Welcome to the 42nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Nigeria’s president Buhari has been re-elected for a second term.
- Cubans ratified a new constitution that changes how the island is governed, recognizes property rights and imposes term limits. 🏝
- Yes, India And Pakistan could end the world as we know it through a nuclear exchange. 🚀
- What to know about Estonia’s March 3 general election.
- What an economist Iearned by driving for Uber. 🚗
- Indonesia has the least volatile economy of the 21st century. chart
- Canada’s economy practically grinds to a halt — and nobody saw it coming. 🛑
- Penis stretching devices, penis extenders, pumps, dermal fillers, the penis enhancement sector is booming. 📈
- The Greatest Investor You’ve Never Heard Of: An Optometrist Who Beat The Odds To Become A Billionaire. (Great story!)
- The latest Diet Trend is not Dieting. Read about it here.
- Why do people fall for fake news? 📰
- Concrete: the most destructive material on Earth. 👷♂️
- Google’s Waymo risks repeating Silicon Valley’s most famous blunder. 🚗
- The real reason why Facebook and Google won’t change.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Memories of music cannot be lost to Alzheimer’s and dementia. 🎵
- ”Incredible mind, incredible heart”: After decades fighting Ebola, a beloved expert hangs up his boots. 👨⚕️
- A Whale’s Afterlife. 🐋
- The quest for autism’s causes, and what it reveals about all of us.
- What is neuroscience doing to art? 🖼
- The secret lives of Facebook moderators in America.
- Ariana Grande has matched a feat last achieved by the Beatles. 🎶
- The Story of Storytelling. Read about it here.
- Stéphane Breitwieser robbed nearly 200 museums, amassed a collection of treasures worth more than $1.4B, and became perhaps the most prolific art thief in history.
- FDA head reveals new details about Agency’s CBD Regulation Plans.
- Martha Stewart partnering with marijuana grower Canopy Growth to develop hemp-derived products. 🌿
- Engineered microorganisms churn out THC, CBD and rarer, less-understood cannabis cousins.
- Manchester City investing in Chinese club is boldest attempt yet as overseas teams try to cash in while fortune favours football. ⚽
- How a one-handed champion is reinventing rock climbing. ⛰
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Barrick Gold made an $18 billion hostile takeover offer for Newmont Mining.
- Take a look inside a $28.5 million NYC apartment on Billionaires’ Row.
- After a 30% stock hit, only Oprah can restore WW to its former Weight Watchers glory.
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Circumspect: adj – Wary and unwilling to take risks. “His circumspect approach to investing.”
❔ Did You Know:
- 12: Number of psychiatrists in Zimbabwe, population 16.5 million.
- On this day in history: March 03, 1921: Toronto’s Dr. Banting & Dr. Best announce discovery of insulin.
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street
By John Brooks
Stories about Wall Street are infused with drama and adventure and reveal the machinations and volatile nature of the world of finance.
- Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything
By Carol Loomis
If you ask him, Buffet will tell you he “tap dances to work” every morning.
👌 Feel Good Sunday:
- Positive thinking in 100 seconds. Watch the video.
🐦 One Liners:
- “Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off?”
“He’s all right now.”
- Q: What’s the difference between a lawyer and a herd of buffalo?
A: The lawyer charges more.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 🤗📈
The IBR Team