Welcome to the 142nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
Interesting Articles & News:
- Look for Cuomo to resign Monday, criminal charges to be laid, civil lawsuits to be filed, his Emmy to be rescinded and his book to be pulled from the shelves. And of course, the Netflix movie.
- Ray Dalio’s Bubble Indicator is showing warning signs in emerging tech stocks.
- Young people looking to spend almost half of their stimulus checks on stocks, Deutsche survey finds.
- The ‘Alternatives Turing Test’: How BlackRock is using AI to crack opaque private markets.
- Valuations of electric vehicle manufacturers are “simply not sustainable over the long term,” the Research Affiliates chairman argues.
- How Chase Coleman became a hedge fund legend.
- Trippy, psychedelic prints have designers in a trance this season.
- I am a heroin user. I do not have a drug problem.
- City of lost mosques: how Suzhou tells the story of China’s Islamic past.
- See a billion-year dance of earth’s tectonic plates in 40 seconds.
- Artificial Intelligence in longevity medicine.
- Mars: Nasa’s perseverance rover sends stunning images.
- Startup says A.I. helped it find treatment for rare lung disease in record time.
- Google pledged to change the way it handles AI research following a series of public conflicts with staff.
- China’s courts use data analytics and blockchain evidence storage on the way to first AI-integrated legal system.
- One of social media’s oldest companies is also its most undervalued.
- Making the role of AI in medicine explainable.
- Florida-grown coffee? How Florida scientists are using AI to serve up the possibilities.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- FDA panel endorses Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- How does the Johnson & Johnson vaccine compare to other coronavirus vaccines?
- Brain discovery may lead to solutions for overeating.
- Green tea compound aids p53, ‘guardian of the genome’ and tumor suppressor.
- Hundreds of thousands of deaths worldwide from COVID-19 could have been avoided if obesity rates were lower, a new report says.
- Confirmed: Diet influences colorectal cancer risk.
- Do antidepressants increase the risk of brain bleeds
- Alzheimer’s: mouse study may have uncovered drug that can prevent the disease.
- Think the brain is always efficient? Think again.
- Cognitive fatigue changes functional connectivity in brain’s fatigue network.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis and Crypto: A Match Made in Africa.
- Why this doctor plans to use psychedelic drugs.
- Does the human brain make DMT?
- More women than men self-medicate with psychedelics.
- Two psychedelic advocates say the mental health industry doesn’t know what it’s doing with its drug studies. (we completely agree)
- Peter Thiel-backed psychedelics player ATAI pulls in another nine-figure raise. But they’re not ready to talk IPO — yet.
- Psychedelics now appear in patent applications for Philip Morris e-cigarettes, periodontal disease, hair loss, weight loss, and food allergies.
- Experts agree that CBD is an immune modulator with strong anti-inflammatory agents that balance the body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Solar-powered car made with hemp components to begin production by year’s end.
- THC remains present in breast milk up to six weeks after a woman abstains from marijuana consumption.
- Juventus spent big on Cristiano Ronaldo to win the Champions League. For a third straight season, it’s not happening.⚽
- The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott have agreed to a four-year, $160 million contract.
- Marvelous Marvin Hagler, middleweight boxing great, dies at 66.
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Jack Dorsey is auctioning his first Tweet ever as an NFT. Now ”worth” $2M US.
What Moved the Markets Last Week
Dow +4.1% to 32,779. S&P 500 +2.6% to 3,943. Nasdaq +3.1% to 13,320. Russell 2000 +7.4% to 2,354. CBOE Volatility Index -16.1% to 20.69.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.2%. Utilities +4.4%. Financials +3.2%. Telecom +0.7%. Healthcare +1.3%. Industrials +3.6%. Information Technology +1.9%. Materials +4.4%. Energy +1.1%. Consumer Discretionary +5.7%.
London +2.% to 6,761. France +4.6% to 6,047. Germany +4.2% to 14,502. Japan +3.% to 29,718. China -1.4% to 3,453. Hong Kong -1.2% to 28,740. India +0.8% to 50,792.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.8% to $65.57/bbl. Gold +1.6% to $1,725.6/oz. Natural Gas -3.8% to 2.599. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.2% to 131.84.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.33%. USD/JPY +0.66%. GBP/USD +0.53%. Bitcoin +15.9%. Litecoin +19.7%. Ethereum +6.%. Ripple -5.5%.
Top Stock Gainers
Entera Bio Ltd. (NASDAQ:ENTX) +389%. Second Sight Medical Products (NASDAQ:EYES) +163%. NLS Pharmaceutics AG (NASDAQ:NLSP) +157%. Exela Technologies (NASDAQ:XELA) +127%. Nova LifeStyle (NASDAQ:NVFY) +121%.
Top Stock Losers
Graybug Vision (NASDAQ:GRAY) -48%. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACAD) -45%. HighPeak Energy (NASDAQ:HPK) -34%. AnaptysBio (NASDAQ:ANAB) -28%. MingZhu Logistics Holdings (NASDAQ:YGMZ) -27%.
Earnings This Week
Jabil (NYSE:JBL), Lennar (NYSE:LEN), J.Jill (NYSE:JILL) and CrowdStrike (NASDAQ:OTC:CRWD) on March 16; ZTO Express (NYSE:ZTO) and Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM) on March 17; Accenture (NYSE:ACN), FedEx (FDX) and Nike (NKE) on March 18 and Tiffany (NYSE:TIF) on March 19.
IPOs This Week
IPOs expected to start trading this week include Jowell Global (JWEL), Olo (OLO), Vine Energy (VEI), Duckhorn Portfolio (NAPA) and Gain Therapeutics (GANX). Across the Pacific, the Hong Kong listing of Autohome (NYSE:ATHM) is expected to start trading. IPO lockup periods expire on StepStone Group (NASDAQ:STEP), Outset Medical (NASDAQ:OM) and Metacrine (NASDAQ:MTCR) on March 15, as well as American Well (NYSE:AMWL), Sumo Logic (NASDAQ:SUMO), Dyne Therapeutics (NASDAQ:DYN) and Pactiv Evergreen (NASDAQ:PTVE) on March 16 and BioVie (OTC:BIVI), Compass Pathways (NASDAQ:CMPS) and Athira Pharma (NASDAQ:ATHA) on March 17. Look for new ratings on Virpax (NASDAQ:VRPX), with the analyst quiet period expiring.
Stocks On Our Radar:
Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
AgeX (NYSE: AGE)
Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575)
ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) ? (Great entry point at .90)
Quotes That Inspire Us:
“I don’t count my situps. I only start counting once it starts hurting. ” – Muhammad Ali
Word Of The Week:
Luddite n. A person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology and is often someone who is incompetent when using new technology. “He was a Luddite that preferred his typewriter over a computer.” (note Luddite is capitalized)
❔ Did You Know:
According to the International Olive Oil Council it is estimated that 70% of all Extra Virgin Olive Oil is fake. (mixed with cheap inexpensive oils) (The new Liviana Premium CBD Infused EVOO will be on sale shortly – follow here)
Books We Are Reading
Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
The Running Book by John Connell
A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
“I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not sure.”
Must Watch or Listen
Can Psychedelics transform mental-health care? | The Agenda. Watch it here. (excellent interview, not the usual suspects and hype)
Promise and challenges for psilocybin and MDMA use in treatment.
Psychedelics: Striking balance between benefits and side effects.
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.