Welcome to the 236th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.🤗
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- New emails show Dr. Anthony Fauci commissioned a scientific paper in Feb. 2020 to disprove the Wuhan lab leak theory.
- EFF’s national shutdown: ‘Don’t be stupid, don’t try that nonsense in Cape Town‘ – Hill-Lewis.
- Cyril Ramaphosa | An efficient, lean government is important… but we can’t be fixated on head counts.
- Why are eggs so expensive?🥚
- Inflation in Egypt is at 32.9% in the latest spike.📈
- Chinese property developer CIFI warns of US$2 billion loss for 2022, as the cash-strapped firm formulates plan to repay defaulted offshore debt.
- Muhammad becomes the most popular baby name in Irish City.👶
- Mapped: The price of Starbucks coffee, by country.
- Meet the men paying to have their jaws broken in the name of ‘manliness’.🤕
- The neuroscience of loving music.🎼
- Who is Joseph Kony? The altar boy who became Africa’s most wanted man.
- Disgraced Goldman banker Roger Ng gets 10 years for helping steal over $4B.🏦
- Raphael Mechoulam, Israel’s ‘father of cannabis research,’ dies at 92. (RIP)
- Will CRISPR cure cancer?😷
- Twitter’s $42,000-per-Month API Prices Out Nearly Everyone.
- The Silicon Valley Bank Contagion Is Just Beginning.💳
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Exercise is more effective than medicines in managing mental health.🏃♂️
- Vagus Nerve: what it is and how to make it better.
- Regular laxative use is tied to increased Dementia risk.
- Periodontal Inflamed Surface Area (PISA) associates with composites of salivary cytokines. 🦷🪥
- In the name of science: how modern medicine reduced the art of healing.
- Man in Germany cured of HIV with stem cells.
- The correlation between Autism and Disordered Eating.🍴
- Myths about smoking, diet, alcohol, and cancer persist.🚬
- Is lung inflammation worse in e-cigarette users than smokers, as a new study suggests?
- With an $11 billion price tag, the White House pitches a plan to end hepatitis C.💉
- Does Ketamine live up to the hype in depression?
- A recent metformin study casts doubts on longevity indications.
- Nitroglycerin: How an explosive became a cardiac drug.💣
- The cause of depression is probably not what you think.
- Using brain scans and lifestyle to resolve mental illness.
- The Mathematician who knows uncertainty is unavoidable.👩🔬
- Ten-minute scan enables detection and cure of the commonest cause of high blood pressure.
- AI/ML in Drug Discovery & Development: Potential and challenges.
NUTRITION & MICROBIOME
- Starbucks’ new drinks have a spoonful of olive oil in every cup.
- Why you must include olive oil in your diet.
- 3 promising anti-aging drugs and an anti-aging diet.🥙
- Epigenetics, satiety, and predictive markers of obesity.
- One type of artificial sweetener may increase heart attack risk. (the study can be found here)
- Doctor says childhood obesity is a cultural problem that requires societal solutions beyond policy.
- The troubled history of BMI, the body mass index.
- Sweet on Erythritol? Sugar substitute linked to heart disease.♥
- Effect of honey on cardiometabolic risk factors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. (you can/should buy Liviana CBD infused organic raw honey here)🍯
- The possible effects of cinnamon on memory and learning.
- Scientists grew mini human guts inside mice.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis cuisine takes Thai cooking to new heights.🍽️
- A psychedelic experience isn’t just brain chemistry.
- Psychedelics are helping dying patients overcome their existential distress. (M2Bio Sciences $MRES) 👨⚕️
- Oklahoma rejects referendum on recreational cannabis.
- Breaking the Shackles of Anxiety and Depression: How psychedelic experiences may improve mental health.
- CBD can help cigarette smokers kick the habit.🚭(the study can be found here)
- CBD may aid recovery and reduce the long-term impact of brain injury.🧠
- Australia has announced it will officially recognize MDMA and psilocybin as medicines.
- No coach, no agent, no ego: the incredible story of the ‘Lionel Messi of cliff diving’.
- Inside Manchester United’s reaction to that awful 7-0 defeat.⚽
- NFL says regular-season concussions increased 18% in 2022.🧠
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer urged viewers to buy Silicon Valley Bank stock last month.
- Silicon Valley Bank shut down by regulators in a stunning collapse.
Monday, March 13 – GitLab (GTLB).
Tuesday, March 14 – Lennar (LEN), Smartsheet (NYSE: SMAR), and Guess (GES).
Wednesday, March 15 – Adobe (ADBE) and Five Below (FIVE).
Thursday, March 16 – FedEx (FDX), Dollar General (DG), and Signet Jewelers (SIG).
Friday, March 17 – XPeng (XPEV).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -4.4% to 31,910. S&P 500 -4.6% to 3,862. Nasdaq -4.7% to 11,139. Russell 2000 -8.1% to 1,773. CBOE Volatility Index +34.1% to 24.8.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.9%. Utilities -2.9%. Financials -8.5%. Telecom -4.1%. Healthcare -4%. Industrials -4.5%. Information Technology -3.1%. Materials -7.6%. Energy -5.4%. Consumer Discretionary -5.6%. Real Estate -7%.
London -2.5% to 7,748. France -1.7% to 7,221. Germany -1% to 15,428. Japan +0.8% to 28,144. China -3.% to 3,230. Hong Kong -6.1% to 19,320. India -1.1% to 59,135.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -3.8% to $76.68/bbl. Gold +1% to $1,872.7/oz. Natural Gas -19% to 2.436. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.704.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.11%. USD/JPY -0.64%. GBP/USD -0.06%. Bitcoin -8.7%. Litecoin -19.9%. Ethereum -7.%. XRP -1.8%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
General Electric (GE) +5%. Arista Networks (ANET) +4%. Intel (INTC) +3%. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) +3%. The Kroger (KR) +2%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
SVB Financial (SIVB) -80%. Signature Bank (SBNY) -38%. First Republic Bank (FRC) -34%. The Charles Schwab (SCHW) -24%. Lincoln National (LNC) -18%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) – $25 target 📈
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) $400 target📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) Big (beta) upside. $25 target 📈
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”I will study and get ready and maybe my chance will come” – Abraham Lincoln 🤵
📖 Word Of The Week:
❔ Did You Know:
McDonald’s is always introducing new items for their loyal customers. And obviously, some are more successful than others. But their bubblegum-flavored broccoli, which the fast-food chain developed in 2014 as a tastier version of the leafy green for children, was a complete failure. McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson admitted that kids were confused by the taste.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
4 books guaranteed to make you smarter:
I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Watch the M2Bio Food and Beverages Team do a taste test with the coffee and olive oil combo. ($MRES)
- “The Scientist” is a documentary that traces the story of Dr Mechoulam from his early days……as a child of the Holocaust in Bulgaria, through his immigration to Israel, and his career as the chief investigator into the chemistry and biology of the world’s most misunderstood plant. Watch it here. (This incredible man passed away this weekend – RIP)
📆 Upcoming Events:
Cape Town Cannabis Expo 2023
The Cannabis Expo is coming to Cape Town!
24-26 March – Grand West, Cape Town.
The M2Bio Team will have our very own setup, come swing by! 🤝
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.