Welcome to the 58th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Two big holidays this week… 🍔🌭🥩🍺
July 01 is Canada Day and July 04 is US Independence Day!
July 01 the Canadian markets are closed and the US markets will close at 1 pm EST July 03 and reopen for business July 05 for regular trading hours. You can expect a rather slow week.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
• Xi Jinping and Kim Jong-un reboot alliance with talks and mausoleum visit.
• How Trump and Tehran came to the brink of war.
• The new left economics: how a network of thinkers is transforming capitalism.
• Stark partisan divisions in Americans’ views of ‘socialism,’ ‘capitalism’.
• The Jeff Goldblum guide to getting someone’s attention.
• Are people getting smarter or dumber? Yes. Read how.
• Investigating the Khashoggi murder: Insights from UN Special Rapporteur Agnes Callamard.
• Florida city to pay $600K ransom to hacker who seized computer systems weeks ago.
APOLLO 11: Mission out of control. 🚀
• The future of AI research is in Africa.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
• Is sexual desire a medical issue? An experimental drug for women revives an intense debate.
• A scientific study just proved that ‘brain supplements’ are completely useless.
• The 23 best health and science books to read this summer.
• The simple idea behind Einstein’s greatest discoveries.
• The rise of junk science. Read about it here. 🔬
• Last American slave ship is discovered in Alabama. 🚢
• Can a dance sensation’s viral moment last forever?
• Five years after the Beatles disbanded, Lennon and McCartney set aside their differences and got back together one more time.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
• Medicinal cannabis trial begins for Australian veterans with PTSD.
• First pot, now magic mushrooms? Mainstream attention is growing.
• The latest in IP and Patents for Marijuana. Very interesting.
• China hoping to cash in on booming CBD industry.
• Andy Murray• • makes winning return in doubles at Queen’s.
• UFC Performance Institute Shanghai: take a look inside the world’s largest MMA training facility. 🥋
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Here’s who is getting rich from Slack’s stock market debut.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: $CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF)
- Wuhan General ($WUHN)
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp ($FLCX)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” — Michael Jordan 🏀 (Ask yourself, which are you… 🕵️♂️)
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Assiduous (adj) – Showing great care, attention, and effort: marked by careful unremitting attention or persistent application.
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know: The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.🚶♀️
- On this day June 30, 1860: Famous debate on Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution held at the Oxford University Museum and dominated by arguments between Thomas Henry Huxley and Bishop Samuel Wilberforce. ⚖
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- What really happened to Malaysia’s missing airplane. (Great read or listen)
- Andrew Ang of BlackRock discusses asset management.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Wizard and the Prophet: Two Remarkable Scientists and Their Dueling Visions to Shape Tomorrow’s World – Charles C. Mann
- The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure – Jonathan Haidt
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence – Michael Pollan
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Have an event you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗
The IBR Team
P.S. Six IBR subscribers have now signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)