Welcome to the 95th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
Note: I hear many offering advice on how to handle all the extra stress due to the Coronavirus. Explaining to someone why they should feel relaxed instead of telling them to relax is so much more effective. Please give it a go.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
Seems like ”politricks” around the globe is on hold – a good thing, we all need a break.?
- Congo may have fabricated an oil find to leverage foreign aid.
- Lebanon is to default on a foreign debt payment for the first time in its history as the country struggles with a major financial crisis.
- British Steel: Takeover by Chinese set to be completed.
- The Medallion Fund, skepticism, and a failure to comprehend.
- The impact of Coronavirus on the economy. (Very good summary)
- Louis C.K.’s sexual misconduct tanked his career. Now he’s selling out theaters.?
- Colbert, Fallon, Meyers late-night shows will suspend production.
- Emotional Intelligence needs a rewrite. Think you can read people’s emotions? Think again.?
- The jazz icon Sonny Rollins knows life is a solo trip.?
- Is Zero Hedge a Russian trojan horse?
- Here’s why shoppers are hoarding toilet paper.?
- Italy has imposed unprecedented national restrictions on its 60 million people to control the spread of the coronavirus. Also, Spain declared national lockdown.
- Does music boost your cognitive performance??
- As cities become ever more packed with cameras that always see, public anonymity could disappear. Can stealth streetwear evade electronic eyes? ? (Most interesting, available in audio)
- Her son died. Two decades later, she met the medical student who got his heart. (Beautiful story)
- Elon Musk’s battery farm is an undeniable success.?
- Zero trust information, everyone and everything is connected.
- Consciousness is one of the greatest mysteries of the human species. Where and how does it originate?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Doctors appear to have cured a second person of HIV.
- $100 genome sequencing will yield a treasure trove of genetic data.
- What causes an ice age to end?
- Coronavirus drug and vaccine studies are recruiting their first volunteers. ?
- 6 Ways to ‘Quiet’ your brain and live longer.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Psychedelic medicine stocks capture the attention of investors. (Wuhan, OTC:WUHN, mentioned in the article)
- More than just a trip: Why does Ketamine work for depression when nothing else does?
- Upscale psychedelics therapy center opens on New York’s 5th Avenue.
- Kevin O’Leary betting on the new psychedelics emerging industry.
- New research finds artisanal CBD is not as effective as pharmaceutical CBD when treating epilepsy patients.
- Julie Ertz’s header in the 87th minute led the USWNT past Spain, 1-0, in the SheBelieves Cup and extended the Americans’ unbeaten streak to 30 games. ⚽
- China’s Zhang Weili (21-1) defended her strawweight title with a split-decision win over Poland’s Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 248. ?
- Hend Zaza: 11-year-old Syrian table tennis player qualifies for Olympics. ?
- Bob and Mike Bryan chasing a few more big wins to cap their prolific careers.
- What we can learn from studying older marathoners. ?♂️
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook on the great Houston Rockets experiment.?
We recommend Holt Financial:
Holt Financial provides digital financial solutions to consumers looking to access, manage, and streamline digital assets and currencies. Breaking the traditional finance mold, Holt’s intuitive, mobile-friendly and highly advanced platform gives you access to a digital wallet, investments and security tokens all in one place. ?
- For more information on how to open a Holt account, click here.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Our sage advice: Start building your positions over time. The markets will come through all this much healthier and stronger than ever before.
- Universa’s Mark Spitznagel on making money while markets crash. ?
- Gold: The Unfortunate Final Refuge.
- Here’s why I doubled down in my VXX short. (Like this idea a lot, for sophisticated investors only)
- Dow futures tumble 1,000 points after Fed takes emergency action.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) Press Release
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Three Articles:
- Get Your Buying Shoes On, Stocks Are On Sale?
- Two New Megatrend ETFs – Cyber Security ? and Medicinal Cannabis ?
- Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE) – Space Rushs
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman
? Word Of The Week:
- Verbose (ver·bose) adj. – Using or containing a great and usually an excessive number of words; wordy. “She was too verbose in her narrative.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know… The new Coronavirus-19 can survive on surfaces up to 3 days?! ? (Super important to wash your hands frequently!)
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Barry Ritholtz sits down with Jan van Eck, CEO of Van Eck Associates, an ETF and Mutual Fund Manager which runs about $50 billion in funds and client assets.
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews Dr. Peter Hotez M.D., Ph.D., Dean for the National School of Tropical Medicine Baylor College of Medicine. He shares his expertise on viral disease and how it applies specifically to the coronavirus disease.
? Books We Are Reading:
Some of our favorite science books…
- The Body: A Guide for Occupants – Bill Bryson
- The Reality Bubble – Ziya Tong
- Inheritance, by Dani Shapiro
? One Liners:
- Get a free Uber ride when you sign up using this.
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team