Welcome to the 192nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Where is Fauci? 🤔
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Russia feels provoked by democracy and loss of empire. 😤
- Cluster munitions launched into Kharkiv neighborhoods: Russian forces’ attacks may amount to war crimes. 👨⚖️
- South Korea’s raucous politics: Presidential election defined by mudslinging and scandal. 🇰🇷
- Why Biden’s immigration policy looks a lot like Trump’s. 🤷♂️
- What Biden didn’t talk about in his State of the Union address. 🧐
- U.S. should recognize Taiwan as ‘free and sovereign’ nation, Mike Pompeo says. 🇹🇼
- The biggest guaranteed income trial in the U.S. is launching in Chicago. 👩💼
- What’s going to happen to all those empty office buildings? 🏢
- California gas price eclipses $5 per gallon as national average spikes 11 cents overnight.⛽
- Putin’s invasion of Ukraine could destroy Russia’s economy. 💥
- Powell says Fed plans to push ahead with March interest rate rise despite Ukraine war. 💹
- Mortgage rates plunge just as home prices set another record. 📉
- Argentina intervenes in local wheat market to guarantee supplies to local millers and keep prices of commodities low. 🌾
- The best independent coffee shops in the world. ☕️
- Leading Dutch supermarket Albert Heijn to go majority plant-based by 2030. 🇳🇱
- How your brand should use NFTs. 👾
- What TikTok videos have in common with Victorian parlor games. 🤳
- The harrowing arctic survival story behind Netflix’s ‘Against the Ice’. 🎞
- Fossils help scientists identify a ‘lost’ continent (Balkanatolia). 🗺
- Germany seized the world’s largest mega-yacht worth $600 million belonging to a Russian oligarch. 🛳
- A curious legal crusade to redefine personhood is raising profound questions about the interdependence of the animal and human kingdoms. 🐅
- How to overcome agoraphobia (fear of open or public spaces). 😱
- Trapped in Silicon Valley’s hidden Caste system. ⛓
- $1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman. 🎯
- How to know if you’re addicted. ☑️
- See how CNN reported on the Internet in 1993. 💾
- Working, studying in ‘off’ hours can harm motivation. 📖
- How AI is changing chemical discovery. 👩🔬
- Austrian programmer and ex crypto CEO likely stole $11 billion of Ether. 🪙
- Mobile gaming: Free to play, enhanced with pay. 🤑
- Scientists will study the effects of microgravity on skin at the International Space Station. 🚀
- Scientists watch a memory form in a living brain. 🧠
- Fusion breakthrough once thought impossible brings energy device closer to realization. ⚡️
- Physicists manipulate electrons to create “synthetic dimensions”. ⚛️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How often is breast cancer overdiagnosed? New research finds true cases far outweigh false alarms. 🚨
- What’s an unhealthy gut? How gut health affects you. ♻️
- Does anxiety affect your longevity? 😰
- Coffee supports longevity, so why not make this MD’s favorite cold brew? ☕
- Some patients with long-COVID have lasting nerve damage that appears to be caused by infection-triggered immune dysfunction. 🦠
- More Alcohol, Less Brain: Association begins with an average of just one drink a day (research paper here). 🥃
- Microbiome research has huge implications for the very sick. But can startups get healthy people in on the action? 🧪
- Researchers find that blood pressure medications impact brain function. 🩸
- The Sound of Healing: Sound used as a therapeutic treatment. 🔊
- p53: an anticancer protein’s chequered past and promising future. 🧬
- New scent therapy may improve memory. 👃
- How bones communicate with the rest of the body. 🦴
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Catalonia, ‘the epicenter of Europe’s illegal marijuana market’. 🌿
- Cannabis producer CannTrust secures overseas financing, plans name change. 💰
- Founders win $140 million in arbitration fight over Colorado marijuana company. 👩⚖️
- Property billionaire hopes to set up huge cannabis farm on a tiny island in the Irish Sea. 🇮🇪
- Over a third of parents believe CBD and marijuana are the same. 🤷♀️
- Ecuador kicks off medical cannabis production. 🇪🇨
- Patents on Psychedelics: The next legal battlefront of drug development. 💊
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Thanks to Russia, Sasol shares are now up 1,130% from their 2020 pandemic low. 🚀
- Global investments in Alt Protein increased by 60% to $5 billion in 2021. 📈
- Western brands Disney, Nike, Volkswagen, and others flee Russia in unraveling of ‘capitalistic diplomacy’ – while rouble’s plunge hits shoppers. 📉
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Humanpeople 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Humanpeople is a preventative health platform helping people fix everyday health issues while reducing their risk of chronic disease. 👩🔬
By combining AI technology, diagnostic testing, medical evidence, and algorithmic analysis, Humanpeople profiles the exact needs of an individual at a point in time and provides tailored solutions to meet those needs.
CEO and co-founder is a successful clinician and entrepreneur. He formed Humanpeople on the back of his own clinical experience as a doctor, backed up by clinical research, showing that the early signs of ill health are there long before they appear and that many chronic conditions are in fact preventable. Humanpeople is CQC registered for health and diagnostic screening. 🔬
Previously raised £100k to build an MVP and run a successful pilot. Now looking to close a £400k round at £2.7 million pre-money valuation in the interests of closing ASAP and gaining traction before a further raise in 12-18 months.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, March 7: Ciena (NYSE:CIEN).
Tuesday, March 8: Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS), MongoDB (NASDAQ:MDB), Petco Health and Wellness (NASDAQ:WOOF), Casey’s General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:SFIX).
Wednesday, March 9: United Natural Foods (NYSE:UNFI), REV GRoup (NYSE:REVG) and Crowdstrike (NASDAQ:CRWD).
Thursday, March 10: JD.com (NASDAQ:JD), Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), Docusign (NASDAQ:DOCU) and Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ:RIVN).
Friday, March 11: Ballard Power (NASDAQ:BLDP).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Quiet periods end on Safety Quick (NASDAQ:SKYX), Modular Medical (NASDAQ:MODD) and Heartcore Enterprises (NASDAQ:HTCR) on March 8, as well as Arena Group (NYSEMKT:AREN) and TC Biopharm (NASDAQ:TCBP) on March 8.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -1.3% to 33,615. S&P 500 -1.3% to 4,329. Nasdaq -2.8% to 13,313. Russell 2000 -2.4% to 1,992. CBOE Volatility Index +15.9% to 31.98.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.1%. Utilities +4.8%. Financials -4.9%. Telecom -2.7%. Healthcare +1.2%. Industrials +1.2%. Information Technology -3.%. Materials -1.6%. Energy +9.3%. Consumer Discretionary -2.6%.
London -6.7% to 6,987. France -10.2% to 6,062. Germany -10.1% to 13,095. Japan -1.9% to 25,985. China -0.1% to 3,448. Hong Kong -3.8% to 21,905. India -2.7% to 54,334.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +25.6% to $115.03/bbl. Gold +4.6% to $1,974.3/oz. Natural Gas +10.% to 4.917. Ten-Year Bond Yield +1.5 bps to 1.737.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -3.04%. USD/JPY -0.64%. GBP/USD -1.33%. Bitcoin -0.3%. Litecoin -7.5%. Ethereum -5.8%. XRP +1.3%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) +45%. The Kroger (NYSE:KR) +27%. The Mosaic (NYSE:MOS) +21%. APA (NASDAQ:APA) +17%. Coterra Energy (NYSE:CTRA) +17%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
EPAM Systems (NYSE:EPAM) -48%. Viatris (NASDAQ:VTRS) -30%. IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) -24%. Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) -22%. PVH (NYSE:PVH) -21%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $30 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (news here)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
– Albert Einstein
📖 Word Of The Week:
Plight | plite |, noun – a dangerous, difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation: “We must direct our efforts towards relieving the plight of children living in poverty.”
❔ Did You Know:
The circulatory system is more than 60,000 miles long. 🫁
If a child’s entire circulatory system—we’re talking veins, arteries, and capillaries—were laid out flat, it would stretch for more than 60,000 miles, according to the Franklin Institute. By the time we reach adulthood, our bodies have become home to approximately 100,000 miles of blood vessels.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing – by Marie Kondo.
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered – by Lysa Terkeurst.
- The Point of It All: A Lifetime of Great Loves and Endeavors – by Charles Krauthammer.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – by Mark Manson.
- The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure – by Jonathan Haidt and Greg Lukianoff.
Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America? 🇺🇸
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The science of obesity & how to improve nutritional epidemiology | David Allison, Ph.D. 🥗
- MiB: David Kotok on Pandemics & Markets. 💹
📆 Upcoming Events:
The UK’s largest event for private investors, 19 March 2022. 💷
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.