big data and AI help drive the cannabis industry.
• What Mark Twain can teach us about the weed industry.
• Cannabis could be an effective treatment for Fibromyalgia patients.
• The Martian, the Yankees’ $5 million, 16-year-old international coup.
• Shaquille O’Neal discusses investing, franchising, and donuts. (did you know Shaq has a PhD)🏀👨🎓
• Sports must embrace pot, says former basketball pro.🏀🌿
• USA beat Netherlands 2-0 to win fourth Women’s World Cup title.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
• Therma Bright Inc (TSXV: THRM) Continues Testing of TherOZap(TM) Technology Against the Zika Virus.
• City View Green (CSE: CVGR) Announces Proposed $3,000,000 Private Placement.
• Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
• Wuhan (OTC: WUHN) Provides Updates on Corporate, Psilocybin and Cannabis Q3 2019 Milestones.
• Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
• FlooidCX Corp (OTC:F LCX) Ups Its Game in the Customer Feedback Space With Disruptive New Features on Gripevine.com.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
• “We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.”
• “I hire people brighter than me and then I get out of their way.”
Both quotes above from Lee Iacocca. RIP.
📖 Word Of The Week:
• Antithesis n.pl. 1. Direct contrast; opposition. 2. The direct or exact opposite. “Hope is the antithesis of despair.”
❔ Did You Know:
• A tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
• On this day in history: July 07, 1947 Roswell UFO sighting. An object crashed into a ranch near Roswell, New Mexico raising speculations that the object was an extraterrestrial spacecraft containing alien life forms.🚀
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
• Life Hacks from Marcus Aurelius: How Stoicism Can Help Us – Listen Here. (Buy the book below)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
• Iacocca: An Autobiography – Lee Iacocca (A must read!)
• How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius – Donald Robertson
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
• Have an event you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗
The IBR Team
P.S. Eight IBR subscribers have now signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
• N26 – www.n26.com
• Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)