Welcome to the 58th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Two big holidays this week… ????
July 01 is Canada Day and July 04 is US Independence Day!
July 01 the Canadian markets are closed and the US markets will close at 1 pm EST July 03 and reopen for business July 05 for regular trading hours. You can expect a rather slow week.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The new left economics: how a network of thinkers is transforming capitalism.
- Stark partisan divisions in Americans’ views of ‘socialism,’ ‘capitalism’.
- The Jeff Goldblum guide to getting someone’s attention.
- Are people getting smarter or dumber? Yes. Read how.
- Investigating the Khashoggi murder: Insights from UN Special Rapporteur Agnes Callamard.
- Florida city to pay $600K ransom to hacker who seized computer systems weeks ago.
- APOLLO 11: Mission out of control. ?
- The future of AI research is in Africa.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Is sexual desire a medical issue? An experimental drug for women revives an intense debate.
- A scientific study just proved that ‘brain supplements’ are completely useless.
- The 23 best health and science books to read this summer.
- The simple idea behind Einstein’s greatest discoveries.
- The rise of junk science. Read about it here. ?
- Last American slave ship is discovered in Alabama. ?
- Can a dance sensation’s viral moment last forever?
- Five years after the Beatles disbanded, Lennon and McCartney set aside their differences and got back together one more time.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- 3 things to know about the cannabis market in Africa. ($WUHN) ???
- Medicinal cannabis trial begins for Australian veterans with PTSD.
- First pot, now magic mushrooms? Mainstream attention is growing.
- The latest in IP and Patents for Marijuana. Very interesting.
- China hoping to cash in on booming CBD industry.
- Andy Murray• • makes winning return in doubles at Queen’s.
- UFC Performance Institute Shanghai: take a look inside the world’s largest MMA training facility. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Here’s who is getting rich from Slack’s stock market debut.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: $CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF)
- Wuhan General ($WUHN)
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp ($FLCX)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” — Michael Jordan ? (Ask yourself, which are you… ?️♂️)
? Word Of The Week:
- Assiduous (adj) – Showing great care, attention, and effort: marked by careful unremitting attention or persistent application.
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know: The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.?♀️
- On this day June 30, 1860: Famous debate on Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution held at the Oxford University Museum and dominated by arguments between Thomas Henry Huxley and Bishop Samuel Wilberforce. ⚖
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- What really happened to Malaysia’s missing airplane. (Great read or listen)
- Andrew Ang of BlackRock discusses asset management.
? Books We Are Reading:
- The Wizard and the Prophet: Two Remarkable Scientists and Their Dueling Visions to Shape Tomorrow’s World – Charles C. Mann
- The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure – Jonathan Haidt
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence – Michael Pollan
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Have an event you would like to promote?
This space could be yours!
Reach out to email@example.com for rates.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Six IBR subscribers have now signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)