Welcome to the 107th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
It’s been six months after we first heard about COVID-19. Lockdown restrictions around the world continue to ease. We’re getting there! ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Modi is not corrupt, his government is scam-free, there are no charges of nepotism and the leftist slurs of anti-poor have also rung hollow. So, is he a reformer or not? ??
- Coronavirus: WHO masked concern about China’s slow release of information.
- De Blasio says Monday’s Phase One reopening ‘Very Important’. ?
- Coronavirus will haunt US economy for a decade and wipe out $8tn, says CBO. ? (Anecdote here)
- No recession is easy; businesses need to tighten, workers end jobless and consumers hold their money tighter. Yet it is the right opportunity for some to flourish.
- Maybe the stock market isn’t crazy after all for flying so high amid the worst economic dip in 90 years.
- BP to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide amid coronavirus pandemic.
- Photos: The works of Christo. ? (RIP)
- We’re not polarized enough. Ezra Klein’s flawed diagnosis of the divisions in American politics.
- Have you ever heard the full story of the Iraq war? Here it is.
- A new start? Land of immigrants? County of opportunity? Filthy riches? What is the American Dream – and is it time for us to revisit it?
- What to expect when the coronavirus-hit world starts flying again.
- Troll farms from the Philippines pushed coronavirus disinformation on Facebook.
- Minneapolis to disband police department. ?
- He lost his leg, then rediscovered the bicycle. Now he’s unstoppable. ?
- The sickness in our food supply.
- The unusual ambitions of Chamath Palihapitiya.
- Bill Gates finally responds to COVID-19 conspiracies about him.
- 16 game-changing technologies you might not know about yet.
- Maiden flight of “largest all-electric commercial aircraft”. ✈
- Apple has an idea for social-distancing selfies.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The silent oxygen shortage in COVID-19 patients that’s spooking doctors.
- Alcohol Use Disorder raises the risk of persistent, recurrent major depression.
- Five things we still don’t know about water. ?
- Curbing implicit bias: What works and what doesn’t.
- How cancer develops resistance to treatment.
- Antidepressant Sertraline in short supply as prescriptions soar during pandemic. ?
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Will Israel fully legalize use of cannabis? ?
- The hidden origin story of the CBD craze.
- Nearly 80 per cent of MMA fighters who participated in a survey said they have used CBD. ?
- Why not all CBD health claims are treated equal.
- South Africa permanently removes some CBD products from narcotics scheduling.
- Messi’s back! La Liga to restart on June 11. ⚽
- Italian football to return on June 12 with Coppa Italia semi-finals. ⚽
- How Magic Johnson set the bar for athletes in business.
- UFC star Conor McGregor says he’s retiring from fighting. ? (3rd time)
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +6.8% to 27,111. S&P 500 +4.9% to 3,194. Nasdaq +3.4% to 9,814. Russell 2000 +8.1% to 1,507. CBOE Volatility Index -10.9% to 24.51.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.4%. Utilities +1.%. Financials +8.%. Telecom +0.7%. Healthcare -1.4%. Industrials +6.6%. Information Technology +0.9%. Materials +5.%. Energy +7.4%. Consumer Discretionary +2.6%.
London +6.7% to 6,484. France +10.7% to 5,198. Germany +10.9% to 12,848. Japan +4.5% to 22,864. China +2.8% to 2,931. Hong Kong +7.9% to 24,770. India +5.8% to 34,287.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +10.3% to $39.11/bbl. Gold -3.6% to $1,687.8/oz. Natural Gas -2.5% to 1.802. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.5% to 137.27.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.71%. USD/JPY +1.69%. GBP/USD +2.62%. Bitcoin +3.%. Litecoin +5.6%. Ethereum +9.1%. Ripple +2.6%. Bitcoin-Cash flat.
Top Stock Gainers
Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) +222%.
Genius Brands International (NASDAQ:GNUS) +190%.
XpresSpa Group (NASDAQ:XSPA) +186%.
Global Eagle Entertainment (NASDAQ:ENT) +166%.
Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE:HTZ) +157%.
Top Stock Losers
Evofem Biosciences (NASDAQ:EVFM) -39%.
Arca Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABIO) -32%.
Hebron Technology (NASDAQ:HEBT) -31%.
Aduro BioTech (NASDAQ:ADRO) -30%.
OraSure Technologies (NASDAQ:OSUR) -29%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (Press release and interview – Wuhan shares up 9x in last 2 weeks) ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill ? (So simple,so wise and so true)
? Word Of The Week:
- Prolific adj. Productive: Producing abundant works or results. “A prolific artist.” “A prolific writer.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Male bees have sex once, and then they die because their testicles explode. ??
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Researching psychedelics for psychiatric disorders. ? (Fascinating interview!)
? Books We Are Reading
4 books guaranteed to make you smarter:
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (We love this book!)
- The Greatest Secret in the World by Og Mandino
- Cosmos by Carl Sagan
? One Liners:
- I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, “Where’s the self-help section?” She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
? Upcoming Events:
- Psychedelics and Our Sense of Self: Implications for the Treatment of Depression
- June 30, 2020 – 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm CEST
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team