Welcome to the 55th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Israel will hold new elections after Netanyahu fails to build coalition.
- The problem with Capitalism? We don’t have enough of it. 💰
- The radical plan to change how Harvard teaches economics. 🎓
- The race to replace Larry Fink, chairman and chief executive of BlackRock.
- China showing signs similar to Japanese housing bubble that led to its ‘lost decades’, expert warns. 📉 (150% agree with this)
- A new kind of company is revolutionising Africa’s gig economy.
- Modern Monetary Theory. Good read here.
- Why your brain hates other people. Read why.? 🧠
- Seneca on the one thing nature loans us that we cannot repay.
- This Latin phrase will change the way you manage problems.
- For Chinese scientists who immigrated to the U.S., where do their hearts and bodies belong?
- Can we revive empathy in our selfish world?
- Chaos, hope, change: stories from 70 years of the People’s Republic of China.
- The imminent revolution in how professional hockey is played and coached.🏒
- Pervasive intelligence, smart machines everywhere.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The Next Space Race: Bezos vs. Musk. 🚀
- Banned bread: Why does the US allow additives that Europe says are unsafe? 🍞
- ‘Ecstasy’ shows promise for post-traumatic stress treatment. 💊
- Firm evidence that ultra-processed food causes weight gain.
- New progress in Stem-Cell-Free Regenerative Medicine.
- How Persian ice cream found its way to the center of Los Angeles food culture. 🍨
- Tim Cook says his era has failed by over-debating climate change. 🌡
- Are you sure your favorite Japanese food isn’t a fake?
CANNABIS + MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- How the cannabis industry is revolutionizing the beverage sector. 🍺
- Government just made a massive change to South Africa’s cannabis laws. ($WUHN)
- Rise above it or drown: How elite NBA athletes handle pressure. 🏀
- Controversial penalty wills Liverpool onto UEFA Champions League trophy. ⚽
- Concussions in elite soccer not assessed according to expert recommendations. ⚽
- How Football Leaks is exposing corruption in European Soccer. ⚽ Read or listen here.
- RIP, Bart Starr was the toughest football player who ever lived.
- Shady numbers and bad business: Inside the esports bubble.
💰 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Hong Kong’s home sales continue to flop bigtime. 🏠
- The companies as big as entire countries’ stock markets.
- Stocks close at 3 month low, bond yields tumble, after Trump hits Mexico with tariffs.
- Uber’s ($UBER) path of destruction. 📉 (We continue to think Uber is grossly overvalued)
- The controversy over WeWork’s $47 billion valuation and impending IPO. (Stay away from this IPO, the valuation is Beyond Nuts) 📉
- Beyond Burgers sell out ‘Immediately’ at German Lidl stores, causes surge in company’s shares. (with such a small float ($BYND) will continue to perform well) 📈
📈 Stocks on our radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM).
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR) – Breakout to the upside is imminent.
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF) – Breakout to the upside is imminent.
- Wuhan General ($WUHN) – Continuing to look very good. If you like and believe in charts it doesn’t get any better.
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) is ready for round two. (A $1000 investment at our initial call of 0.03 is now worth over $90,000 in 4 years)
- flooidCX Corp ($FLCX) – Breaking out nicely.
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Quality is not an act, it is a habit.” – Aristotle
- “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” – Pericles
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Innocuous adj. 1. Having no adverse effect; harmless. 2. Not likely to offend or provoke to strong emotion; insipid. “The innocuous looking email actually contained a virus.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know Shakespeare invented more than 1,700 words? A few examples: moonbeam, laughable, eyeball, bump, puking, champion, bedroom, excitement, and zany.
- On this day in history: June 02, 1953 Queen Elizabeth II was formally crowned as The Queen in England.
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Thomas Lin discusses deep science. Brilliant listen.
- Considered one of the founding fathers of cannabinoid research whose work is covered in the documentary, “The Scientist,” Mechoulam has published hundreds of articles on medical cannabis, endocannabinoids, and CBD, advocating for CBD’s anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, and neuroprotective benefits. In 1980 Mechoulam and his colleagues found CBD decreased seizures in epileptic patients. Watch the 1 hour documentary here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Say Nothing: A True Story Of Murder and Memory In Northern Ireland – Patrick Radden Keefe
- Charged: The New Movement to Transform American Prosecution and End Mass Incarceration – Emily Bazelon
- The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming – David Wallace-Wells
👍 Feel Good Sunday:
🐦 One Liners:
- Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
- How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
- Why do hot dogs come 10 to a package and hot dog buns only 8? 🌭
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor in focus: Investing in the European Cannabis & CBD Market
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 😊
The IBR Team