Welcome to the 56th edition of The Weekly Bull Report. ?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The Wealth Detective who finds the hidden money of the super rich. ?️♂️
- Tech billionaires Eric Schmidt, Peter Thiel and Reid Hoffman have been pictured at the secretive Bilderberg summit in Switzerland.
- America’s richest self-made women. Are you on the list? ??
- Too much money and too few places to invest it.
- Today’s public intellectuals have their own version of the American Dream, where one person, on their own, can achieve anything.
- If the structure of clericalism is not dismantled, the Roman Catholic Church will not survive.
- A new law just passed in the Philippines requires students to plant 10 trees in order to graduate. ?
- Artist, Icon, Billionaire: How Jay-Z created his $1 Billion fortune. ??
- Eccentric spec mansions for Billionaires is not as good a business as it seemed like. ?
- Computer scientists expand the frontier of verifiable knowledge.
- The birth of the electronic beep, the most ubiquitous sound design in the world.
- Michelin’s ingenious new tires ensure you’ll never get a flat again.
- The coalition out to kill tech as we know it. Read about it here.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Grail, a deep-pocketed startup, shows impressive results for cancer blood test.
- New U.S. measles cases break 25-year-old record. ?
- Radiology Professor creates beautiful art using MRI scanner. ?
- Dogs mirror stress levels of owners, researchers find. ?
- Amazon Prime Video is full of dodgy documentaries pushing dangerous cancer ‘cures’.
- First placebo-controlled studies testing if microdosing LSD actually works. Read about it here.
- Physicists debate Hawking’s idea that the universe had no beginning. (Great read and topic for discussion)
- There are two types of airport people. Some travelers love being late.
- Does gender still matter in dating? Less and less for Generation Z.
- ‘No one buys albums – lots of people buy weed!’: Why pop stars are selling cannabis.?
- Camel milk could be the next superfood – thanks to East Africa. ??
- The best high-end hotel rooms on the planet. Check them out.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Some Christians are turning over a new leaf with CBD oil.
- Magic mushrooms
couldwill replace antidepressants within five years. (Must read, $WUHN)
- The movement to make shrooms legal is gaining momentum.
- Psychedelics may be a powerful treatment for alcoholism.
- At first-ever public hearing on CBD, advocates and FDA try to blaze trail to regulatory compromise.
- TSA updates cannabis policy to allow certain CBD products on flights and Transport Canada bars crews from consuming cannabis for 28 days before flying. ✈
- How effective is cannabis in treating PTSD?
- Boxing champ Chris Algieri: CBD definitely helps athletes. ?
- Ultimate limit of human endurance found. Read about it here.
- Nadal beats Thiem to win record-extending 12th French Open. Ash Barty becomes Australia’s first French Open singles title-winner in 46 years. ?
- The Philadelphia Eagles have signed franchise quarterback Carson Wentz to a four-year $128 million extension. ??
?? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- The promise and problem of fake meat. ($BYND continues to climb, now $138, shorts getting killed – for now)
- InflaRx ($IFRX) shares plunge 92% on failed drug trial. From $38 to $3 – Ouch!
- Takeover: We think $BHVN is likely in play. Takeout price $110+.
- Tesla’s travails: curfew for a corporate teenager? (outstanding research)
- Facebook plans to launch ‘GlobalCoin’ currency in 2020.
- Uber’s COO and CMO are
stepping down, being pushed out.
- The past & future of Blockchain: Where we’re going and why.
- Kik is the first major ICO SEC enforcement action: “The First Shoe Has Finally Dropped.”
? Stocks on the IBR radar
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM) – accumulate. ?
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: $CVGR) Build a position. Cool MJ stuff on the go. ? ?
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF) – Very small market cap. Will trend up very soon. Expecting some news…??
- Wuhan General ($WUHN) – Closes acquisition. Severely underpriced.?
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) – Build a position. Will start to move up.
- FlooidCX Corp ($FLCX) – Uptrend will continue. ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire
- “Every man is guilty of all the good he didn’t do.” – Voltaire
? Word Of The Week:
- Truculent adj. Eager or quick to argue or fight; aggressively defiant.
?? Did You Know:
- Fact: In space, astronauts cannot cry because there is no gravity and tears can’t flow. ?
- On this day in history: June 9th 1967: Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria.
?? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Recode’s Kara Swisher talks to investors Mark Cuban and Steve Case and talent agent Scooter Braun. Good interview.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Special shout out to our friend: Safi Bahcall… author of Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
- The Algebra of Happiness: Notes on the Pursuit of Success, Love, and Meaning – Scott Galloway
- Rockonomics: A Backstage Tour of What the Music Industry Can Teach Us about Economics and Life – Alan B. Krueger
? One Liners:
- Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I do.
- I had a neck brace fitted years ago and I’ve never looked back since.
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor in focus: Investing in the European Cannabis & CBD Market
June 27, 2019 – London, England
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Earn a significant income by renting your a room or appartment during the summer! ? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com
P.P.S. We at IBR are fans of online banking. Check it out: Revolut.