Welcome to the 143rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- America could be shelling out big bucks on infrastructure – in a bipartisan $3 trillion package – earmarked for developing roads, hospitals, and green energy systems.
- A series of moves and countermoves are making ripples in the Caspian Sea in a power play between Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, and Russia.
- Iran and China sign 25-year cooperation agreement. 🤝
- US sinks to new low in rankings of world’s democracies.📉
- Turkey’s Lira slid again on the back of the firing of its third central bank chief in two years. Erdogan seems to be a hard chieftain to please.
- Trouble in the Suez. 1300 feet trouble to be exact – disrupting global freight and global markets, costing the shipowners $4000 USD per hour during the delay.
- The most innovative countries, ranked by income group.
- Woman with Lotus, a painting inspired by figures in the finest artistic caves of India, the ancient Ajanta caves.🖼
- Much anticipated movies like “Black Widow, Cruella” are further delayed due to slow cinema reopenings in the US. 🎞
- Hvaldimir, the kind (and photogenic) beluga whale, is the most famous whale on the planet – read the story here. 🐋
- The secret auction that set off the race for AI supremacy.
- One Plus is acing the hardware side of things with its OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Providing information on websites to make our lives easier will now be used to manipulate our behaviors.
- Biologically clever looks of robots help to sneak drugs into hard disease targets like brain tumors.
- Amazon’s largest money-making segment, its cloud computing business (AWS), now to be led by Adam Selipsky.☁
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Metformin use is associated with reduced mortality rate from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection.
- How to quiet your mind chatter.🤫
- The link between bioelectricity and consciousness.⚡
- Happiness can be learned.😊
- Coffee’s laxative effect remains a science mystery.💩
- Tobacco Use Disorder: How to break the chain.🚭
- Everything you need to know about high blood pressure (Hypertension).
- Forget these scientific myths to better understand your brain and yourself.🧠
- A human hand has the power to split wooden planks and demolish concrete blocks. A trio of physicists investigated why this feat doesn’t shatter our bones.
- New drugs that block a brain chemical are game changers for some migraine sufferers.
- Correcting altered brain circuit could tackle coinciding obesity and depression.🧠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Mushroom mysticism and the Paschal mystery.
- New research provides evidence that a single dose of psilocybin can boost brain connections. The study is here.
- Survey data reveals most common reasons people use CBD.
- Medical cannabis can reduce essential tremor: turns on overlooked cells in central nervous system
- A two-week course of high doses of CBD can restore the function of two different proteins that are key in reducing the effects of Alzheimer’s disease. 🌿
- How Chicago became the Silicon Valley of pot.
- How the brains of informed psychedelic users are different.
- U.S women’s soccer team captain, Megan Rapinoe, to address gender pay-gap with Congres. ⚽️
- Ronda Rousey’s reaction? On the revival of one her greatest rivals Miesha Tate, a UFC titleholder and the current ambassador for One Championship.🥊
- Major League Baseball goes high-tech and adds spin rate analysis to its current technology of monitoring ball doctoring. ⚾️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- eToro to go public via merger with blank check company at $10.4bn valuation.
- DigitalOcean’s stock opens 12% below IPO price. (worst customer service)
- Deliveroo aims for $12 billion market cap in biggest London debut in a decade.
Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) on March 29; McCormick (NYSE:MKC), Chewy (NYSE:CHWY), Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) and Blackberry (NYSE:BB) on March 30; Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) and Micron (MU) on March 31 and CarMax (NYSE:KMX) on April 1.
Lululemon (LULU) reports earnings on March 30 with analysts expecting revenue of $1.66B and EPS of $2.48 to be reported.
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Compass (COMP), Frontier Group (ULCC), Coursera (COURS), Kaltura (KLTR), Karooooo (KARO), Muliang Viagoo Technology (OTC:MULG) and Flora Growth (FLGC). Quiet periods expire on Oscar Health (NYSE:OSCR) and Innovage (NASDAQ:INNV) on March 29, while IPO lockups expire on Chindata Group (NASDAQ:CD), Yalla Group (NYSE:YALA), Boqii Holding (NYSE:BQ), Pulmonx (NASDAQ:LUNG), Mission Produce (NASDAQ:AVO) and Lixiang Education Holding (NASDAQ:LXEH).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.4% to 33,073. S&P 500 +1.6% to 3,975. Nasdaq -0.6% to 13,139. Russell 2000 -3.1% to 2,216. CBOE Volatility Index -10.% to 18.86.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +3.9%. Utilities +2.8%. Financials +1.%. Telecom -1.5%. Healthcare +2.1%. Industrials +2.2%. Information Technology +2.5%. Materials +2.5%. Energy +3.%. Consumer Discretionary -0.2%.
London +0.5% to 6,741. France -0.2% to 5,989. Germany +0.9% to 14,749. Japan -2.1% to 29,177. China +0.4% to 3,418. Hong Kong -2.3% to 28,336. India -1.7% to 49,009.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -1.1% to $60.73/bbl. Gold -0.6% to $1,731.3/oz. Natural Gas +1.% to 2.559. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.6% to 131.63.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.92%. USD/JPY +0.73%. GBP/USD -0.53%. Bitcoin -5.9%. Litecoin -9.1%. Ethereum -6.4%. Ripple +6.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
Dolphin Entertainment (NASDAQ:DLPN) +133%. Support.com (NASDAQ:SPRT) +123%. Wah Fu Education Group Ltd (NASDAQ:WAFU) +113%. Recon Technology (NASDAQ:RCON) +90%. Summer Infant (NASDAQ:SUMR) +67%.
Top Stock Losers
Odonate Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ODT) -84%. Frequency Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FREQ) -75%. GSX Techedu (NYSE:GSX) -55%. RLX Technology (NYSE:RLX) -53%. ViacomCBS (NASDAQ:VIAC) -50%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) Stock has had a very healthy pullback. Looks very good at these levels. $66.50
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) Seems to always bounce up from this price. $1.64
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) (news here)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (news here and here)
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) Continues to rock since our mention in November, up 500%. 27.00 GBX 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575)
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) Continue to accumulate.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m Possible.’”– Audrey Hepburn
📖 Word Of The Week:
Genteel (gen·teel) adj. 1. Refined in manner; well-bred and polite. 2.
Free from vulgarity or rudeness. 3.Elegantly stylish: genteel manners and appearance.
❔ Did You Know:
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs by Nathalie Molina Niño
If Walmart is lowering prices every day, why isn’t anything in the store free yet?
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.