Welcome to the 96th edition of The Weekly Bull Report
With so little good news to share at the moment, we will keep this issue short.
It is without a doubt very difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel whilst navigating this pandemic. Rest assured we will get through it. ?
“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Two of the biggest economies in the U.S. – the states of New York and California – are taking the most drastic actions as Covid-19 cases continue to climb.
- Factory and shop closures ‘will push UK into deep recession‘.
- Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Richard Burr sold off more than $1.5 million in stocks just before the market collapsed last month.
- Stocks rebound, recovering some earlier losses as oil spikes more than 20 percent.
- Unemployment claims surged by 70,000 last week. Economists predict that number to rise even higher in the coming weeks.
- The McDonald’s Monopoly Game was rigged for years. One employee helped bust a crime ring to save the company.
- The booming, cloistered, and rarefied world of private jet pandemic travel.
mightwill be the biggest trend in Google search history.?
- Old tech’s new wave, or why we still love faxes, pagers and cassettes.
- A popular anti-clotting device may do more harm than good.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The universe seems to go on forever. But using geometry we can explore a variety of three-dimensional shapes that offer alternatives to “ordinary” infinite space.
- A new study shows that the fatality rate in Wuhan, the coronavirus epicenter, is not as bad as originally thought.
- In Germany, a heated debate over homeopathy.
- Paracelsus, the Alchemist who wed medicine to magic.
- New evidence that teeth can fill their own cavities.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Pure Global granted creditor protection.
- It’s not just toilet paper and sanitizer: Consumers are also stocking up on cannabis.
- Psychedelics in palliative care.
- A single dose of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) may temporarily induce a range of psychiatric symptoms.
- Deontay Wilder to face Tyson Fury for a third time in July. ?
- Dwyane Wade opens up about business ventures and new documentary. ?
- Coronavirus: Chinese football star Wu Lei tests positive and goes into self isolation. ⚽
- The NBA seems to be leading the charge in Covid-19 testing as more new positive results are confirmed.
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Impossible Foods raises $500 million at nearly $4 billion valuation.?
- With oil prices sinking 60 per cent this year, one forecast sees Brent going as low as US$5 a barrel.?(price manipulation in the oil markets is remarkable)
- Chinese cancer drugs developer InnoCare raises US$289 million after Hong Kong IPO is nearly 300 times oversubscribed. (offering size was relatively small, who really knows how much it was oversubscribed. Impressive nevertheless in this market)
- Top Stock Gainers
Blue Apron Holdings (NYSE:APRN) +341%. Bellerophon Therapeutics (NASDAQ:BLPH) +227%. Biomerica (OTC:BMRA) +180%. United Natural Foods (NYSE:UNFI) +96%. Applied DNA Sciences (NASDAQ:APDN) +66%.
- Top Stock Losers
Sabre Corp (NASDAQ:SABR) -94%. Seritage Growth Properties (NYSE:SRG) -71%. Chefs Warehouse (NASDAQ:CHEF) -68%. Ruth’s Hospitality Group (NASDAQ:RUTH) -67%. Granite Point Mortgage Trust (NYSE:GPMT) -66%.
- U.S. Indices
Dow -17.3% to 19,174. S&P 500 -15.% to 2,305. Nasdaq -12.6% to 6,880. Russell 2000 -16.3% to 1,013. CBOE Volatility Index +14.2% to 66.04.
- S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -5.1%. Utilities -9.8%. Financials -15.2%. Telecom -8.%. Healthcare -9.3%. Industrials -14.1%. Information Technology -11.3%. Materials -9.4%. Energy -20.4%. Consumer Discretionary -10.1%.
- World Indices
London -3.3% to 5,191. France -1.7% to 4,049. Germany -3.3% to 8,929. Japan -5.% to 16,553. China -4.9% to 2,746. Hong Kong -5.1% to 22,805. India -12.3% to 29,916.
- Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -26.4% to $23.41/bbl. Gold -1.8% to $1,489.7/oz. Natural Gas -15.5% to 1.578. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +1.% to 137.15.
- Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -3.98%. USD/JPY +3.16%. GBP/USD -5.72%. Bitcoin +3.7%. Litecoin -7.9%. Ethereum -11.3%. Ripple -7.4%. Bitcoin-Cash flat.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX) (PR from this week here. I was a participant this week in an online demo with the CEO + CTO of FlooidCX and an international manufacturer – We are all very impressed with the software and it’s highly likely the company will adopt the platform.)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
Our Latest Two Articles:
- Lifesaver for Remote Workers During Wuhan CoronaVirus.
- Communication Platforms Hot in Times of Wuhan Coronavirus: FlooidCX
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
? Word Of The Week:
- Cerebral (cer·e·bral) adj. Appealing to or requiring the use of the intellect; intellectual rather than emotional: “Her methods were cerebral, analytical, and cautious.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Did you know… Smart people are buying stocks right now; less smart people are buying toilet paper.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Barry Ritholtz interviews David Dunning, professor of psychology at the University of Michigan, where he focuses on the psychology underlying human misbelief. He is best known for the Dunning Kruger effect, his work (with colleague Justin Kruger) on metacognition, and why the unskilled are unaware of their own lack of skills. The original 1999 paper is Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments (PDF) (Another brilliant interview by Barry)
? Books We Are Reading:
Our favorite picks for the
- The Scientist and the Spy: A True Story of China, the FBI, and Industrial Espionage by
- How We Learn: Why Brains Learn Better Than Any Machine . . . for Now by
- What Stars Are Made Of: The Life of Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin by
? One Liners:
- When an employment application asks who is to be notified in case of emergency, I always write, “A very good doctor”.
? Upcoming Events:
- Jeff Robinson, CEO of Wuhan/MJ Medtech, is making himself available at 11 and 11:30 am EST each day this upcoming week: March 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27. To book your 30 minute video call, please send Jeff an email : email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team