Welcome to the 205th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
The national average price at the pump has surpassed $5.00 per gallon.🤔
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Biden throws Zelensky under the bus: Ukraine leader ‘Brushed Off’ invasion warnings. ⚠️
- Key moments from Jan. 6 committee’s video of the riot. 🎞
- Major breakthrough as US senators devise framework, in principle, to crack down on gun massacres. 🔫
- Japan “gifts” the development of Philippines’ first-ever subway – a big deal for the country plagued by traffic congestion. 🚇
- Rwanda gets ready to receive first migrants from UK deportation scheme. 🇷🇼
- CFOs say a recession is inevitably coming next year, CNBC survey shows (well done Joe 👏). 📉
- Downtown S.F. on the brink: It’s worse than it looks. 😬
- Consumer sentiment cratered in early June to the lowest on record as inflation accelerated to the worst level in 41-years. 🤯
- Biden says Exxon ‘Made More Money Than God This Year,’ blames them for gas price spike. ⛽️
- Yellen admits error on inflation; she was wrong that it was ‘transitory’ – says the administration is doing all it can to fight inflation. 🤷♂️
- China’s May vehicle sales fall 12.6%, industry body says. 🚙
- Dubai is ranked the most overworked city in the world — but expats say the perks of living there make it worth it. (my favorite city in the world for doing business). 🤑
- Experts restore historic synagogues in Europe’s first Jewish ghetto: Venice. 🕍
- Norway’s national museum and new home for ‘The Scream’ opens in Oslo. 🇳🇴
- Renaissance Masterpiece found hanging in a 90-year-old woman’s London bedroom. 🖼
- Drought in Iraq reveals 3,400-year-old city. 🛖
- Artists map Russia’s regions in Folk Embroidery. 🗺
- If we can only break through the awkwardness barrier, striking up conversations at random is the cheapest form of therapy there is. 🗣
- Plastic on Australia’s beaches has decreased by almost one-third. 🇦🇺
- Why great things never came from comfort zones. 🛋
- Cape Town is the baby-making capital of the world. 👶
- CNN ratings collapse, Fox News dominates again. 📰
- Stone found in Egypt in 1996 offers clues about supernovas. 🇪🇬
- Insurers Geico ordered to pay a woman who caught STD having sex in car $5.2 million. 🔞
- Washington Post fired reporter Felicia Sonmez after she complained about paper’s handling of alleged mistreatment of female staffers. 🥾
- Buy now, pay later: Apple will now lend you money to keep you spending and expand its empire, 💳
- A self-driving truck will soon deliver goods to 34 locations in Dallas-Fort Worth. 🚛
- How artificial intelligence ‘blew up’ tennis. 🎾
- All these images were generated by Google’s latest text-to-image AI. 👾
- Machine learning pioneer Andrew Ng argues that focusing on the quality of data fueling AI systems will help unlock its full power. 🦾
- Scientists 3D-print a functional piece of a heart. 🫀
- Quantum chip takes microseconds to do a task supercomputer would spend 9,000 years on. 🖥
- When we’ll be able to 3D-print organs and who will be able to afford them. 🖨
- Researchers achieve ‘Absurdly Fast’ algorithm for network flow. 🌐
- Elon Musk sets legal grounds to kill $44 billion Twitter (NYSE; $TWTR) takeover. 🐦
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- 4 things that age the brain and 6 ways to reverse brain aging. 🧠
- 17 pictures that show how mind-bogglingly large the Universe is. 🔭
- NASA is sending slices of human skin to the ISS for a perturbing reason. 👽
- Diversity in genetic research is vital to enhance the treatment of chronic diseases in Africa. 🧬
- ‘Great Optimism’ over complete responses in dMMR rectal cancer. 🧪
- Promising anticancer molecule identified. ⚛️
- Traditional native Indian medicine is effective in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. 🇮🇳
- Beetroot boosts sporting performance in athletes. 🏃♀️
- Immune protein may drive alcoholism relapse. 🥃
- Saudi Arabia to invest $1 billion a year on aging ‘cure’. 👵🏻
- Researchers have identified an area of the brain that appears to play a role in native realism and how we construct our own versions of reality. 👩🔬
- Probiotics can support the effects of antidepressants to help relieve symptoms of depression. ✅
- Why do we lose muscle strength with age? 💪
- Mitochondria and the origin of eukaryotes. 🧫
- Nutrients and exercise affect tumor development. 🏋️♀️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cashing in on the high end of budding cannabis tourism. ✈️
- Overdoses went through the roof after Oregon voted to decriminalize all drugs. 👩⚖️
- NBA star Isiah Thomas on how his dream of making hemp cars is coming to life: All plastics will be made from cannabis. 🌿
- Thailand just decriminalized cannabis. But you still can’t smoke joints. 🇹🇭
- Denver Broncos reach sale agreement; Price tag is $4.65 billion. 🏈
- PGA Tour suspends 17 golfers, including Phil Mickelson, for playing in Saudi-backed LIV event. ⛳️
- $4.75 millsion: Schwartzel wins richest golf event amid Saudi outcry. 🏌️♂️
- Portugal 2-0 Czech Republic: Two goals in five minutes bursts Czechs bubble in Lisbon. ⚽️
- Toyota secure fifth consecutive victory as fans flock to Le Mans 24 Hours. 🏎
- Late Evans goal completes Northern Ireland comeback in Cyprus 2-2 draw. ⚽️
- Real Madrid wrap up €100 million Aurélien Tchouaméni signing on six-year deal. 💰
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- BuzzFeed (NASDAQ: $BZFD) shares tanked 41% after initial investors were allowed to sell. 📉
- Bank of Jamaica to launch a nationwide digital currency. 🪙
- Rolls-Royce (LSE: $RR) expecting approval for Small Nuclear Reactor by 2024. ☢️
- London Metal Exchange hit by $450 million lawsuit over nickel market cornering. 💰
- Miracle cures and murder for hire: Enochian Biosciences (NASDAQ: $ENOB). 🧬
Monday, June 13 – Oracle (NYSE:ORCL).
Tuesday, June 14 – Planet Labs (PL), Li-Cycle Holdings (LICY), and Sprinklr (CXM).
Wednesday, June 15 – John Wiley & Sons (WLY).
Thursday, June 16 – Adobe (ADBE), Kroger (KR), and Jabil (JBL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Connexa Sports Technologies is expected to start trading on June 14. The connected sports company aims to build a direct connection to consumers with products and technologies, while also building out the infrastructure to enhance automated production live-streaming, fan engagement and monetization opportunities. Quiet period expirations for Visionary Education Technology Holdings Group (VEDU) and Okyo Pharma (OKYO) on June 13 to free up analysts to post ratings. There are also IPO lockup periods expirations for blocks of shares of Samsara (NYSE:IOT), Arena Group (AREN), Genenta Science S.P.A (GNTA), and Fresh Vine Wine (VINE).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -4.6% to 31,393. S&P 500 -5.1% to 3,901. Nasdaq -5.6% to 11,340. Russell 2000 -4.4% to 1,800. CBOE Volatility Index +11.9% to 27.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -2.6%. Utilities -4.1%. Financials -6.8%. Telecom -4.1%. Healthcare -3.4%. Industrials -5.%. Information Technology -6.4%. Materials -5.8%. Energy -0.9%. Consumer Discretionary -6.1%.
London -2.9% to 7,318. France -4.6% to 6,187. Germany -4.8% to 13,762. Japan +0.2% to 27,824. China +2.8% to 3,285. Hong Kong +3.4% to 21,806. India -2.6% to 54,303.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.4% to $120.47/bbl. Gold +1.4% to $1,875.2/oz. Natural Gas +2.7% to 8.755. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.165.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.88%. USD/JPY +2.71%. GBP/USD -1.38%. Bitcoin -1.9%. Litecoin -9.6%. Ethereum -7.2%. XRP -1.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
The J. M. Smucker (SJM) +5%. Valero Energy (VLO) +4%. Brown-Forman (BF.B) +3%. Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) +3%. The Kraft Heinz (KHC) +3%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) -19%. Carnival Corporation & plc (CCL) -18%. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) -16%. Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) -15%. Expedia Group (EXPE) -13%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”No man becomes rich, unless he enriches others.” – Andrew Carnegie
📖 Word Of The Week:
Intelligible | uhn·teh·luh·juh·bl |, adjective – able to be understood; “Comprehensible: use vocabulary that is intelligible to your audience” | “A barely intelligible reply”.
❔ Did You Know:
The actors who voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse got married in real life.
Russi Taylor (Minnie) and Wayne Allwine (Mickey) got married in 1991. 🤵♂️👰♀️
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Girl, Woman, Other – by Bernardine Evaristo
- Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction – by Derek Thompson
- Fleishman is in Trouble – by Taffy Brodesser-Akner (Wildfire, £18.99)
- Three Women – by Lisa Taddeo
- On the Red Hill: Where Four Lives Fell Into Place – by Mike Parker
“If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- A.I. just designed an enzyme that eats plastic.
- Patrick Collison, CEO, and co-founder of Stripe, shares wise insights on success, failure, management, decision making, learning and so much more.
- This week, Barry Ritholtz interviews Mark Mobius, known as “the Godfather of Emerging Markets.”
📆 Upcoming Events:
Fierce Biotech NextGen 🧬
A flood of interest in Alzheimer’s research. A flurry of action in AI-enabled drug discovery. Payers coming to grips with pricey cell and gene therapies. And a cadre of drugmakers looking to go carbon-neutral as DEI measures come to the fore.
June 29-30, 2022 | Fierce Biotech NextGen virtual event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.