Welcome to the 206th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Father’s Day! 🤗
And, Happy Juneteenth National Independence Day. 🇺🇸
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- W.H.O. admits lockdowns resulted in dramatic rise in mental health problems.🧠
- Senators tack $45 billion onto Biden’s defense budget. 🪖
- Sara Duterte, daughter of outgoing President Rodrigo Duterte, sworn in as Philippines vice president, calls for unity after a divisive election. 🇵🇭
- More than 200 killed in Ethiopia’s Oromia region in deadliest attack against civilians yet. 🇪🇹🙏
- Putin’s Health: Little is known about the health of a leader whose medical condition is fundamental to the future of Europe. 🩺
- Five factors at play as newly re-elected Macron struggles for overall majority in French parliamentary election. 🇫🇷
- Cost of living protests held across Ireland as inflation reaches four-decade high. 🇮🇪
- Fed officials see lower growth and higher unemployment, inflation, and interest rates. 📊
- Russia exports record 8.42 million tons of Oil to China in May. 🛢
- Why is China’s inflation rate low compared to the US, Europe, and Britain? 🇨🇳
- Indonesia looks to Singapore to offload its surplus chickens. 🐓
- Global food prices soar as Russia’s Ukraine invasion halts grain exports. ⛽️
- Many younger baby boomers may outlive their 401(k) savings, new research finds. 👵🏻
- U.S. budget deficit shrinks to $66 billion in May. 💰
- The country calling 2022 the ‘year of coffee’. ☕
- With Saudi Arabia’s new social reform plan the local art scene is booming with a plethora of cultural initiatives. 🖼
- Miss Universe insists ‘Not All People who menstruate are women’ (more insanity). 🤦♂️
- The Rolling Stones canceled a show in Amsterdam on Monday after lead singer Mick Jagger tested positive for COVID-19. 🎙
- In 1885, Angelo Moriondo of Turin, Italy patented the first machine that used steam pressure to brew beans. ☕
- Trove of 13,000 artifacts sheds light on enigmatic Chinese Civilization. 🇨🇳
- Doug Casey on why woke corporations will go broke. 🧘♀️
- Justin Bieber: What is Ramsay Hunt syndrome, the condition affecting the singer? 🤔
- Man who was once afraid of heights prepares for world-record bungee jump. 😱
- British Home Secretary Priti Patel has approved the extradition of WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange to the United States. 🔄
- ‘If you work hard and succeed, you’re a loser’: Can you really wing it to the top? 💼
- A terrifying Olive Oil shortage could be in the future. 🫒
- 26 types of honey explained. 🍯
- Nollywood invests in young talent with international ambition. 🎬
- Scientists using 3D printing technology to improve nutritional supplements. 🖨
- Physicists discover elusive new particle through tabletop experiment. ⚛️
- Samsung owns up to mistake after using iPhone photos in promotion. 📱
- Can algorithms speak? And should their opinions be protected? 🎭
- Google engineer put on leave after declaring AI chatbot has become sentient: “like a sweet kid who just wants the world to be a better place”. 🤖
- Can we time travel? A theoretical physicist provides some answers. ⏱
- Physicists build an atom laser that can stay on forever. ☢️
- High-speed moving fusion plasma turbulence discovered for the first time in the World. 💡
- New composite materials with highly tunable electrical and physical properties. ⚡️
- Deep underground experiment results confirm anomaly: Possible new fundamental physics. 🔬
- SpaceX achieves incredible feat of 3 launches in 36 hours. 🚀
- After hacking millions of devices, DoJ operation shuts down RSocks botnet. 🔌
- Advocacy group asks Meta to add Facebook relationship options for non-monogamists. 🧐
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Chocolate for a leaner, longer life. 🍫
- The big idea: Have we been getting sleep all wrong? 🛌
- Research may reveal why people can suddenly become frail in their 70s. 🔬
- Nutritionists, gut health experts weigh in on TikTok Olive Oil trend. 🫒
- This 715-song playlist is scientifically verified to give you the chills, thanks to “frisson”. 🎶
- Ketogenic diet helps mouse muscle stem cells survive stress. 💪
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen are used to treat chronic pain. What if they cause it? 💊
- Genes reveal coffee is safe during pregnancy. 🤰
- Existing cancer therapy demonstrates a significant effect on other cancers. 👩🔬
- A pilot immunotherapy trial is one step on a long road toward curing cancer. 🥳
- Did scientists stumble upon a universal cancer treatment innate to the human body? 🧬
- Observations of faraway planets have forced a near-total rewrite of the story of how our solar system came to be. 🪐
- It’s time to throw out stereotypes on aging. 🚮
- How animals perceive the world. 🐰
- Girl’s case of lupus leads to new understanding of a perplexing disease. 🔬
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Can psychedelics improve scientific creativity? 🍄
- Exploring how VR could be used in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. 🌿
- CBD foods get early look from Thai firms anticipating cannabis changes. 🇹🇭
- Canadian cannabis company Zenabis Global files for creditor protection. 💰
- Taylor and Tyler Rogers may have the exact same DNA, but they throw the ball very differently. ⚾
- Inside the Warriors’ long-awaited return to glory. 🏀
- Russian tennis player, Natela Dzalamidze, changes nationality to avoid Wimbledon ban. 🎾
- Liverpool and Bayern Munich reach €41 million deal for Sadio Mane. 💰
- Transgender women swimmers barred from female competitions by FINA (finally some sanity). 🏊♀️
- Matt Fitzpatrick got his major moment on last hole of the 2022 U.S. Open. ⛳️
- Bruce Buck to step down as Chelsea chairman following Todd Boehly takeover. ⚽️
- ‘It was Real Madrid or nothing’: Antonio Rudiger on turning down Barcelona. 🇪🇸
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Blockchain.com CEO on crypto winter: We’re now entering ‘Despair’. 😭
- Is SoFi Technology ($SOFI) undervalued? 📈
- Down 70%, is Marqeta ($MQ), the Fintech payment processing stock a buy? 💳
- Goldman sees S&P500 tumbling to 3150 when recession hits. 🐻
Tuesday, June 21– Lennar (NYSE:LEN) and La-Z-Boy (LZB).
Wednesday, June 22 – Winnebago (WGO), KB Home (KBH) and H.B. Fuller (FUL).
Thursday, June 23 – Accenture (NYSE:ACN), FedEx (FDX), Darden Restaurants (DRI), Rite Aid (RAD), Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI), and Blackberry (BB).
Friday, June 24 – CarMax (KMX).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Mobilicom (MOB) is expected to start trading on June 23. The Israeli tech company provides a range of autonomous system control and related cybersecurity technologies. Moilicom plans to offer 2.2M American Depositary Shares, with each ADS representing 150 ordinary shares, at the assumed price of $4.65 per ADS. Quiet period ends on Singing Machine (NASDAQ:MICS) to free up analysts to post ratings.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -4.8% to 29,889. S&P 500 -5.8% to 3,675. Nasdaq -4.8% to 10,798. Russell 2000 -7.5% to 1,666. CBOE Volatility Index +12.2% to 31.13.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -4.4%. Utilities -9.2%. Financials -4.9%. Telecom -4.6%. Healthcare -4.5%. Industrials -5.8%. Information Technology -4.9%. Materials -8.3%. Energy -17.2%. Consumer Discretionary -5.5%.
London -4.1% to 7,016. France -4.9% to 5,883. Germany -4.6% to 13,126. Japan -6.7% to 25,963. China +1.% to 3,317. Hong Kong -3.4% to 21,075. India -5.4% to 51,360.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -8.4% to $110.48/bbl. Gold -1.8% to $1,841.9/oz. Natural Gas -20.9% to 7.005. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.231.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.14%. USD/JPY +0.4%. GBP/USD -0.72%. Bitcoin -28.3%. Litecoin -8.4%. Ethereum -29.5%. XRP -10.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
FedEx (FDX) +11%. The Boeing (BA) +8%. Duke Realty (DRE) +3%. Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) +3%. Biogen (BIIB) +2%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Coterra Energy (CTRA) -23%. Schlumberger (SLB) -22%. Halliburton (HAL) -22%. Devon Energy (DVN) -22%. EOG Resources (EOG) -21%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.” – Aristotle
📖 Word Of The Week:
Vexillology | vex·il·lol·o·g |, mass noun – “the study of flags” is a compound of the Latin noun vexillum “flag” and the combining form -logy, which indicates the study of a subject and is of Ancient Greek origin.
❔ Did You Know:
The last letter added to the English alphabet was ‘J’. The letter dates back to 1524, and before that, the letter ‘i’ was used for both the ‘i’ and ‘j’ sounds.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Say Nothing: A True Story Of Murder and Memory In Northern Ireland – by Patrick Radden Keefe.
- Wealth Secrets of the One Percent – by Sam Wilkin.
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life – by Gary John Bishop.
- Self Made: The Definitive Guide to Business Startup Success – by Bianca Miller-Cole and Byron Cole.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dr. Charles Strom on antibodies and early cancer detection. 🚨
- Why this Facebook Whistleblower is skeptical of Meta’s recovery. 🤔
- How low can tech go? What’s behind the tech sell-off? Analysis by Goldman Sachs. 📉
📆 Upcoming Events:
Mushrooms as Sustainable Materials of the Future 🍄 🌱
Mushrooms aren’t just for stir-fry and psychedelic experiences anymore. Join the webinar this Saturday when M2Bio Labs open up its doors and invites you in for a truly cutting-edge innovation experience. Meet the innovators, and learn about the mushrooms as sustainable materials of the future and their many applications. 🍄
June 25, 2022 | 10:30 AM South African Time | M2Bio Sciences Event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.