Welcome to the 43rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- The 2 trillion yuan question: Will China’s stimulus measures be enough to boost the economy?
- From a single email sent to West Germany to restrictions on Winnie the Pooh and the letter N, this is how the internet took hold in China.📧
- Huawei: The story of a controversial company.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- NASA happily reports the earth is greener, with more trees than 20 years ago – And it’s thanks to China, India.
- Teen who defied mother by getting vaccinated testifies before Congress. More here. 💉
- A war on “prediabetes” has created millions of new patients and a tempting opportunity for pharma. But how real is the condition?
- Doctors Without Borders fiercely criticizes Ebola outbreak control effort.
- The nightmarish tale of what happened to a child who wasn’t vaccinated.
- Clinicians embracing new depression drug Esketamine with ‘enthusiastic caution’.
- What motivated Hatshepsut to rule ancient Egypt as a man? Her mummy, and her true story, have come to light.
- Finalists from Smithsonian Magazine’s 2018 photo contest. 📷
- NHL Alumni Association strikes deal with Canopy Growth Corp ($CGC) for medical exams, brain scans. 🏒🧠
- Higher education: Colleges add cannabis to the curriculum.🌿
- House bill introduced to remove marijuana from list of controlled substances.
- Bankers are circling Europe’s growing cannabis market. 📈
- Chances are ‘good’ that Whole Foods will sell marijuana products, CEO says.
- UEFA open formal investigation into Manchester City over Financial Fair Play allegations. ⚽
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- With last year’s huge draw-down in China A-shares, now may be a good time to invest in the second-largest market in the world.
- Deep deep dive on Lyft and upcoming IPO.
- Lyft unveiled the prospectus for its initial public offering. (Stay clear and buy the Levi IPO)
- Why companies like Lyft and Uber are going public without having profits.
- Airbnb to Buy HotelTonight in Its Biggest Acquisition Yet. (IPO coming soon)
- China’s world-beating rally has alarm bells ringing as brokerages say to sell several hot stocks.
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Charisma – Noun: Compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others; a divinely conferred power or talent.
Eg: His success is largely due to his charisma.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Did you know that if you start counting at one (“1”) and spell out the numbers as you go, you won’t use the letter “A” until you reach 1,000 ! 💯
- On this day in history: March 10, 2000 – The NASDAQ Composite stock market index peaks at 5132.52, signalling the beginning of the end of the dot-com boom. 💰
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Watch CNBC‘s full interview with iconic investor Warren Buffett. (You don’t learn this stuff in business school-priceless)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Life is What You Make It: Find Your Own Path to Fulfillment
By Peter Buffett
A warm, wise, and inspirational book that asks “Which will you choose: The path of least resistance or the path of potentially greatest satisfaction?”
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation
By Steven Johnson
The author identifies the five key principles to the genesis of great ideas, from the cultivation of hunches to the importance of connectivity and how best to make use of new technologies.
- Zucked: Waking Up to the Facebook Catastrophe
By The New York Times bestseller about a noted tech venture capitalist, early mentor to Mark Zuckerberg, and Facebook investor, who wakes up to the serious damage Facebook is doing to our society.
👌 Feel Good Sunday:
- The funniest tweets by women this week. Check them out.
🐦 One Liners:
- Q: What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?
A: I don’t know and I don’t care.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗📈
The IBR Team