Welcome to the 45th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Alan Krueger was the rare economist whose work improved the lives of millions. Read about it here. ⚰
- Philippines is determined to avoid infrastructure debt traps, finance minister Carlos Dominguez tells China.
- Nile shipwreck discovery proves Herodotus right – after 2,469 years. ⚓
- Devastation at blast site after China chemical plant explosion leaves at least 64 dead, 640 injured.
- The WhatsApp co-founder who sold to Facebook for $19 Billion tells students to delete Facebook.
- The first all-female spacewalk is set to happen. 👩🚀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Hallucinogen Therapy is coming. 🍄 (we do plan to be active in this space)
- Aging is a communication breakdown.
- Scientists reveal ancient social networks using AI—and X-Rays.
- Death by a thousand clicks: Where electronic health records went wrong – A must read!
- Why is Japan so obsessed with being on time? ⏱
- How China’s ”Cobot” revolution could transform automation. 🤖
- According to a new crop of cannabis activists, pot is a spiritual high. 🌿
- Grassroots Cannabis raises $90 Million to continue blooming as multi-state operator. 💰📈
- California is growing so much marijuana it could crash the market. 📉
- Daily marijuana use and highly potent weed linked to psychosis. 😖
- CVS Pharmacy will begin selling CBD products in stores across 8 states. 🌿
- We have an active Facebook group, join us here: Cannabis Health and Investing.
- Baseball’s best player deserves more than $430 million. ⚾
- Is it ever too late to pursue a dream? Dan Stoddard believes there is room in the NBA for a 42-year-old rookie. 🏀
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Can the world’s investors trust China’s wild stock markets?
- Levi’s ($LEVI) IPO: Up 32%, one of our favorite IPO’s for 2019. 👖 📈
- Biogen ($BIIB) stock is falling again because even a massive plunge doesn’t make it a bargain buy.
- Chinese stocks continue to outperform all other major global exchanges. 📈
- Come join our Internet Bull Report Facebook group here.
- Treasury yield curve on Friday turned negative for the first time since the crisis more than a decade ago. 📉
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ‘The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you’re finished.” –Benjamin Franklin
- ‘To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Frenetic (fre·net·ic) – adj: Fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way.
Eg. “A frenetic ride on the snowboard.”
❔ Did You Know:
- The 20 craziest investing facts ever. Read here. 📈📉💰
- On this day in history: March 24, 1882 – German scientist Robert Koch discovers and describes the tubercle bacillus which causes tuberculosis. 💉
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Special counsel Robert Mueller has submitted his final report into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Frontline takes an in-depth look in The Mueller Investigation. 📽
- Want to delete depression from your brain? Listen to the interview here.
- Peer-to-Peer Conversation: Masayoshi Son. (Excellent interview!)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction – By
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – By
👌 Feel Good Sunday:
- Witness the most adorable birthday present opening ever.
🐦 One Liners:
- Q: What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a great lawyer?
A: A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge.
- Q: What do you call a student that got C’s all the way through med school?
A: Hopefully not your doctor.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show 2019: Business Design Centre, London – 6 April 2019
Get FREE tickets using the code IBR19!
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗📈
The IBR Team