Welcome to the 207th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Russia’s ruble hit its strongest level in 7 years. 📈
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- U.S. Supreme Court topples Roe v. Wade in a blow to women rights. 👼
- Russia to send Belarus nuclear-capable missiles within months. ☢️
- After losing the majority, can Macron strike a deal with opposition parties? 🇫🇷
- G7 nations to announce ban on import of Russian gold. 🇷🇺
- Biden signs ‘cosmetic’ gun measure, says ‘lives will be saved’. 🔫
- Where does the wealth go when asset prices go down? 💸
- ‘I have nothing but loans’: China’s economic rut shakes middle-class dreams. 💰
- Inflation will not fall to 2% target for two years, Fed’s Mester says. 📉
- New U.S. jobless data ‘not at all’ what recession labor market looks like – White House. 💼
- Fed policymakers embrace more rate hikes, markets a little less. 💹
- Nigeria continues to grapple with fuel shortages, price surges. ⛽️
- Zimbabwe’s annual inflation surges to 191% in June. 🇿🇼
- 2,800 Argentines slipping into poverty every day, experts warn. 🇦🇷
- Canada to require a warning be printed on every cigarette.🚭
- Scientists unearth 3,400-year-old city that emerged from Tigris River in Iraq, reveal ancient clay tablets. 🇮🇶
- The art of Ice Age children offers a tactile sense of the past. 🚭
- What you need to know about the history of Monkeypox. 🦠
- The true history behind Baz Luhrmann’s ‘Elvis’. 🎙
- Who was Norma McCorvey, woman behind Roe v. Wade? 👩💼
- Ahead of planned rail line, archaeologists uncover early Medieval Cemetery. 🪦
- Spotlight on Commonwealth talents at Kigali Fashion Week. 👗
- FDA officially orders all Juul Electronic Cigarettes removed from the U.S. market. 🚬
- Children’s mental health and the digital world: How to get the balance right. 🚸
- Is a label for ultra-processed foods useful? 🍟
- I talked to 70 parents who raised highly successful kids – here are the 4 hard parenting rules that make them different. 👨👩👦
- ‘Soul relief’: On Greek island, bees help people with mental health issues. 🐝
- How to use food to help your mood. 🎭
- Why are there so many ancient fountains featuring little boys peeing? ⛲️
- How to sleep well again. 🛌
- The government of Canada delivers on commitment to ban harmful single-use plastics. 🇨🇦
- Tech entrepreneur McAfee’s body still in the morgue after one year of death. ⚰️
- Esco Aster becomes the first cultivated meat producer to gain ISO 22000 Food Safety Cert. 🥩
- Neurosoft is revolutionizing the way we interface with neural tissue. 🧠
- Neutrinos: The “ghostly chameleons” of particle physics become even more mysterious. ⚛️
- Hubble Space Telescope may have spotted a moving Black Hole. 🕳
- Polystyrene-eating ‘superworms’ may provide clues for better recycling. 🪱
- Making the invisible visible: The remarkable journey of a powerhouse space microscope. 🔬
- Starlink RV review: The dawn of Space internet to go. 🛰
- T-Mobile is selling your app usage data to advertisers.📱
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How conventional medical germophobia ruins health. 🦠
- New study shows Mediterranean Diet may help prevent depression. 🥗
- Measuring the electrical activity of the retina in response to light stimulus could be a biomarker for ADHD and autism. 👁
- Can too much sleep raise the risk of cancer? 😴
- Most toxic food in the world? Farmed salmon. 🍣
- HPV vaccination ‘unmasks’ cervical lesions from non-vax strains. 💉
- Ancient herbal supplement shows promise against cancer. 🌿
- Food is colon cancer’s formidable foe. 🍛
- Can Lycopene save your brain? 🧠
- What does sugar do to your brain? 🍰
- Can cocoa help prevent cardiovascular death? 🍫
- A quantum leap for diabetes tech. 💻
- Why does coffee make you poop? 💩
- New biomarkers unlock potential for more effective treatment of deadly cancers. 🔬
- Study reveals brain wave activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and amygdala associated with social behavior in mice. 🧠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- ‘The power of cannabis’: Japan embraces CBD despite drug taboo. 🌿
- Aurora Cannabis to layoff 12% of workforce amid (another) reorganization. 🥾
- Thailand cannabis: From war on drugs to weed curries. 🇹🇭
- Spain set to approve medical cannabis sales in pharmacies. ✅
- Maradona’s medical team charged with homicide in soccer legend’s death. 👩⚖️
- Gareth Bale agrees to join Los Angeles FC following Real Madrid exit. 🤝
- Wimbledon 2022 Day 1 Schedule: Including Emma Raducanu, Andy Murray, and Novak Djokovic. 🎾
- Conor McGregor ‘accepts’ Floyd Mayweather rematch amid rumours of renewed talks. 🥊
- Jackie Stewart urges Lewis Hamilton to retire and avoid ‘pain’ of staying in F1. 🏎
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- $100 million worth of crypto has been stolen in another major hack. 👾
- Billionaire Ken Griffin told Citadel employees the hedge fund is moving its global headquarters from Chicago to Miami. 🌴
- Barclays spends $2.8 billion to beef up Mortgage business. 💰
- Alibaba-Backed Delivery Startup GogoX navigates tough IPO market – looking to raise $85 million in HK offering. 🇭🇰
- Which stocks do best during high inflation? 💹
Monday, June 27 – Nike (NKE), Jefferies (JEF), and Trip.com (TCOM).
Tuesday, June 28 – Progress Software (PRGS) and Aerovironment (AVAV).
Wednesday, June 29 – Paychex (PAYX), General Mills (GIS), Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY), and McCormick (MKC).
Thursday, June 30 – Constellation Brands (STZ), Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA), and Micron (MU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Onfolio (NASDAQ:ONFO) is expected to start trading in the U.S. on July 29. In Asia, Chinese podcasting startup Ximalaya is considering launching its planned Hong Kong IPO as soon as next week. Also keep an eye on Zhong Yang Financial Group (TOP), with the first analyst ratings expected to follow the expiration of the analyst quiet period.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +5.4% to 31,501. S&P 500 +6.5% to 3,912. Nasdaq +7.5% to 11,608. Russell 2000 +6.% to 1,766. CBOE Volatility Index -12.5% to 27.23.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +6.6%. Utilities +7.2%. Financials +5.1%. Telecom +7.%. Healthcare +8.2%. Industrials +4.2%. Information Technology +7.3%. Materials +2.7%. Energy -1.6%. Consumer Discretionary +8.3%.
London +2.7% to 7,209. France +3.2% to 6,073. Germany -0.1% to 13,118. Japan +2.% to 26,492. China +1.% to 3,350. Hong Kong +3.1% to 21,719. India +2.7% to 52,728.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -2.3% to $107.06/bbl. Gold -0.7% to $1,828.1/oz. Natural Gas -11.1% to 6.173. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.138.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.53%. USD/JPY +0.2%. GBP/USD +0.39%. Bitcoin +12.1%. Litecoin +19.1%. Ethereum +22.3%. XRP +20.%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) +27%. Carnival Corporation & plc (CCL) +24%. Etsy (ETSY) +21%. Penn National Gaming (PENN) +19%. Moderna (MRNA) +19%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Devon Energy (DVN) -15%. Marathon Oil (MRO) -14%. Phillips 66 (PSX) -13%. APA (APA) -13%. Valero Energy (VLO) -12%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” –
📖 Word Of The Week:
Prescience | pree·shee·uhns |, noun – [mass noun] the fact of knowing something in advance; foreknowledge: “With extraordinary prescience, Jung actually predicted the Nazi eruption.”
❔ Did You Know:
Supermarket apples can be a year old. Those fresh apples aren’t all that fresh, per se. They’re usually picked between August and November, covered in wax, hot-air dried, and sent into cold storage. After six to twelve months, they finally land on your grocery store shelves. 🍎
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- A Short Guide to a Happy Life – by Anna Quindlen.
- Bossypants – by Tina Fey.
- Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values – by Fred Kofman.
- Now, Discover Your Strengths – by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton.
”The problem isn’t that obesity runs in your family. The problem is no one runs in your family.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Trump, Twitter, Job Cuts, Recession Risks. 🎥
- Google Engineer talked about some of the experiments he conducted that lead him to think that LaMDA was a sentient AI, and explained why he is now on administrative leave. 🤖
📆 Upcoming Events:
All About Orange 🥕🧡
“Eating the rainbow” is an important principle we should all try to live by and we’ll be shedding some light on what that means, starting with Orange.
July 09, 2022 | 10:30 AM South African Time | M2Bio Sciences Event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.