Welcome to the 57th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
Happy Fathers Day! 🎉
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- The $22 trillion question. What is it? 💳
- China economy slump continue, with industrial growth lowest in 17 years. 📉
- Meet the British mobile banks showing the US how it’s done. 📱
- People don’t actually know themselves very well. Read why here.
- The restaurant owner who asked for 1-star Yelp reviews. ⭐
- 100 most creative people in business 2019. See the list here.
- Is there a right and a wrong way to go about such self-reflection?
- Barcelona’s radical plan to take back streets from cars. 🚗 (we
- Why Craigslist’s founder is funding a new online data privacy initiative. Very cool and useful.
- You probably haven’t heard of Nubank. But it could be a $10 billion company.
- Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Trends Report.
- Regulating Big Tech: Is a day of reckoning coming? Read or listen here.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- When kids are vaccinated against chickenpox, they’re less likely to get shingles, too. 💉
- Pneumonia mapped in largest genomic survey of any disease-causing bacterium.
- Toronto hospital to use AI and data science to understand mental health better.
- Where in the world is ‘Salvator Mundi’? Kenny Schachter reveals the location of the lost $450 Million Leonardo. 🖼
- Some real news about fake news. Read about here.
- FBI probing why some U.S. tourists have died mysteriously in the Dominican Republic.
- The problem with mindfulness. Read about it here. 🧠
- A cognitive scientist explains why humans are so susceptible to fake news and misinformation.
- Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli dies at 96.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Jamaican scientist wants to revive extinct cannabis strain once smoked by Bob Marley.
- Is marijuana as safe as we think? Good read here.
- Will Canada follow Denver’s lead in decriminalizing magic mushrooms?
- Mike Tyson is opening a weed resort in the middle of the California desert?🥊+🌿
- The heady, thorny journey to decriminalize magic mushrooms.
- ‘They broke my mental shackles’: could magic mushrooms be the answer to depression?
- France to launch medical cannabis experiment in coming weeks.
- MDMA heads to Phase 3 trials for helping PTSD.
- Could California become the first state to decriminalize magic mushrooms?
- Requiem for a sports bettor. Some crazy stuff.
- The Blues erase a half century of hockey anguish in one night.🏒
- Inside Serena Williams’ plan to ace venture investing.
- Rafael Nadal’s unparalleled dominance of the French Open. 🎾
- The world’s highest-paid athletes. See the list here. 👟
- Toronto Raptors are kings of the NBA and the toast of Canada. 🏀🏆
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Billion Dollar Bully highlights why Yelp is unfair. Read about it here.
- Free Elon Musk! Has the SEC gone too far?
- How did WeWork’s Adam Neumann turn office space with “community” into a $47 billion company? (This business model works only in a vibrant economy)
- Meatless future or vegan delusions? The Beyond Meat valuation. ($BYND – excellent research)
- Ex-chemistry teacher Zhong Huijuan poised to become China’s third-richest woman after founding US$10.4 billion Hansoh Pharmaceutical Group. 🔬👩⚕️💰
- The short of it: Short interest on Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) is at 55.4% of total float vs. Uber (UBER) at 13.9%, while short interest has piled up to 45.4% position on Beyond Meat (BYND). Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) short interest is at 35.4% of float or about $9.74B in bets. That’s still below the $13.1B in short interest in Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) and $10.1B in Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), although the percentage of total float is only at 3.15% and 1.28% respectively for the tech giants. short
🎯 Stocks on our radar
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM) – Bid .03
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: $CVGR) Bid .10c
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF) – Bidding .07c patiently? Time to pay up 10c limit. Will be a very big winner. 📈🌿
- Wuhan General ($WUHN) – Step up and strap some on as things are heating up. 🔥
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) – Still time on this. Be patient, stay bid side .09c 🔬👩🔬
- FlooidCX Corp ($FLCX) – Found nice new level of support from which to bounce. Bid .17 whilst if fills in the gap.
💡Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Is there anyone so wise as to learn by the experience of others?” – Voltaire
- “The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.” – Voltaire
🤔 Word Of The Week:
- Hubris n. 1. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance. 2. A strong belief in a person’s own importance.
‘He was disciplined for his hubris.’
❓Did You Know:
- A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second. ⏲
- On this day in history: June 16th, 1963: Valentina Tereshkova becomes the first woman in space. The Soviet cosmonaut completed 48 orbits on board the spaceship “Vostok 6” before returning safely to Earth. The former textile worker was declared “Hero of the Soviet Union” and received the United Nations Gold Medal of Peace. 🚀
📽 Must Watch & Listen:
- Scott Galloway discusses the Algebra of Happiness (Podcast, a great listen)
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki at the Recode Conference last week.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell – Eric Schmidt
Based on interviews with people who knew and loved Bill Campbell, “Trillion Dollar Coach” explains his principles and illustrates them with stories from the many great people and companies with which he worked. The result is a blueprint for forward-thinking business leaders and managers that will help them create higher performing and faster moving cultures, teams, and companies.
- The Silk Roads: A New History of the World –
🤣 One Liners:
- I like to hold hands at the movies… which always seems to startle strangers. 👫
- Gambling addiction hotlines would do so much better if every fifth caller was a winner. 🎲
- Master Investor in focus: Investing in the European Cannabis & CBD Market
June 27, 2019 – London, England
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗
The IBR Team
P.S. Some real stories…
- IBR subscriber Melanie signed up as a host at Airbnb just last week and had her first booking for June for $ 580 US… What are you waiting for?
Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income. 💰
- Two online banks you should deal with:
N26 – www.n26.com
Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)
- Try Appear In for amazing video meetings: No login for guests! Use the discount code: PROFRIEND7843 to get 90% off the first month!
Sign up here: www.appear.in